Teams that are worse than us

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
It's not about what typewriter feet actually are-a means of MOVING in the pocket, or sliding in the pocket while taking short quick steps, so that you can be positioned to throw quicker. But when you are in a single spot, and you are trying to stomp out a message in Morse code to China, it is a flaw.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

lol

keep digging that hole.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
lol

keep digging that hole.
If the Bears draft Goff, I won't need to keep digging. He'll stomp a mudhole to the Land of the Lost.

Maybe his happy feet will finally grade Soldier Field nice and smooth.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
He sure doesn't look like a 1st day starter but I think he will eventually make the transition. Will he ever be a top 5 QB probably not, but there is a goo chance he develops to a top 12.
That sounds like the Brandon Marshall trade, dump a guy that plays at a known level and draft a a guy with a 1st rd pick that you hope has a good chance to develop to play around the same level.

We see how that has worked out.

Why would a team do that?

Last edited:

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
lol

keep digging that hole.
Seriously though, all joking aside, look at Goff last year against ever shitty Northwestern (I hope no one in my family reads that, as 2 uncles and an aunt went there)

You see on many his short and intermediate plays where his happy feet really got going, and his accuracy was all over the place. Some throws he got away with it, but many were hopping, or thrown behind the receiver.

Happy feet are not a good thing, and they certainly are not good footwork. His best throws were the ones that came out quick, or he moved with a more natural gait.

https://youtu.be/4eZdPf09RDM

Last edited:

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
NFC:
Detroit
Philadelphia
San Francisco
Tampa Bay
New Orleans

AFC:
Cleveland
Miami
Houston
Jacksonville
Oakland

Teams that are on our level:
Baltimore
Tennessee
Washington
San Diego

We are not getting the number 1 pick unless Cutler goes down for the year. The offense is too good at moving the ball and keeping the defense off the field. And on top of that, the defense is improving every week under Fangio. They made the mistake of taking the gas off the pedal after the Cutler interception. Not sure if it was pure prevent, but the defense was different.

Our 3 losses are vs 3 of the best teams in the whole NFL. Half the teams in the NFL would be 0-3 at that point.

I still see 7-9 and a 10-12 pick in the draft.

Anybody coming to all these conclusions after 4 games needs to check in to re-hab.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No brother, seriously. Just stop. You're clueless about this and that's okay.
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...f-became-nations-top-nfl-quarterback-prospect

His coaches are trying to shine a positive light on his happy feet-what do you honestly expect? The thing is, they are obvious, and only the head of a losing college program would ever say they are a good thing. Look at the video I posted previously of him against Northwestern. His intermediate accuracy is spotty at best due to that bad habit of his.

But wth, while we are quoting CBS, I did a little googling as I feel his happy feet are obvious in my watching him. And I am far from the only one.

WEAKNESSES:*While Goff boasts plenty of admirable traits, he does come with some concerns. He hasn't missed a game due to injury at Cal but possesses a relatively spindly frame with long, lean limbs. Tiring of picking himself off the ground has led to Goff developing a bad habit of happy feet in the pocket and though he has shown admirable courage in taking hits to deliver passes, the quarterback too often throws without his feet set, sapping velocity and accuracy.

Goff is a good athlete for the position but isn't a true scrambling threat and his accuracy drops when attempting to throw on the run. Dykes' offense rarely calls for traditional deep balls down the sideline and therefore this is an area in which Goff must impress during workouts to convince scouts he can be successful in this area against NFL competition.

--Rob Rang (7/27/15)

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/2061053/jared-goff

Not a Rang fan perse, but some things are obvious.

For an example of what typewriter feet in the pocket should look like, and footwork overall, go watch some highlights of Dan Marino. Day and night from Goff's happy feet.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
His coaches are trying to shine a positive light on his happy feet-what do you honestly expect? The thing is, they are obvious, and only the head of a losing college program would ever say they are a good thing. Look at the video I posted previously of him against Northwestern. His intermediate accuracy is spotty at best due to that bad habit of his.

But wth, while we are quoting CBS, I did a little googling as I feel his happy feet are obvious in my watching him. And I am far from the only one.

WEAKNESSES:*While Goff boasts plenty of admirable traits, he does come with some concerns. He hasn't missed a game due to injury at Cal but possesses a relatively spindly frame with long, lean limbs. Tiring of picking himself off the ground has led to Goff developing a bad habit of happy feet in the pocket and though he has shown admirable courage in taking hits to deliver passes, the quarterback too often throws without his feet set, sapping velocity and accuracy.

