TGDT: 11/10 Coyotes @ Blackhawks 7:30PM CSN

R K

There was an icing near the end. Our guys out there were tired and so were the Coyotes. Instead of throwing the 2nd PP unit out there and catching their guys dead tired, Q, in his imfamous wisdom, called a time out.

At that point I throw the 2nd unit out there and try to catch them! But noooo, time out. Let's let everyone catch their breath.

Sorry to bash Q but his moves during the games are becoming more and more questionable. Keith and Boynton? Really? Cullimore and Campbell? Really?

Kopecky at Center, then he loses two they become goals against, then no more Center? Really?

Mind BOGGLING!

E Runs

Liked Posts:
I posted this in the other GDT as well.

Forward points per minute of ice time.

Sharp - 1pt for every 19:50

Kane - 1 per every 22:22

Hossa - 1 per every 23:22

Stalberg - 1 per every 26:00

Toews - 1 per every 27:35

Brouwer - 1 per every 29:35

Bickell - 1 per every 31:38

Kopecky - 1 per every 34:26

Dowell - 1 per every 42:32

Skille - 1 per every 44:35

Pisani - 1 per every 77:31

Scott - will he ever register a point? Zero for 107 minutes so far.

Read into this as you may. Toews, Kane and Hossa have to get those numbers closer to 1 point for every 20 minutes, or better. Toews has been especially disappointing. But Kane and Hossa aren't far off what we should expect long-term. Stalberg, given his production, is the one who deserves more minutes.

Pisani's numbers are somewhat skewed by the fact 15% of his on-ice time comes killing penalties. But even if you take that out, he's scoring at a God-awful 1 point for every 65 minutes on the ice.

I'd say Sharp's are skewed as well because he collected so many points in such a short time frame. But now his stick has grown colder than an Eskimo's pussy. Same with Hossa. I know it's fun to throw Scott in there but do you seriously expect points from him?

What are Keith's? He did have the 2nd highest point total last year and is part of the "core" that was expected to step up in the wake of all the changes. But there's the rub, not only are they not stepping up (yet) they aren't keep pace with their careers', and this ain't last year.

Kerfuffle

Liked Posts:

We need him to focus instead on all those fights we're having out there each and every night
<

whalerhawk

Liked Posts:
Keith has 12 points in something like 512 minutes, or 1 per every 42:40 or so. I didn't include defensemen because of the gross amount of time Keith has gotten, the fact Campbell has been out, and the fact Hammer doesn't have a point yet.

R K

Keith has 12 points in something like 512 minutes, or 1 per every 42:40 or so. I didn't include defensemen because of the gross amount of time Keith has gotten, the fact Campbell has been out, and the fact Hammer doesn't have a point yet.

How many assists does he have for the opposition?

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
I posted this in the other GDT as well.

Forward points per minute of ice time.

Sharp - 1pt for every 19:50

Kane - 1 per every 22:22

Hossa - 1 per every 23:22

Stalberg - 1 per every 26:00

Toews - 1 per every 27:35

Brouwer - 1 per every 29:35

Bickell - 1 per every 31:38

Kopecky - 1 per every 34:26

Dowell - 1 per every 42:32

Skille - 1 per every 44:35

Pisani - 1 per every 77:31

Read into this as you may. Toews, Kane and Hossa have to get those numbers closer to 1 point for every 20 minutes, or better. Toews has been especially disappointing. But Kane and Hossa aren't far off what we should expect long-term. Stalberg, given his production, is the one who deserves more minutes.

Pisani's numbers are somewhat skewed by the fact 15% of his on-ice time comes killing penalties. But even if you take that out, he's scoring at a God-awful 1 point for every 65 minutes on the ice.

I'm not sure what you're getting at here. Did you expect to see different results? This really doesn't tell you anything, considering the roles of the players in that list, and PP scoring.

Now, take a look at who is(and isn't) doing our even strength goal scoring if you really want an eye opener. Points per minute played really tells you nothing....

If you want some meaningful stats:

http://www.behindthenet.ca/stats_2011.html

Here's one for you. Kopecky and Sharp, are giving up goals at ES, at TWICE the rate that they are scoring them.

Toews, Hossa, and Seabrook are pretty much the only guys on the team scoring more at ES than they are getting scored upon. Is that any surprise, when they are currently our best defensive players? Toews leads the team in even strength goals scored per 60 minutes played, so while he's not putting up points, the team is scoring most at ES with him on the ice. Again, not a surprise, as he is hands down our best center.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
There was an icing near the end. Our guys out there were tired and so were the Coyotes. Instead of throwing the 2nd PP unit out there and catching their guys dead tired, Q, in his imfamous wisdom, called a time out.

