TGDT: 11/1 Hawks @ Rangers 6:00PM CSN/NHLN

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well, personally, it seems like Culli and Hendry are trying to make something happen out there--dare I say i've been impressed with Hendry's effort--especially drawing penalties.

Boynton, sure he blocks shots about as good as Sopel, but so far he's taking some badly-timed penalties.

I'd say unless his play goes into the shitter, Hendry has earned slot #6--especially since he does have a bit better wheels than Culli and Boynton. Let those two slug it out for slot-5.

R K

Well, personally, it seems like Culli and Hendry are trying to make something happen out there--dare I say i've been impressed with Hendry's effort--especially drawing penalties.

Boynton, sure he blocks shots about as good as Sopel, but so far he's taking some badly-timed penalties.

I'd say unless his play goes into the shitter, Hendry has earned slot #6--especially since he does have a bit better wheels than Culli and Boynton. Let those two slug it out for slot-5.

I only remember one really bad penalty Boyntons taken and that was clearing the puck over the glass verses the Wings I think. Other than that he has not played too terrible.

Considering the amount of minutes he's been getting.

Cullimore has been on the ice for several goals in recent games, where he's been right by the shooter scoring the goal.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Really, Boynton and Cullimore are both equally brutal in their own way. Boynton constantly gets caught pinching when he shouldn't be, and while Cullimore plays smarter, he's just too slow and terrible for it to matter. Thankfully, both of these guys will see their minutes drop drastically now that the seven million dollar man is back.
<

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just win.

Not a huge fan of Boynton or Cullimore. I think in the few games Cullimore has played he's had some offensive upside and been less the pylon then his previous stint with the Hawks. I'd guess the Hawks will keep who-ever has the lower cap hit. I think Cullimore passed through waivers at the beginning of the year so his cap hit should be less.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
But do they realize he's the 2nd best goalie in the league behind Vokoun is the question?

As far as goaltending goes, he's my favorite to watch.

You know you're a sad offense when Avery is 3rd on your team in scoring, now thats an LOL!

Then again they have missed Gaborik since he was the victim of a dirty boarding hit.

Tim Thomas and Brent Johnson are IMO the top two netminders currently in the league. The Pens are having their own Huet/Niemi issue right now.

Lundqvist is the make/break for the Rangers tonight. I'm hoping Campbell comes out of the gate well. If so, the D will thank him for it. If the D plays like they did versus Minny, the Rangers will have to make the best out of any chance they have.

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
Tim Thomas and Brent Johnson are IMO the top two netminders currently in the league. The Pens are having their own Huet/Niemi issue right now.

LOLOL! ICE HOCKEY!!!!!! god I miss that game. I used to roll with one fat two medium and one skinny.

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cullimore in? Really? {{sighs}} I agree with Pez that both he and Boynton both come with their own unique set of deficiencies but I don't know how on a team that has yet to have everyone buy into the Team-D system this season and who languish near the bottom of the entire League in D, how you can leave out Boynton's shot-blocking. At this juncture I'd rather have and live with the risk of his brainfarts but have him continuing to be a League-leading shot blocking machine. His mistakes have been glaring but basically he hasn't particularly bothered me (Hjalmarsson on the other hand! Arrrgh.) and actually with the shot blocking exceeded my expectations for a freakin' older $500K journeyman D-man who's been asked to play more minutes and have a more prominent role than he was ever intended to.

R K

Really, Boynton and Cullimore are both equally brutal in their own way. Boynton constantly gets caught pinching when he shouldn't be, and while Cullimore plays smarter, he's just too slow and terrible for it to matter. Thankfully, both of these guys will see their minutes drop drastically now that the seven million dollar man is back.
<

thank you eddie o jr.

R K

Cullimore in? Really? {{sighs}} I agree with Pez that both he and Boynton both come with their own unique set of deficiencies but I don't know how on a team that has yet to have everyone buy into the Team-D system this season and who languish near the bottom of the entire League in D, how you can leave out Boynton's shot-blocking. At this juncture I'd rather have and live with the risk of his brainfarts but have him continuing to be a League-leading shot blocking machine. His mistakes have been glaring but basically he hasn't particularly bothered me (Hjalmarsson on the other hand! Arrrgh.) and actually with the shot blocking exceeded my expectations for a freakin' older $500K journeyman D-man who's been asked to play more minutes and have a more prominent role than he was ever intended to.