Goff is a good athlete for the position but isn't a true scrambling threat and his accuracy drops when attempting to throw on the run. Dykes' offense rarely calls for traditional deep balls down the sideline and therefore this is an area in which Goff must impress during workouts to convince scouts he can be successful in this area against NFL competition.

--Rob Rang (7/27/15)

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/2061053/jared-goff

Not a Rang fan perse, but some things are obvious.

For an example of what typewriter feet in the pocket should look like, and footwork overall, go watch some highlights of Dan Marino. Day and night from Goff's happy feet.

This is taught, by his coaches who teach it to ALL of thier QBs why can't you see this? Hell its taught every year at the Manning passing academy.

You're grasping at straws when the facts are right in front of you.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
You're confusing Happy feet with foot work. Happy feet is what happens to SOME QBs when they feel pressure in the pocket. This is footwork that has be drilled and instilled in him.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This is taught, by his coaches who teach it to ALL of thier QBs why can't you see this? Hell its taught every year at the Manning passing academy.

You're grasping at straws when the facts are right in front of you.
Typewriter feet. But when Goff steps back, and is NOT moving or sliding, his feet start stamping away, and not setting. Forget practice, forget drills. Watch his game tape. Look at how he gets his feet going, and they don't stop to set properly. Then look at his accuracy issues on his short and intermediate passes. Sometimes his talent lets him get away with it. Many times though, his accuracy and velocity is off. It's on film. I'm sure it is all fine and dandy in Dyke's theory. But in reality, it is going to be a major issue for him against NFL caliber defenders.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Typewriter feet. But when Goff steps back, and is NOT moving or sliding, his feet start stamping away, and not setting. Forget practice, forget drills. Watch his game tape. Look at how he gets his feet going, and they don't stop to set properly. Then look at his accuracy issues on his short and intermediate passes. Sometimes his talent lets him get away with it. Many times though, his accuracy and velocity is off. It's on film. I'm sure it is all fine and dandy in Dyke's theory. But in reality, it is going to be a major issue for him against NFL caliber defenders.

Seems to me you're over exaggerating. I have watched a ton of his snaps. Just re watched his snaps against USC from last year this past weekend where he took a beating in the pocket.

I see the typerwritter moreso when he's going through his progressions I.E, scanning the field. On normal drop backs his back foot plants and the ball is out.

Until I see ONE legitimate scouting report saying its an issue, it will remain a non issue.

I'll grant you small accuracy issues at times. These are correctable. I'm not in the tank for Goff camp. That said, for his flaws. There's one thing that pops in watching him. His Ball placement or pin point accuracy at times is jaw dropping. It's been a long time since I've seen anything like it at the college level. He's made throws that have me saying Wow and its not because he can throw it throw a brick building. It's just that rare at the college level.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
lol

usmajor felt like knocking goffs footwork just for the hell of it, despite not knowing wtf he was talking about, and despite his ignorance being pointed out to him he just keeps spewing nonsense as if itll suddenly become true.

goffs footwork is excellent, as is his accuracy. those are two of his, many, strong suits. let it the fuck go. you were wrong. accept it.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
lol

usmajor felt like knocking goffs footwork just for the hell of it, despite not knowing wtf he was talking about, and despite his ignorance being pointed out to him he just keeps spewing nonsense as if itll suddenly become true.

goffs footwork is excellent, as his is accuracy. those are two of his, many, strong suits. let it the fuck go. you were wrong. accept it.
False. But hey

https://youtu.be/pQHMxRrEOvw

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That sounds like the Brandon Marshall trade, dump a guy that plays at a known level and draft a a guy with a 1st rd pick that you hope has a good chance to develop to play around the same level.

We see how that has worked out.

Why would a team do that?

Best case scenario is that White is as good as Marshall. There was not really a chance for an upgrade this year. Pass rush on the other hand, sure could have used a 3-4 pass rusher opposite Violent.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Seems to me you're over exaggerating. I have watched a ton of his snaps. Just re watched his snaps against USC from last year this past weekend where he took a beating in the pocket.

I see the typerwritter moreso when he's going through his progressions I.E, scanning the field. On normal drop backs his back foot plants and the ball is out.

Until I see ONE legitimate scouting report saying its an issue, it will remain a non issue.

I'll grant you small accuracy issues at times. These are correctable. I'm not in the tank for Goff camp. That said, for his flaws. There's one thing that pops in watching him. His Ball placement or pin point accuracy at times is jaw dropping. It's been a long time since I've seen anything like it at the college level. He's made throws that have me saying Wow and its not because he can throw it throw a brick building. It's just that rare at the college level.
Well, looks like Yewtaw's coaches knew how to pressure him, and cause his game to go haywire. The feet were going so hard, that the other players on the field thought the Yoots Drumline marched out onto the field.