TGDT: 11/10 Coyotes @ Blackhawks 7:30PM CSN

TJD

Well go watch the game again because you missed it.

as for that last comment you are kidding right? You don't thnk they gave effort last night? Really?

Wow. It's not like they were just playing some shitty team. They were playing a team that almost killed us every time we played them last year and I'm pretty sure one 2 of the 4 games against them.

No effort? Really?

I'm going to have to take a sebatical from this place.

Sure there was a bit of an effort, but for the most part it seemed they were just going through the motion until the final 5 minutes or so like they have the past few games.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
I agree with the "lack of effort" as well RK. The gave up 22 total shots - 4-13-9 (per period).....and had 36. Was PHX "lacking" even more effort? Or if the Hawks were "trying"....would they only allow 11 shots while havin 70?

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
36 shots. 30 of which came from outside the circles. Labarbera had to make maybe three difficult saves all game. The rest just hit him.

whalerhawk

Liked Posts:
BUT, BUT, BUT, HE WAS PICKED 7TH OVERALL!!!! HE SHOULD BE PUTTING UP A POINT PER GAME FROM THE FOURTH LINE!

Basically, idiocy.

Once again, point completely missed.

What he is giving us as a 4th line player is fine. My argument is that he shouldn't be a fourth line player 5 years into his professional career. He's not getting tremendous ice time, fine. But he did get a lot of ice time in Rockford these past two years and with the ice time he currently gets, he's largely ineffective, except on the forecheck. Skille's more talented than Bickell and Dowell combined and he's arguably more talented than Brouwer too, but he's not effective where it counts the most...on the scoresheet. Why have those guys passed him by over the years? Why are they getting more opportunities where he has not?

People can be pleased all they want with the fact he's a good fourth line grinder and a cheap one at that. I get that. What sickens me is that is all he is and probably all he ever will be. I'm mad because he should be better than this by now. Not sure if its poor organizational development, poor scouting or what, but Jack Skille now is essentially the same guy who skated for Wisconsin in 2005. A speed burner with a lot of hustle, but limited creativity, and hands of stone.

If you want to be happy with that, more power to you, but I am not. I'm sorry, but I'm not.

I'm not arguing that Skille's the reason we are 8-9-1, or that he's not giving us solid production in his role. But I think his upside is severely limited and I would rather see the Hawks give his ice time (and that of Pisani, Dowell and even Bickell) to higher potential upside players. I don't know how people can defend the current mix of players when the team's lost 4 of the last 5 games. I agree, for one game Q should run out there a glorified Rockford team just to see how the "entitled" players react, but because he won't do that, I'd like to see change of some sort.

People bitched when the Hawks sent Leddy down over Culli or Boynton. Why is my suggestion that they should bring up Morin, or Beach or even Pirri, any different from those who thought Leddy should still be here?

People can say we are on the same goals per game pace we were on last year and that scoring isn't the issue, but I beg to differ. Last year's team didn't have Hossa at all up until this point and we can see how the team has struggled without him, or when he's been less than 100%. Also, Sharp didn't have double digit goals on Nov 11th, 2009 either. When the big guns go cold, the other guys have to pick up the slack. Since Oct 27th when Hossa got hurt, this team is averaging 2.57 goals per game, which is down significantly from last year's 3.35.

phranchk

Liked Posts:
When Skille gets to 80+ games in his career then we can start making comparisons about where his stats should be. To do it 1 month into his rookie season is kind of crazy. Do you really think that his stats will keep this same average over the entire season? I highly doubt it.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
We should bring up the young guys so they can play 10 minutes a night, and not get any PP time, because Skille has been a great third and fourth liner, but hasn't been given an opportunity in the top six, because Q is in love with Kopecky and Brouwer? Do you realize how asinine that sounds? They are ALL better off in Rockford, playing big minutes, getting PP time, and learning the pro game.

Skille should be better than he is, playing in his first real sustained stint in the NHL, in what is basically his rookie season? But, Toews, Kane, Hossa, Sharp, Kopecky, Brouwer, all get passes for not scoring, playing with substantially better talent? Ok, gotcha.

The eye test tells me Skille is going to start scoring goals. It is only a matter of time. When he gets that first one, I have a feeling he's going to get a bunch of them. Brouwer started out on the fourth line two years ago too, and he ended up potting 20+ last year with Toews and Kane. But let's throw in the towel on Skille because "he should have been better by now". Rene Bourque ring any bells? Some guys just take longer to develop. It's as simple as that.

He's TWENTY-THREE for fuck's sake.

Shredder

Liked Posts:
Another tame effort. It's getting repetitive at this point; like watching the same game over and over again.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Only 6 shots from inside the faceoff circles? I must have watched a different game.

As far as "expecting more out of Skille" and he has more talent than Brouwer...take a look at what Troy did in the AHL - and then his first year with the Hawks he only had 10 goals. You were prob bitching about him at that point as well, then fell in love when he put up 22 the following year. Take a look at the Wings youth and how long from when they draft to when they play in the NHL. Its called depth and good youth/talent in your system - and on the NHL team. Happens to every good team. Makarov was drafted in '06 - so he's a bust? Ben Smith was drafted in the 6th rnd and made it before Beach and Lalonde....must be busts?