It will be interesting to see how many minutes BC gets tonight and just how really comfortable with the brace he is.

If Cullimore and Boynton get limited minutes who ever is in they should be fine. It's when either get way more minutes than they should they then become a huge Liability.

The fact Boynton was on the ice for the Stanley Cup game winning goal was comical!

EspoForever

Liked Posts:
I only remember one really bad penalty Boyntons taken and that was clearing the puck over the glass verses the Wings I think. Other than that he has not played too terrible.

Considering the amount of minutes he's been getting.

Cullimore has been on the ice for several goals in recent games, where he's been right by the shooter scoring the goal.

Wasn't it the Nashville game when Boynton chipped the puck over the glass? The Overbites scored on the powerplay with half a minute left to keep us from getting at least a point.

Frankly I think the biggest reason we are giving up so many shots is that all of our "D" (Keith and Seabs included) have been making unforced errors in our own end whereas when we were playing well last year we made a good smart first pass giving us time and space...now we're hacking the puck wildly without looking.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ehh, i was trying less to denigrate Boynton/Culli an more to give Hendry props. No, he hasn't been the same since he broke his skull, but last couple of times he played he seems to be fighting hard for a roster spot.

R K

Wasn't it the Nashville game when Boynton chipped the puck over the glass? The Overbites scored on the powerplay with half a minute left to keep us from getting at least a point.

Frankly I think the biggest reason we are giving up so many shots is that all of our "D" (Keith and Seabs included) have been making unforced errors in our own end whereas when we were playing well last year we made a good smart first pass giving us time and space...now we're hacking the puck wildly without looking.

Yup, that was it. And I agree on Seabrook and Keith, Although Seabrook was the culpret early and then Keith took over for him lately. Hopefully they can now start playing better as a pair.

Ton

Liked Posts:
Boynton has had the 4th most ice-time on the team so far, ahead of guys like Hossa, Sharp, Hammer, Kane... give the guy a break. He's 3rd in ice-time for defenseman on the team.

FlaHawkFan

Liked Posts:

You're so right. We went to the Pens/Canes game Saturday and Johnson absolutely stood on his head to help the Pens win that game. The Canes had some great chances and Johnson somehow stoned every single one of them. The Canes are very young and eventually got frustrated enough that they gave up a couple of sloppy goals.

The funny thing was, one of the (many, unfortunately) obnoxious Pens fans at the game started jeering at the end of the game, "That's our back up (clap, clap, clap-clap-clap), that's our back up." He clearly has no idea that Johnson is in the process of chasing Fleury out of the #1 spot.

Anyway, Lundqvist can run hot or cold. And dambit, it seems like it's the Rangers backups who have given the Hawks fits of late. So I'm hoping the Hawks are able to put a few past Stu's new favorite goalie!

Larmer83

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Lundqvist is the make/break for the Rangers tonight. I'm hoping Campbell comes out of the gate well. If so, the D will thank him for it. If the D plays like they did versus Minny, the Rangers will have to make the best out of any chance they have.

Kudos to the manager that picked him in BHP's Bandwagon fantasy league.

EspoForever

Liked Posts:
Anyway, Lundqvist can run hot or cold. And dambit, it seems like it's the Rangers backups who have given the Hawks fits of late. So I'm hoping the Hawks are able to put a few past Stu's new favorite goalie!

Lundquist shut us down at home the last time I saw the Hawks play the Strangers live. I believe he played us pretty tough last year but we tied it 1-1 late and Buff won it in OT. Guess that won't happen this time... |
<

R K

Lundquist shut us down at home the last time I saw the Hawks play the Strangers live. I believe he played us pretty tough last year but we tied it 1-1 late and Buff won it in OT. Guess that won't happen this time... |
<

They always play us tuff in that building no matter the goalie.

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They always play us tuff in that building no matter the goalie.

Period.

To the tune of they haven't allowed the Hawks to win at the Garden in just under 8 effing years---Dec. of 2002.