Teddy B Traded to Broncos

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Word is Denver was looking to trade down from #9 if "their guy" wasn't on the board. Whispers are their guy was Trey Lance, so maybe that means he's the Niners guy at 3.

Don't care what they say, no way they are going QB in the 1st so this take out one of the teams for a QB and adds another potential trade up spot.

1. Lawrence
2. Wilson
3. Lance
4. Pitts
5. Chase
6. Sewell

Detroit apparently tried to trade up for Chase, so I imagine they are looking to trade down. Candidates to trade to 7 are NE (for a QB) or LAC (for Slater) or PHI (for a QB). I definitely don't see Detroit staying at 7 though.

Carolina again is a trade down candidate at 8. They could stay and take Slater (if there) or whoever they feel is the best CB. Same teams are trade up candidates, but obviously this is where you can add the Bears.

Denver is also a trade down candidate. Also have CB as a need, so could take 1st CB off the board if Carolina doesn't. Dallas is probably taking CB at 10, but Denver could trade back and target Micah Parsons (we know Fangio loves his LBs, and it's a need).

So, the bad news there are still multiple teams with higher picks who could trade up for a QB, even if Denver doesn't take one. Good news is, I'm at the point where I honestly think the Bears end up with either Mac Jones or Fields. Depending on 7-9, I could even see the Bears getting a QB at 13, 15-18 (Pats either move up or don't take a QB IMO). Vikings are at 14. Cowboys and Giants probably aren't trading back from 10 & 11 and also aren't taking QBs. With the rumors that management may not let Pace give up too much of the future, the Bears may be able to wait til the early teens and make a minimal trade up for a QB.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
hmm. being out here in Denver, it feels like this is insurance against Lock for this year, so I'd put my money on Broncos not getting a qb. New GM Paton is from Minni, may still love bridgewater. I do think it opens up the possibility of Panthers drafting a qb though, as there is nothing wrong with having your starter and your insurance policy. Bears can't even get 1 let alone 2..lol
Hope he loves him and is willing to trade down if the offer is right

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
I have a feeling Carolina is locked in on offensive tackle and that unless Penei Sewell falls past Cincinnati that guy is going to be Sam Cosmi. Though the second half of this prediction is more of a "make a crazy guess about draft night" shot in the dark, the first part I genuinely think is true.

Oh, I hope not. I really like Cosmi.

You may be right, though, as no team is saying anything about Cosmi or E. Moore. It’s like they’re just hoping the other teams don’t see it.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Word is Denver was looking to trade down from #9 if "their guy" wasn't on the board. Whispers are their guy was Trey Lance, so maybe that means he's the Niners guy at 3.

Don't care what they say, no way they are going QB in the 1st so this take out one of the teams for a QB and adds another potential trade up spot.

1. Lawrence
2. Wilson
3. Lance
4. Pitts
5. Chase
6. Sewell

Detroit apparently tried to trade up for Chase, so I imagine they are looking to trade down. Candidates to trade to 7 are NE (for a QB) or LAC (for Slater) or PHI (for a QB). I definitely don't see Detroit staying at 7 though.

Carolina again is a trade down candidate at 8. They could stay and take Slater (if there) or whoever they feel is the best CB. Same teams are trade up candidates, but obviously this is where you can add the Bears.

Denver is also a trade down candidate. Also have CB as a need, so could take 1st CB off the board if Carolina doesn't. Dallas is probably taking CB at 10, but Denver could trade back and target Micah Parsons (we know Fangio loves his LBs, and it's a need).

So, the bad news there are still multiple teams with higher picks who could trade up for a QB, even if Denver doesn't take one. Good news is, I'm at the point where I honestly think the Bears end up with either Mac Jones or Fields. Depending on 7-9, I could even see the Bears getting a QB at 13, 15-18 (Pats either move up or don't take a QB IMO). Vikings are at 14. Cowboys and Giants probably aren't trading back from 10 & 11 and also aren't taking QBs. With the rumors that management may not let Pace give up too much of the future, the Bears may be able to wait til the early teens and make a minimal trade up for a QB.
I agree that its going to be Trey Lance, and I think it has been him all along from the day they made that trade. They blew all that Mac Jones smoke up everyone's ass just to keep some team from getting desperate and offering the Jets the farm for second overall. Keep in mind when the 49ers acquired third overall Sam Darnold was still on the Jets, there was a possibility that the Niners needed to consider that the Jets might have been open to moving back.

I also agree the top six will go those same players, though perhaps in a different order (who really knows). That means the quarterback drama culminates with Broncos, who either have a good trade package in hand from Football Team, Patriots or Bears or decide to just take Justin Fields or Mac Jones. I think their ideal situation is that Sewell or Pitts falls, and once those two are off the board (which looks very likely, bordering on certain) they are going to be on the horn trying to move that make.

This creates a really, really tense moment because if somebody trades up with Denver for a quarterback there is no real telling which quarterback will be, or whether it will be the same guy the teams who miss out would've drafted.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Oh, I hope not. I really like Cosmi.

You may be right, though, as no team is saying anything about Cosmi or E. Moore. It’s like they’re just hoping the other teams don’t see it.
I do too.

I don't think there is much chance he slides to twenty, either. As much as I would love to have him the more realistic tackle for the Bears at twenty (who I also like a lot) is Teven Jenkins.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I'll say it again:

Refusing to guarantee Bridgewater the starting job is the best quarterback decision Pace has ever made.
Hated the idea of Teddy B last offseason. Hated it even more when we found out it was 20m. He's no better than foles. The guy is a checkdown charlie.

SugabearMVP

Liked Posts:
So let me get this straight for the people who think Denver WON'T be looking at QB:

Broncos pays $3M for Bridgewater and now don't need a QB?
Bears pay $10M for Dalton and are definitely looking at QB?

Broncos will get a QB in the first, period.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

1. Lawrence
2. Wilson
3. Lance
4. Pitts
5. Chase
6. Sewell

Could be a fun draft

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
So let me get this straight for the people who think Denver WON'T be looking at QB:

Denver has Bridgewater AND Drew Lock a 24-year old, 3rd year player. Bears have Dalton and Foles. This isn't even close to the same situation. Because if Denver takes a QB, that means they are giving up on Lock at his lowest possible value, while giving up 2 cheap years of control. If Denver wanted to give up on Lock, they wouldn't have gone for someone like Bridgewater. They would either draft a guy this year or have gone harder after Stafford or Russell Wilson. Just like last year when the Bears had Trubisky. They half assed went for Brady and didn't guarantee Bridgewater a starting job. Those are things you do when you aren't ready to move on from your young QB.

They are hoping Bridgewater pushes Lock to get better just like the Bears were hoping Foles would do for Trubisky. If both fail, they'll be in the same spot as the Bears are this year.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Last year the Broncos built a receiver corps that will last them years. This year they will do the same thing on the offensive line. If Drew Lock can't make that work then next off-season they will find someone who can.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Why wouldn't this put Carolina squarely in the position to draft a qb?
Because they gave up three picks to get Darnold after knowing they had the #8 pick.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

Why would you trade for a guy not noticeably better than Lock to then draft a QB?

greg23

Liked Posts:
Because they gave up three picks to get Darnold after knowing they had the #8 pick.
Its prob unlikely they take a qb.....but a year left before paying sam Darnold (and dumping future 2/3) won't prevent them from taking a qb if someone they love is there at 8