Tape Never Lies Mock Draft (DDP's Epic Rant)

aeronaut

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Northwestern Wildcats
I think Nagy has exacerbated the OL problems during his tenure.

What has he been given to work with? Leno and Massie? Tayo Fabulaje? Arlington Hambright and Pig Simmons? (Probably spelled those wrong. Well, I think I got 'Pig' right.) That's like trying to judge how good someone is at making an apple pie if you give them a bucket of bolts and a bottle of drano.

Nagy/Pace hired Juan Castillo, a highly regarded OL coach. He's gotten Mustipher up to speed, and did a lot with a little last year. Give him a solid, talented OT, the line will get a lot better, and as a result, the offense will get better. People seem to lose track of the idea that improving the OL improves the run game and the passing game. Given that the run game and the passing game are pretty much the whole of the offense, well, build a good line and you've got a good offense.

Look at the pro bowl OT selections. They skew heavily towards first rounders. Sure, every position does, but OT does more than other positions. That implies it's more important to spend top picks on OTs than on other positions. Players like Jackson, Mooney, Montgomery, Cohen, Nichols, can be found later in the draft (well, Nichols is a bit of a fluke, DL is a lot like OT that way, and don't get me started about FA Hicks, ....) But the top OTs live in the top round, so let's finally get ourselves one.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
No, but we can build towards the future. Maybe we can see what Nagy's offense looks like with a competent QB running it (not exceptional, just competent). Maybe getting a new LT will have us set there for a decade. The alternatives are make the team better, or don't. I prefer make the team better. (Sadly, some of Pace's choices this offseason haven't done that.)
I thought competent was what Foles was?

Oh but the offense still sucked. Nagy runs an Arena League offense.