Tape Never Lies Mock Draft (DDP's Epic Rant)

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Whitehair was playing damn well at LG once Mustifer hit the line up. As he did in his early years. Getting to the 2nd level fluidly. The coaches have already confirmed that's his best position. Daniels will play RG.
Or you know, you could go crazy and create competition.. wasn't Daniels playing his best football at LG right before his injury?

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Or you know, you could go crazy and create competition.. wasn't Daniels playing his best football at LG right before his injury?
He was. But I think they view him as the more versatile of the two. Cody has only ever looked good at LG.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Yes. He was beasting out but....Vita Vea was beating him like a drum when he got injured.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Sad it took the coaches that long to figure it out. Kreutz was repeatedly beating the drum that Whitehair was consistently getting blocking assignment calls wrong at C; Mustipher took over and started making the right calls. Mustipher has elite intelligence, he just doesnt have elite athletic skills
Pretty much. Thankfully that's one position along the oline where you don't necessarily need great athletic abilities. Smarts and technique can go along way.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
It's also worth noting that Sam works out in the offseason with his former team mate Q. Nelson, who reportedly has some legendary workout regimes. Not surprising that dude is the ultimate savage. I think with a year under his belt and a full offseason with legit strength and conditioning Sam can really take a step forward and prove his worth.

Last edited:

Brownie

Liked Posts:
Thanks for this but I'm not going to take my draft advice from the guy who championed Shea McClellin and died on that hill.

I feel you.. But it was more about Leno than it was the draft pick.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Pretty over the top from DDP, even though I like his commentary for the most part.

Leno allowed 4.5 sacks last season, 4 holds and 3 false starts. Now that is bad, but it isn't horrible. I think the lack of effort is what drives Phil crazy.

It certainly a position that needs an upgrade, but not a position I would draft a lesser player because next season you have the option of filling LT via the draft or free agency with Leno's cap hit being minimal.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It's also worth noting that Sam works out in the offseason with his former team mate Q. Nelson, who reportedly has some legendary workout regimes. Not surprising that dude is the ultimate savage. I think with a year under his belt and a full offseason with legit strength and conditioning Sam can really take a step forward and prove his worth.

I remember in the 2018 draft that posters here said that Nelson was a waste of a pick at #6. Lmao. They just got a HOF'er(if he stays healthy)

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Whitehair was playing damn well at LG once Mustifer hit the line up. As he did in his early years. Getting to the 2nd level fluidly. The coaches have already confirmed that's his best position. Daniels will play RG.
With Daniels coming back, the issue is who wins out? Bars, Whitehair or Daniels assuming Mustifer continues to impress at Center. If the Bears draft a starter at tackle better than Ifredi, you can toss him into the interior line mix as well.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Pretty over the top from DDP, even though I like his commentary for the most part.

Leno allowed 4.5 sacks last season, 4 holds and 3 false starts. Now that is bad, but it isn't horrible. I think the lack of effort is what drives Phil crazy.

It certainly a position that needs an upgrade, but not a position I would draft a lesser player because next season you have the option of filling LT via the draft or free agency with Leno's cap hit being minimal.

There's a lot more than that. Watch his breakdowns and he whiffed on SO MANY blocks in the running game you couldn't keep track. They guy is pathetic and needs to be off the team.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
There's a lot more than that. Watch his breakdowns and he whiffed on SO MANY blocks in the running game you couldn't keep track. They guy is pathetic and needs to be off the team.

His run blocking issues make running to his side problematic at times

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
With Daniels coming back, the issue is who wins out? Bars, Whitehair or Daniels assuming Mustifer continues to impress at Center. If the Bears draft a starter at tackle better than Ifredi, you can toss him into the interior line mix as well.

LOL! Are you kidding me???? Bars played pretty well but it is very obvious that Daniels and Whitehair will be the guards. Bars is a very good back up to have.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Yes. He was beasting out but....Vita Vea was beating him like a drum when he got injured.
Some guys are just studs though. Vita Vea makes a lot of good players look bad, how many guards can really push him around? Its not many.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
LOL! Are you kidding me???? Bars played pretty well but it is very obvious that Daniels and Whitehair will be the guards. Bars is a very good back up to have.
You may be right. With the Bears D. Tackles that these 3-4 get to "try out" against, it should be obvious who's a starter and who isn't.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
His run blocking issues make running to his side problematic at times

I have seen the tape. Trust me I am no fan of Leno and happy to see him go. I just thought the rant was over the top, when it was merely about starting a rookie tackle on the right side to get him used to the NFL (which isn't unusual in the NFL) and DDP was like the organization has no effing clue if they let Leno play one more down for this team.

I understand and agree that Leno is bad. But an over the top blowout about starting a rookie tackle on the right side for a little bit (when he had no problem with sitting Fields for a year over Dalton) seemed like a personal vendetta getting in the way of objective sportscasting.

That's all. I like Phil but he certainly has his favorites. He was very pro-Trubisky in his film reviews.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
In the Broncos game in 2019, Leno was put on his ass by a FS on a toss sweep. It was so sad to watch
Remember when Mack threw the Tampa bay tackle on his ass with 1 arm?