TGDT 1/12 Oilers (15-27-5) @ Blackhawks (29-8-10) 6:00PM CSN

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
<p style="text-align:center;"><span style="font-size:18px;">2013-14 REGULAR SEASON</span>

<span style="font-size:24px;">GAME 48</span>

large.png
<span style="font-size:18px;"> vs</span>.
large.png

<span style="font-size:24px;">15-27-5 ------- 29-8-10</span></p>
<p style="text-align:center;"> </p>

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
I swear you just don't put any effort into these things anymore. </p>

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Rex" data-cid="218921" data-time="1389567506">
<div>

I swear you just don't put any effort into these things anymore. </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I only work for hits bro.  If we ever got more than 1,000 views like last year I'd actually care.</p>

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
If Crawford plays - Hawks lose 1-0</p>

If Raanta plays - Hawks win 7-5</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Rex" data-cid="218924" data-time="1389567822">
<div>

If Crawford plays - Hawks lose 1-0</p>

If Raanta plays - Hawks win 7-5</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

Pretty close, although Raanta only gave up 2 on like 13 shots.</p>

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="218931" data-time="1389588860">
<div>

Pretty close, although Raanta only gave up 2 on like 13 shots.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

I love the "only" beside the 13 shots. </p>

</p>

I'd also like to know why the offense seems to be polar opposite depending on the goalie. (defense too for that matter)</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Rex" data-cid="218932" data-time="1389596893">
<div>

</p>

I'd also like to know why the offense seems to be polar opposite depending on the goalie. (defense too for that matter)</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

I was being sarcastic dork.</p>

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Rex" data-cid="218932" data-time="1389596893">
<div>

</p>

</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

It is a very off phenomenon in the NHL, teams generally play better defensively with the backup in net. I am not sure if there is any science behind this, or even if statistics back it up over the pool of the entire league. But it has been the case on the Hawks for years and more times than I can remember when watching other teams. </p>

</p>

I assume it has a large part to do with the game plan being, play it safe, make the smart simple plays, as opposed to the usual mindset of play our game. Somewhat like a playoff mindset in the regular season, which goes a long way. </p>

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Possibly, but Crawford's got to be pissed--especially with the level of disparity between when he's in net and when Raanta is in net.</p>

</p>

Of course, some putz out there is probably blaming Crawford for letting in Kane's own goal last night.</p>

</p>

A win is a win is a win--I won't dispute that and it's good to get a win, but we won't get far with the skaters going on vacation every time Crawford is in net. </p>

</p>

That being said, Raanta player pretty well, so kuudos to him.  Was also good to see Hoss with the Birthday goal.</p>

</p>

Forklift

Liked Posts:
In the case of Edmonton, it also has to do with a pretty steep falloff in talent once you get beyond Hall, Eberle and Nugent-Hopkins.</p>

R K

Gagner, Schults and Ryan Jones say hello....</p>

</p>

</p>

And while Old Ryan Smith...</p>

R K

Oilers problem is they've done nothing to fix the or add to the D...  They can roll four pretty good lines.</p>

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Forklift" data-cid="218938" data-time="1389632255">
<div>

In the case of Edmonton, it also has to do with a pretty steep falloff in talent once you get beyond Hall, Eberle and Nugent-Hopkins.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Not taking the other team into consideration; I'm just talking the eye-test on how our guys are playing.  Other than Bickell and Zeus who've been a hot mess recently, everyone else seems to be going completely schizo when Crawford is in net--and other teams, like the Habs, are taking advantage.</p>

</p>

In some of our most recent losses with Dr. Craw in net, it seems that both the O and D are doing high-risk-low-yeild plays, like Hammer relying on his impotent backhand clearing attempt and the O looking for the *perfect* shooting lane and being more eager to pass rather than shoot.  Whereas with Raanta they seem to go back to Blackhawks Hockey 101 and just play their game.</p>

</p>

Unfortunately for Crawford, it means he's hung out to dry more often than not.</p>

</p>

Q needs to rectify this since this is a coaching issue.  I think anyone who is hockey knowledgeable would expect some disparity between the skater's level of play between the starter and backup, but not as much as the 'hawks have been showing.</p>

</p>

Again, I'm not freaking, but it's happinging now and needs to be fixed now.</p>

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="218934" data-time="1389624178">
<div>

I was being sarcastic dork.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

no shit, I was commenting on it.</p>

Forklift

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="LordKOTL" data-cid="218941" data-time="1389632962">
<div>

Not taking the other team into consideration; I'm just talking the eye-test on how our guys are playing.  Other than Bickell and Zeus who've been a hot mess recently, everyone else seems to be going completely schizo when Crawford is in net--and other teams, like the Habs, are taking advantage.</p>

</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Actually, the last two games have been Bickell's best since coming back.</p>

</p>

Seabrook, on the other hand...</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Forklift" data-cid="218944" data-time="1389635112">
<div>

</p>

</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

WTF you talking about?  Seabrook should have been a star last night.   Mean while Keith was played like a Pylon, Missed the net four times and was praised for everything else.</p>

</p>

Seabrooks goal sealed the deal.  Ended up plus 2 and had zero Give Aways to Keiths 2.</p>

</p>

Holy fuck the bias ....</p>

R K

Or maybe you were mezmorized by tweedle Dee and Dumb sucking his cock all game...</p>

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Forklift" data-cid="218944" data-time="1389635112">
<div>

</p>

</div>
</blockquote>

How Devan Dubnyk is still in the NHL is beyond me.</p>

</p>

And yet there are those that claim LaBarbera would be an adequate backup, he of the touted "Oilers Goaltender Farm".</p>

Forklift

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="218952" data-time="1389648980">
<div>

WTF you talking about?  Seabrook should have been a star last night.   Mean while Keith was played like a Pylon, Missed the net four times and was praised for everything else.</p>

</p>

Seabrooks goal sealed the deal.  Ended up plus 2 and had zero Give Aways to Keiths 2.</p>

</p>

Holy fuck the bias ....</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I was talking more about the tire fire that wore #7 on Saturday.</p>