TGDT: 10/27 Kings @ Blackhawks 7:30PM CSN

Ton

Liked Posts:
Brutal win, but thats the way it goes. Many losses earlier in the year we deserved to win. What goes around comes around I guess.

R K

Brutal win, but thats the way it goes. Many losses earlier in the year we deserved to win. What goes around comes around I guess.

Actually I don't know if it was that brutal. Gave up a lot of shots again but there were not a huge amount of quality ones.

Sharp with an amazing move at the end to seal the deal.

Hossa had xrays after the game. Not sure on what but know for sure he did.

I'll take the two points and it was deserved IMO.

TJD

Actually I don't know if it was that brutal. Gave up a lot of shots again but there were not a huge amount of quality ones.

I'll take two points deserved or undeserved any day.

Ton

Liked Posts:

I don't know... I don't think you can honestly say we deserved to win this game... regardless we've had a few losses that we've deserved to win, so its about time it starts to balance out.

R K

I think they deserved to win it. They had far more quality shots than LA. LA controlled the play at times but the Hawks were very good at holding down the quality of shots. The only GA was again Keith taking the outside of an opposing player instead of the inside and playing the puck.

2nd time in two games. 4th goal against on Duncan in 3 games.
<

I thought they'd get their ass kicked tonight so am pleasantly surprised at the outcome.

Anyone check out Niemi's numbers verses Turco's??

Turco playing the pucks scares the shit out of me. He was grazing multiple times tonight and he's so calm as the fans almost freak.

I will add Duncan made some very good plays later in the game, one on a two on one to save even a shot on his goalie. Just has a brain fart per game going on.

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

OMG. . .{{weeps}}. You mean like he could have broken/cracked ribs or something? I fucking HATE the "upper body injury" line of bullshit ambiguity! Q did not sound re-assuring to me on the Hossa front in his postgame.

R K

I just heard xrays. Let's see what happens. Xrays are pretty common in situations like these.

The team will be better off for the adversity but I certainly hope Hossa is ok

Another reason the game tonight was deserved. They were without Hossa for 1 n 1/2 periods.

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just heard xrays. Let's see what happens. Xrays are pretty common in situations like these.

The team will be better off for the adversity but I certainly hope Hossa is ok

Another reason the game tonight was deserved. They were without Hossa for 1 n 1/2 periods.

Yeah, I know. Sometimes I weakly give in to my role of the overly dramatic fangurrl, heh. Nevertheless, I am not liking this situation AT ALL people!

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Seeing the shoulder pads that Hossa wears, it's no wonder he's getting x-rays. Not much protection on those, and that goes for a lot of guys. I'm surprised broken ribs aren't a more common injury, considering what some of these forwards wear.

I will add Duncan made some very good plays later in the game, one on a two on one to save even a shot on his goalie. Just has a brain fart per game going on.

That's going to happen playing 30 minutes a night. No way around it...

maryo

Liked Posts:
My guess is the xrays on Hoss are just a precaution. I saw him go down, and was actually surprised when Pat and Eddie said nothing, especially when they mentioned later he hadn't been back on the ice again. It just looked like an awkward fall behind the play.... the puck was on the top near the blue line and Hoss was skating out of the O zone near the bottom circle and he collided with (rather softly) Brown, I think. Was surprised to see him go down after what looked like very minor incidental contact. But who knows, maybe I missed something major. They never showed it again, and you know how sometimes what you think you saw isn't exactly what happened.... Anyway, all this rambling is meant to say is I hope it's nothing major, cuz it sure as hell didn't look like it.

Shoots_he_scores

Liked Posts:
University of North Dakota, by way of Oak Lawn
My guess is the xrays on Hoss are just a precaution. I saw him go down, and was actually surprised when Pat and Eddie said nothing, especially when they mentioned later he hadn't been back on the ice again. It just looked like an awkward fall behind the play.... the puck was on the top near the blue line and Hoss was skating out of the O zone near the bottom circle and he collided with (rather softly) Brown, I think. Was surprised to see him go down after what looked like very minor incidental contact. But who knows, maybe I missed something major. They never showed it again, and you know how sometimes what you think you saw isn't exactly what happened.... Anyway, all this rambling is meant to say is I hope it's nothing major, cuz it sure as hell didn't look like it.

Don't let that fool you. I remember way back in the day when Michael Handzus was here going to the game where he hurt his knee and at first it looked like a charlie horse... well that was the last game he played as a hawk.

Tonight's game wasnt pretty but ugly wins are much better than pretty losses. Huge tap on the pads to Turco tonight, saved our bacon and probably the only reason we won tonight

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I still think the core problem is that the entire team forgot how to pass and how to clear the zone.

No love for Hamer for that wicked Sopel-esque blocked shot?

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Turco's performance was really good. And R K hit it: He is forever calm and confident while the fans freak out, no matter how he is played prior. That is my favorite part about his play. NEVER boring. Turco could win the next 10, at 2.0 GAA and .94 and you (proverbial) will STILL freak out every game he plays.

Sharpie's goal was awesome, looked like a classic JR goal.

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Kings had the Hawks in deep doodoo for long stretches, but Turco bailed out the team out once again. It wasn't pretty but I'll take every two points that are available.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Where's sonny at after this game?

For anyone keeping track -

Turco - 8gms - 5-2-1 - 2.44ga - .927% - 32.1 shots per gm

Niemi - 4gms - 1-3-0 - 4.50ga - .854% - 28 shots per gm

R K

Where's sonny at after this game?

For anyone keeping track -

Turco - 8gms - 5-2-1 - 2.44ga - .927% - 32.1 shots per gm

Niemi - 4gms - 1-3-0 - 4.50ga - .854% - 28 shots per gm

Sonny is banned from IHN. You can how ever catch his act on the HF Boards.