Teddy B Traded to Broncos

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Not sure why this takes them out of selecting a QB. I'd guess they take a CB, but wouldn't be surprised if they take a QB. Hell, I don't know why Carolina wouldn't take a QB.
I doubt they take a QB tbh. They looked at the board and realized the QBs that will be available at 8 are not as good/ready as Darnold. So, they got Darnold and will go OL at 8 is my best guess!

greg23

Liked Posts:
Why wouldn't this put Carolina squarely in the position to draft a qb?

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I doubt they take a QB tbh. They looked at the board and realized the QBs that will be available at 8 are not as good/ready as Darnold. So, they got Darnold and will go OL at 8 is my best guess!
I have a feeling Carolina is locked in on offensive tackle and that unless Penei Sewell falls past Cincinnati that guy is going to be Sam Cosmi. Though the second half of this prediction is more of a "make a crazy guess about draft night" shot in the dark, the first part I genuinely think is true.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I have a feeling Carolina is locked in on offensive tackle and that unless Penei Sewell falls past Cincinnati that guy is going to be Sam Cosmi. Though the second half of this prediction is more of a "make a crazy guess about draft night" shot in the dark, the first part I genuinely think is true.
Cosmi would be a surprise pick. Most of the 'experts' have Slater as next best OT after Sewell.

I do agree with the sentiment that there will be some surprise picks this year, more then most years just because of the weird college season and no combine.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I'd rather have Teddy B over Dalton for 3 mil and a 6th.
I would not. Bridgewater never really did anything in the pros before he annihilated his knee, he's been coasting ever since on his draft position and what he looked like in camp. He won a few games with the Saints surrounded by all world talent in an offensive system that just needed him to take the snap do what he was told.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Cosmi would be a surprise pick. Most of the 'experts' have Slater as next best OT after Sewell.

I do agree with the sentiment that there will be some surprise picks this year, more then most years just because of the weird college season and no combine.
The reason I say Sam Cosmi specifically here is because the Panthers already have one of the better right tackles in football in Taylor Moton. What they want is the prototype blindside protector, which really does not entirely apply to Christian Darrisaw, Rashawn Slater or even Penei Sewell. Not saying none of those guys have any shot of panning out at left tackle, but they aren't exactly what you look for at the position.

Cosmi is the essentially perfect left tackle prospect in his build, athleticism and profile. His fit with Carolina particularly is perfect.

We'll see, I'm loving the intrigue man this is going to be a fun night tomorrow.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I agree that it's unlikely Carolina would take a QB, I'm just making the point that it's not out of the question. Just because Darnold is on their roster now doesn't mean he'll be there May 3rd. Take Lawrence out of the equation, and Carolina might have Lance as their #1 QB. If they want to draft a QB, and the gap between where they perceive Lance at #8 and a 2nd rounder is the width of an ocean, then why not take Lance there?

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Denver is now a perfect trade up partner if the Bears want to go that high. I have a feeling that 1 or 2 of the QBs will slip past 10.

Last edited:

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
hmm. being out here in Denver, it feels like this is insurance against Lock for this year, so I'd put my money on Broncos not getting a qb. New GM Paton is from Minni, may still love bridgewater. I do think it opens up the possibility of Panthers drafting a qb though, as there is nothing wrong with having your starter and your insurance policy. Bears can't even get 1 let alone 2..lol

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I am not a fan of Bridgewater at all.
Me neither. I never advocated for him coming here when he was coming off the Saints. If anything, it is more of an indictment against Andy Dalton and how I feel about him potentially starting

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe Paton has a vendetta against the Vikings and wants to do business wit da berz.