TGDT: 11/1 Hawks @ Rangers 6:00PM CSN/NHLN

R K

Period.

To the tune of they haven't allowed the Hawks to win at the Garden in just under 8 effing years---Dec. of 2002.

Yea well we hadn't won in Buffalo since 2002. We probably should have won the game in the Garden last year and gave it away.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
What, no thread dedicated to the return of Campbell?

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yea well we hadn't won in Buffalo since 2002. We probably should have won the game in the Garden last year and gave it away.

Hey, I am not saying we don't have a chance to win, just agreeing with the obvious which is that the NYR always play the Hawks tough at MSG. I don't need any convincing about the Hawks being able to slowly but surely knock off all their old barn demons---look at how they embarrassed the B's at the Boston (fuck "TD") Garden last January!
biggrin.gif

R K

Hey, I am not saying we don't have a chance to win, just agreeing with the obvious which is that the NYR always play the Hawks tough at MSG. I don't need any convincing about the Hawks being able to slowly but surely knock off all their old barn demons---look at how they embarrassed the B's at the Boston (fuck "TD") Garden last January!
biggrin.gif

I might need some convincing. I am how ever finding humor out of the score continuously reported a incident between Kane and Toews Friday night that never happened. Now I know why I don't pay attention nor listen to the score.

Bunch of dumb fucks over there.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I might need some convincing. I am how ever finding humor out of the score continuously reported a incident between Kane and Toews Friday night that never happened. Now I know why I don't pay attention nor listen to the score.

I don't listen to that shitty station for the same reasin.

Just curious though, what Toews - Kane incident from Friday are they crapping about?

FlaHawkFan

Liked Posts:
Lundquist shut us down at home the last time I saw the Hawks play the Strangers live. I believe he played us pretty tough last year but we tied it 1-1 late and Buff won it in OT. Guess that won't happen this time... |
<

You know, I was thinking about the Islanders, not the Rangers, with the backup goalie thing. Duh. Lundqvist definitely has shut us down. Damn hunky Swede.
<

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Convincing is nothing so long as you are willing to see it play out over several seasons! Getting those old loss record dogs off their backs takes a little bit of time. Last year's team was able to do it, this year's team even (heh) was able to do it, and lord knows the one thing we are all definitively banking on is the Hawks being competitive for years to come after this Cap crunch of a bitch season, LOL!

R K

I don't listen to that shitty station for the same reasin.

Just curious though, what Toews - Kane incident from Friday are they crapping about?

Someone was saying something about reading Toews Lips telling Kaner to get back on the ice after the hit to the face Friday. I'm not sure at what point though. The point Kane had blood dripping down his face, or after he came back from having the four stitches put in it.

Either way it was dumb for Jay to report it and even dumber for the Score to keep repeating it.

Kerfuffle

Liked Posts:
I personally like out chances here. I think the 'hawks will win in a low-scoring game (I like SG's 2-1 prediction).

Gonna catch this one at a local BWW since the NHLN is carrying it and Gamecenter is blocking it out for some fascist reason. Good thing it starts at 4pm here so i should be able to get in before Monday Night Loitering.

I don't see it being low scoring - especially with the high amount of shots we give up. Even with Campbell back tonight his shifts will be limited and I don't expect him to put in a lot of minutes.

R K

I don't see it being low scoring - especially with the high amount of shots we give up. Even with Campbell back tonight his shifts will be limited and I don't expect him to put in a lot of minutes.

Maybe you missed Saturday game. ALmost a shut out?

Kerfuffle

Liked Posts:
Really, Boynton and Cullimore are both equally brutal in their own way. Boynton constantly gets caught pinching when he shouldn't be, and while Cullimore plays smarter, he's just too slow and terrible for it to matter. Thankfully, both of these guys will see their minutes drop drastically now that the seven million dollar man is back.
<

Agreed. I have been harping on Boynton for awhile now - I don't like him and want him gone. Everytime I see a snafu out there it seems Boynton is more times than not the one who fouled it up. Cullimore hasn't been as bad as I remember him from 5 years ago but he's still bad overall.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Someone was saying something about reading Toews Lips telling Kaner to get back on the ice after the hit to the face Friday. I'm not sure at what point though. The point Kane had blood dripping down his face, or after he came back from having the four stitches put in it.

Either way it was dumb for Jay to report it and even dumber for the Score to keep repeating it.

That figures. Their hatred for hockey is so blatant.

They only time they even mention the Hawks is if the have some type of negative spin to it.

R K

They only time they even mention the Hawks is if the have some type of negative spin to it.

I find it funny that when JT was knocked silly last year by Willie did Kaner walk up and tell the "pussy to get back on the ice and play".

It's assinine. I wouldnt turn the score on if they paid me.

Kerfuffle

Liked Posts:
Maybe you missed Saturday game. ALmost a shut out?

What does Saturday's game have to do with tonight? Minnesota had a weak offense. I say 4-3 Hawks in OT tonight.

R K

What does Saturday's game have to do with tonight? Minnesota had a weak offense. I say 4-3 Hawks in OT tonight.

They are no weaker than New York.

That's what it has to do with fucking Saturday night.

Or the fucking fact they only gave up 22 shots on Friday night.

Once again I'll do the fucking research for you.

NYR 31 goals FOR

Wild 26 goals FOR

Wow 5 goal differential.

TJD

I don't listen to any "Chicago Sports" talk radio as most of it is from guys who have no fucking clue about hockey; and since I don't like Chicago Baseball or Basketball and there really isn't anything to talk about for the Bears, I plug in the old Ipod and listen to that on my drives.

Kerfuffle

Liked Posts:
I wouldnt turn the score on if they paid me.

It's not that bad - depends who you listen to. Dan Berstein is not a hockey fan and trashes the Hawks all the time. Then he became a fan during the playoffs this year and answered tweets from listeners who called him out on it? His response? - Yeah I'm a fan now - so what?

I miss the post game shows with Jesse Rodgers when the games were on the Score. I like Lawrence Holmes too although his assertion that any grown man wearing a jersey with a player's name on it is immature got me ticked off.

Mike North - he was funny at times especially when the team was awful in the 2002-2006 timeframe. His contest of 'name 3 hawks' was funny when listeners couldn't answer it. These were the dog days though so you needed to hear something light hearted. Even funnier was when they teamed him with Annie Maxfield and she called the Colorado Avalanche the Colorado Rockies - thank god they fired her shortly after that.

There's really not a good sports station out there. It comes down to the Score 670 or AM-1000.

R K

It's not that bad - depends who you listen to. Dan Berstein is not a hockey fan and trashes the Hawks all the time. Then he became a fan during the playoffs this year and answered tweets from listeners who called him out on it? His response? - Yeah I'm a fan now - so what?

I miss the post game shows with Jesse Rodgers when the games were on the Score. I like Lawrence Holmes too although his assertion that any grown man wearing a jersey with a player's name on it is immature got me ticked off.

Mike North - he was funny at times especially when the team was awful in the 2002-2006 timeframe. His contest of 'name 3 hawks' was funny when listeners couldn't answer it. These were the dog days though so you needed to hear something light hearted. Even funnier was when they teamed him with Annie Maxfield and she called the Colorado Avalanche the Colorado Rockies - thank god they fired her shortly after that.

There's really not a good sports station out there. It comes down to the Score 670 or AM-1000.

You are the type of fan I would expect to listen to the score.

Take that as you want.

And Mike North is the biggest dumb fuck in the world when it comes to Hockey. He is a band wagon jumping MOTHER FUCKER!