TGDT: 11/10 Coyotes @ Blackhawks 7:30PM CSN

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
Last March...the Hawks went 6-7-2....I wonder how many of the same people crying now, were the same then. Or the tears that were flowing when they went down 2 games to 1 vs Nash...and all the talk was "how bad they played down the stretch" bullshit.

I guess it's easier if they lose/play poor to jump off the ship and have darkness reign...than to see that they've been outshooting the shit out of some teams and just not finishing. And...being around the game along time, seeing what Toews, Kane, Hossa, Sharp...have done in their fucking careers - tells me it'll be a matter of time before they start going in.

That was March though pmx. After 5 months of the Hawks looking damn dominant around the league. The points were already there for the Hawks at that time so the concern wasn't as high as it is now, Hawks had a playoff spot locked down and had already shown what the team was capable of. That was merely a slump. This right now does not feel like a slump it feels like a problem.

Again we are only a few games away from being 1/4 through the season. That may not seem much to many people but it does me. Being below .500 at 1/4 of the season is not very good. This league these conferences and these divisions are just to damn competative now. It's not easy to come back from a horrible start. Not impossible of course and this team can do it if they can find the gutts again. And lets be honest here the start to the season has been horrible!! Hasn't been decent it hasn't been average..it's been HORRIBLE. For a cup defending team or not. We can stop saying we are losing to bottom feeders and last place teams. Let's open our eyes to what is the truth right now the Hawks are a bottom feeder. Sucks to say that but it's true right now. Maybe someone needs to tell the players this? We can sit here and say the team will get better, obviously it will with the talent but so will the other teams we are competing with. I am concerned. The only thing that is grounding me is that the loses are 1 goal games. So at the very least the Hawks have been in the games but they need to start finding ways to win the damn things.

I don't care about evaluating today. I just want a win in the next game. WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN. Don't care how its done just win. 2 points please!!

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Or it's because so many season ticket holders, who are the fans are dumping their tickets and those taking them don't have a fucking clue?

Just sayin..

Some times the crowd can rally a team to victory. Not the crowd in the UC that's for sure.

Fine. I'll take the blame for last night's loss.

Lord knows unless you buy an entire season, you can't possibly cheer for the Hawks properly.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
Yah its not the fans fault the Hawks have the record they do right now. That's the biggest stretch of all. HATE that excuse.

If I ever heard that out of a mouth of a player that the fans are the reasons for loosing then I will deem that player the worlds biggest douchebag even ahead of Modano. I like when they say the fans help them win though lol. How 2 faced right?

I'll take blame too if it is. Maybe I haven't been wearing my hat correctly and not yelling at the tv screen hard enough. If fandom is what wins and loses games then Atlanta would be 0-82 every season.

I understand that momentum and energy from the fans can get a team going. Of course that happens. But yes it all starts on the ice. Give us something to cheer for. After all those cars you are driving and those million dollar homes? We sort of are paying for those
<
. Enjoy them.

JOVE23

Liked Posts:
Hey, I'm 4-1 going to Hawks games all time. It's all y'all's fault.

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well I'd be happy to go to more games if someone gave me tickets and a place to live in Chicago!
<

Free tickets AND a damn roof over your trifling head? Sometimes you go TOO FAR mister! Go comport yourself.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
That was March though pmx. After 5 months of the Hawks looking damn dominant around the league. The points were already there for the Hawks at that time so the concern wasn't as high as it is now, Hawks had a playoff spot locked down and had already shown what the team was capable of. That was merely a slump. This right now does not feel like a slump it feels like a problem.

Again we are only a few games away from being 1/4 through the season. That may not seem much to many people but it does me. Being below .500 at 1/4 of the season is not very good. This league these conferences and these divisions are just to damn competative now. It's not easy to come back from a horrible start. Not impossible of course and this team can do it if they can find the gutts again. And lets be honest here the start to the season has been horrible!! Hasn't been decent it hasn't been average..it's been HORRIBLE. For a cup defending team or not. We can stop saying we are losing to bottom feeders and last place teams. Let's open our eyes to what is the truth right now the Hawks are a bottom feeder. Sucks to say that but it's true right now. Maybe someone needs to tell the players this? We can sit here and say the team will get better, obviously it will with the talent but so will the other teams we are competing with. I am concerned. The only thing that is grounding me is that the loses are 1 goal games. So at the very least the Hawks have been in the games but they need to start finding ways to win the damn things.

I don't care about evaluating today. I just want a win in the next game. WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN. Don't care how its done just win. 2 points please!!

I dont think they're bottom feeder, so I guess we differ there. If you want to argue that players arent playing well - I'm there with you. Toews needs to be more of a 35-40 goal guy, instead of the 20-25. Its time he takes his game to that level. Kane's not that far off his point pace, but he needs more in the 5-on-5, especially this year with the players lost. Keith has been awful this year. I wasnt expecting a 60+ point season again - but I do expect him to simplify things in his own zone, make better first passes, and his overall game will return. He's been too good in his career to take a dump like he has so far. Sharp - has always been streaky. Always. Take a look at his history. Look at all these players "history" so far. None of their past tells me that "they don't care" or are not trying, giving their best efforts,etc. That is such bullshit...I dont know where to start. 6 months ago there were men on here that wouldve had Toews' baby based onbeing Capt. Serious, his refuse to lose attitude - and now....he doesnt have that mentality?

Its just the opposite. The names right there alone are a group that are trying too hard - which makes it look worse/harder to flow., and they're not getting the results. I dont question their character, efforts, or will/want to win. I'm sure they feel more pressure at home with all the hype/build up and feel the pressure to replace the players lost on their own - and it will take time for them to trust in the "replacements" to fill that void and not try to do it all themselves. Thats what it looks like.

I have no problem with criticizing people playing like shit. I do that too. But to now think that they're not giving "effort" and question the character of a group that six months ago they brought the Stanley fucking Cup to a city that most of us never saw/nor thought we would - (and after they outshoot a team 36-22, more scoring chances, lose a game for a 35 sec span - based on mistakes - not effort)...is complete stupidity to me.

It took the last group 3 years to learn to play together and learn how to win. To "repeat" will be tough. This group needs to learn how to defend, how to stay on top, learn new players, new roles....and its going to take more than 20 games. It may take 40....50. There has been/will be growing pains. I don't doubt that group (Toews, Kane, Hossa, Keith, Seabrook.....etc) will figure out what they need to do, and when it does "click"...look out. Q's been to the playoffs 11 out of 12 years. I think he knows what it takes to get there...and if they are a 4-5-6 seed, so be it. Who would want to play that group in the first round? I saw what Toews has done in the OLY and in the playoffs (Conn Smythe). Kane as well on the big stage. He or Sharp couldve been Conn Smythe winners. Hossa has his cup....that pressure will be gone. So what their home record isnt good right now. I saw Boston lose like 6 home games 2 years ago....then all 4 in the second round to CAR that year.

My bottom line is....I don't doubt the players know they can play better. I also dont doubt the complete bullshit they're not giving "effort" or want/will to win.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Looks like this will be the last game for RKs Seabrook Jersey.