He's 23 fucking years old. And...this is only his 4th year as a pro. He's always been one of the younger players on Rockford, starting there as a 19 year old - and his GPG there was pretty good.

As far as GPG last year 3.35...and taking away when Hossa got hurt, then removing the game they scored 5 vs ATL - we wont count that, or only on Sunday nites...lol

How about this - game 18 last year - 53 goals. (2.94pg)..game 18 this year....51 goals (2.83 pg)

Game 18 last year was played on Day 52 of the season

Game 18 this year was played on Day 41 of the season

Keiths avg more min per game this year with less rest. Team has already had to call up Pirri, Brophy, Morin, Poultny, Smith, Cullimore, Leddy - and is still only 2 goals less than last year. (Were tied going into last nites game).

FlaHawkFan

Liked Posts:
Excuse me for preferring steak over sizzle.

That doesn't seem to be what you're saying, though. It's more like, "I hate the fact that the Hawks ordered hamburger, erroneously thinking it was steak, and I'm going to hold that against the hamburger forever."

I get that maybe Skille should be better than he is because of where he was picked, but shouldn't the anger over that be geared toward the people who selected him rather than at Skille? It's not like the guy isn't trying. He's busting his ass every game, pretty much every shift. If he's not as good as his billing, it doesn't seem to be because of his lack of effort. That's why I don't get the anger being aimed at Skille.

As I've said before, it's not like he's earning first-round money and going out there and sucking, a la Cam Barker. He took a big paycut to be able to play for the Hawks and he's doing it as a fourth-liner. If he hasn't panned out (yet -- I agree with pmcx that it's too early to give up on the guy) it's not really his fault.

Kerfuffle

Liked Posts:
When Skille gets to 80+ games in his career then we can start making comparisons about where his stats should be. To do it 1 month into his rookie season is kind of crazy. Do you really think that his stats will keep this same average over the entire season? I highly doubt it.

Well he's not exactly a rookie - maybe by league definition but this is his 4th season with the team. Yeah I know he hasn't played much but 4 years of making appearances at the NHL level is enough to start evaluating him IMO. The guy works hard I'll give him that, but I don't think he has much talent.

2007-2008 16 games played, 3 goals, 2 assists, 5pts

2008-2009 8 games played, 1 goal, 0 assists, 1pt

2009-2010 6 games played, 1 goal, 1 assist, 2pts

R K

The likes of Toews, Hossa, Sharp and Kane aren't even providing sizzle at this point.

But it's more relevant to bitch about the guy on the 4th line making 500k per year.

Yikes. Not to mention the 2nd star of the game and probably the best player on the ice in said game.

Pretty comical.

As for the steak and sizzle thing.. LOL!

R K

Well he's not exactly a rookie - maybe by league definition but this is his 4th season with the team. Yeah I know he hasn't played much but 4 years of making appearances at the NHL level is enough to start evaluating him IMO. The guy works hard I'll give him that, but I don't think he has much talent.

2007-2008 16 games played, 3 goals, 2 assists, 5pts

2008-2009 8 games played, 1 goal, 0 assists, 1pt

2009-2010 6 games played, 1 goal, 1 assist, 2pts

30 games of NHL experience says rookie. I guess Niemi wasn't a rookie last year. Hell he played in a "professional league" up to that point.

See how that works. Semantics.

Troy Brouwer scored 10 goals in 66 games his "ROOKIE YEAR" with the Hawks.

But he wasn't exactly a rookie because he had been with the organization for 2 years and 12 games prior.

I'll go one step more Brouwer scored 76 goals in two seasons with the Admirals-Hogs.

In two seasons with the Hawks he scored 32. See how that works? And I don't give a flying fuck where he was drafted. There are a SHIT LOAD of top 10 picks flipping fucking burgers. Espcially LATE top 10 picks. That is a dumb ass argument.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
That doesn't seem to be what you're saying, though. It's more like, "I hate the fact that the Hawks ordered hamburger, erroneously thinking it was steak, and I'm going to hold that against the hamburger forever."

Well said. That hamburger hasn't even been seasoned, cooked, or prepared either. Right now, it's just raw meat.... It could be the best hamburger ever, and it could put some cheaper steaks to shame.
<

Maiden

Liked Posts:
Someone posted Skille is better than Brouwer? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA STOP IT YOU'RE KILLING ME

I CAN'T DO THIS ALL WINTER

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Dustin Byfuglien...drafted in '03

05-06 - 25gms - 3g - 2a - 5pts

06-07 - 9gms - 1g - 2a - 3pts

34gms - 4g - 4a - 8pts

Filppula....drafted in '02

(Had 70pts in 73gms in the AHL after 2 pro years in Europe)

05-06 - 4gms - 0g - 1a - 1pt

06-07 - 73gms - 10g - 7a -17pts

First 77gms - 18pts....(get rid of him - no talent!!)

07-08 - 78gms - 19g - 17a - 36pts....as a 23/24 year old....

E Runs

Liked Posts:
The fact that there's all this hand ringing and teeth gnashing over a 4th liner (no matter his name, draft pos, etc.) tells you everything you need to know about the state of the team.

FlaHawkFan

Liked Posts:
The fact that there's all this hand ringing and teeth gnashing over a 4th liner (no matter his name, draft pos, etc.) tells you everything you need to know about the state of the team.

Or perhaps more about the state of the fans . . .