CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="218977" data-time="1389662387">

Yup nothing to do with the team in front of him.  ( didn't need the Committed Indian teach me hockey 101 either)....  Nice gem... LOL

Didn't answer my question but then again I didn't expect you to comprehend how....</p></blockquote>

I'm sure I've seen LaBarbera play before. He's been around for a while.

He's a journeyman scrub and that's what he'll stay.

cplmac

Liked Posts:
Seabrook has been a stud pretty much all season, same with Keith. Never thought I would see the day we became so spoiled that in the midst of winning back to back cups we are arguing about the play of two possible Norris candidates.

Forklift

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="218976" data-time="1389662298">
<div>

Pull out of what?  Having a career year?  God I hope so too.</p>

</p>

As for the 2nd pairing...  ROTFL!  Oduya.... You must be joking...</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

If I actually watched the games, I'd see the Swedes out there against the other team's top line on a nightly basis.</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Forklift" data-cid="218994" data-time="1389711426">
<div>

If I actually watched the games, I'd see the Swedes out there against the other team's top line on a nightly basis.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

Not on a consistent basis, but I do think Q matches them up depending on who our top line is out against.   I think it has more to do with #4 who is a top D pair guy on almost any other NHL team.  Not so sure about Oduya...</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="cplmac" data-cid="218983" data-time="1389676801">
<div>

Seabrook has been a stud pretty much all season, same with Keith. Never thought I would see the day we became so spoiled that in the midst of winning back to back cups we are arguing about the play of two possible Norris candidates.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Seabrook would never get the Norris Condsideration.  He does things like Blocking Shots and being Physical.... </p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="puckjim" data-cid="218979" data-time="1389662674">
<div>

I'm sure I've seen LaBarbera play before. He's been around for a while.

He's a journeyman scrub and that's what he'll stay.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Your analysis is like your hockey playing skills, just bad. </p>

</p>

LA got it right with Jones, Hawks not so much with Raanta.  Raanta needs to play games, not sit on the bench.</p>

Forklift

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="219009" data-time="1389723494">
<div>

Not on a consistent basis, but I do think Q matches them up depending on who our top line is out against.   I think it has more to do with #4 who is a top D pair guy on almost any other NHL team.  Not so sure about Oduya...</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I expect them to draw Landeskog, Stasny & MacKinnon tonight while Keith & Seabrook are free to slay bums on lower lines. Leddy and Brookostkival will pick up the scraps.</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Forklift" data-cid="219012" data-time="1389724786">
<div>

I expect them to draw Landeskog, Stasny & MacKinnon tonight while Keith & Seabrook are free to slay bums on lower lines. Leddy and Brookostkival will pick up the scraps.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

It will depend on who Q matches up 10-19-81 with.... </p>

Forklift

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="219013" data-time="1389724884">
<div>

It will depend on who Q matches up 10-19-81 with.... </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Just found out Stasny's out tonight - Colorado will go with 7Ds. He's one of the very few Avs forwards who isn't a trainwreck in his own end. Everyone's job just got a whole lot easier.</p>

</p>

But because Landeskog & MacKinnon don't really have 200 foot games like all three of the Hawks' top line do, I'd expect this to be the matchup. </p>

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="219011" data-time="1389723563">
<div>

Your analysis is like your hockey playing skills, just bad. </p>

</p>

LA got it right with Jones, Hawks not so much with Raanta.  Raanta needs to play games, not sit on the bench.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

I do not want Jason LaBarbera starting games for the Stanley Cup Champs.</p>

</p>

Let him feast on minor-league talent and Beefaroo in Rockford.</p>

</p>

Raanta is not the goalie of the future in Chicago so I couldn't care less if his development takes longer.</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="puckjim" data-cid="219015" data-time="1389725751">
<div>

</p>

</p>

Raanta is not the goalie of the future in Chicago so I couldn't care less if his development takes longer.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

I go back to my previous comment.  I'm done discussing anything with you.  Just wants me to hit my head on the wall.</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Forklift" data-cid="219014" data-time="1389725430">
<div>

Just found out Stasny's out tonight - Colorado will go with 7Ds. He's one of the very few Avs forwards who isn't a trainwreck in his own end. Everyone's job just got a whole lot easier.</p>

</p>

But because Landeskog & MacKinnon don't really have 200 foot games like all three of the Hawks' top line do, I'd expect this to be the matchup. </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

Twitter is a wonderful thing.  I sure do hope Seabrook snaps out of his funk...</p>

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="puckjim" data-cid="219015" data-time="1389725751">
<div>

</p>

</p>

</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Is this because you believe teams can win with just serviceable goaltending? Or because you think Raanta does not have what it takes. As it stands I see him being a much better netminder than Crawford, part of why I did not like signing Crawford to his deal. </p>

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="PSR" data-cid="219029" data-time="1389735078">
<div>

Is this because you believe teams can win with just serviceable goaltending? Or because you think Raanta does not have what it takes. As it stands I see him being a much better netminder than Crawford, part of why I did not like signing Crawford to his deal. </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

I think Raanta is a fine goaltender, although I don't see how you can believe he is a "much better netminder" with such a small sample size.</p>

</p>

Corey Crawford is a SC winning goalie, and with his track record and his HUGE contract, he isn't going anywhere.</p>

</p>

Raanta is eventually trade bait.</p>

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="puckjim" data-cid="219031" data-time="1389735931">
<div>

I think Raanta is a fine goaltender, although I don't see how you can believe he is a "much better netminder" with such a small sample size.</p>

</p>

Corey Crawford is a SC winning goalie, and with his track record and his HUGE contract, he isn't going anywhere.</p>

</p>

Raanta is eventually trade bait.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

That's possible.

He may command some decent coin since he's RFA at the end of the season.  The Hawks may sign him before that's up, but to what amount?  The Hawks already have Craw at a cap hit of 6m per year starting next season.  Raanta will be making more than Labarbera at the beginning of next season. </p>

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="BlackhawkPaul" data-cid="219037" data-time="1389736937">
<div>

That's possible.

He may command some decent coin since he's RFA at the end of the season.  The Hawks may sign him before that's up, but to what amount?  The Hawks already have Craw at a cap hit of 6m per year starting next season.  Raanta will be making more than Labarbera at the beginning of next season. </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Of course Unkie Dale could probably eat Crawford's deal, and they can always use goaltending down in Florida.</p>

</p>

Unless he's fired first.</p>

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's hard to directly compare Raanta to Crawford because the team in front of them has played so differently in front of each of them. </p>

</p>

I would like to see how Raanta looks when the team biffs it completely a la the Habs game, and I'd like to see Crawford when the team completelty dominates like against the Kings.  Right now I personally can't draw a good comparison.</p>

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="puckjim" data-cid="219031" data-time="1389735931">

I think Raanta is a fine goaltender, although I don't see how you can believe he is a "much better netminder" with such a small sample size.

Corey Crawford is a SC winning goalie, and with his track record and his HUGE contract, he isn't going anywhere.

Raanta is eventually trade bait.</p></blockquote>

Come on pj, I said I seeing him "being" a much better netminder, don't think he is right now.

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="PSR" data-cid="219047" data-time="1389751137">

Come on pj, I said I seeing him "being" a much better netminder, don't think he is right now.</p></blockquote>

Got it. Still not enough of a sample size, though. Regardless, it's Crawford for a long time. Hopefully Raanta shines and can be flipped for a high price one day.

R K

Crawfords contract is very tradeable. </p>

</p>
<div>

</p>
</div>