At that point I throw the 2nd unit out there and try to catch them! But noooo, time out. Let's let everyone catch their breath.

Sorry to bash Q but his moves during the games are becoming more and more questionable. Keith and Boynton? Really? Cullimore and Campbell? Really?

Kopecky at Center, then he loses two they become goals against, then no more Center? Really?

Mind BOGGLING!

Because he wanted to put his best players out there for the last chance. If he didn't call the time out, and they still lost - he'd get "why didnt he call his timeout? You dont take it with you after the game, and Toews, Kane, etc are you best players!" He's damned either way if it didnt work, and he put the game in the hands of his best players. I dont blame him there.

The D pairings....well, Keith and Seabrook have sucked most of the year. Hjalmasson as well. Campbell played very well and last nite, they only allowed 22 shots with those pairings. Their puck possesion looked pretty good. They scored twice in 35 seconds - off of bad decisions - and that was it.

RK, there was a stat given (by the PHX announcers, because Pat and Eddie were talking about Eddie's kids and texting, which was way more important)....but the 7 times this year, the Hawks have given up 2 goals in a 1min span.

They pumped out 36 shots last nite (22 against)...1 goal. 27 shots on sun vs EDM ....1 goal. Then, the previous games...40 vs ATL, 32 vs NJ (22 against), 35 vs NYR (23 against).

Its been one or two mistakes a game, and the other team capitializes. I may be in the minority, but I don't see that as a "lack of effort" or team missing last years players, etc. As frustrating as fans are, I think the players and their character (which has been proven over their careers) - are even more frustrating. It makes goal scoring harder, trying to do too much or make the pretty play. These guys are still young - the team may be younger average age then last year. But Toews, Kane, Hjar, Bolland, etc...are all still in their early 20's. Just as they learned how to win, not theyre the hunted in a new position - defending. I think they'll get it.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
How do those points per minutes compare with other teams? That really means nothing. This team had the same amount of goals (50) going into last nites game at the same point last year - game 17. The offensive production has been the same.

thanson1990

Liked Posts:
I just dont get all of this skille hate. He's the only guy on this team who has consistently worked his ass off and created his chances. I understand he's a little snakebit right now but at this rate I feel like once he gets one, he'll get a bunch.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
I just dont get all of this skille hate. He's the only guy on this team who has consistently worked his ass off and created his chances. I understand he's a little snakebit right now but at this rate I feel like once he gets one, he'll get a bunch.

BUT, BUT, BUT, HE WAS PICKED 7TH OVERALL!!!! HE SHOULD BE PUTTING UP A POINT PER GAME FROM THE FOURTH LINE!

Basically, idiocy.

whiteevo

Liked Posts:
all these stats and numbers are nice, but it is pretty obvious to me that skille is passing the "eye" test. he takes it to the net and takes the body like few on this squad. hard to quantify, but he has to deserve more minutes. at least four times in the last two games he's lowered his shoulder and brought it in hard trying to get that garbage goal. he's gotten clobbered each time too. guess i like what i'm seeing out of him despite not finishing.

TJD

It comes down to finishing and Skille hasn't shown he can do that. I like his effort very much, but he seems to skate around with nothing to show for it. It's frustrating seeing him get the puck down low and then mishandling it or unable to come up with a decent shot. And most frustrating is his inability to clear the puck out of the defensive zone. He's not the main problem by any means but he is still part of it.

At least Jack is making a noticeable effort to get the puck to the net and making something happen through hard work.

Kaner looked like a bum last night and so did Sharp. Skille at least was around the net and setting something up. Goals will come if he keeps working hard.

thanson1990

Liked Posts:
BUT, BUT, BUT, HE WAS PICKED 7TH OVERALL!!!! HE SHOULD BE PUTTING UP A POINT PER GAME FROM THE FOURTH LINE!

Basically, idiocy.

I'm just so sick of hearing people both here and at the games I've gone to bitch about the most inconsequential shit. Skille sucks, while he busts his ass but people are too scared to criticise guys like "their boy" Pat Kane when he has a shift where he looks like he couldn't give two shits. Thee problems this team is having is the lack of concentration and desire from their so called leaders, not the guys like Skille. I'm not even the guys biggest fan personally, but i appreciate a guy that I know is gonna bust his ass every shift.

TJD

Mind BOGGLING!

lol, i just stated that two pages ago on Q and that was when we pulled Turco in the final minute. Still should have put out the 2nd PP but he took a TO and gave them breather.

R K

At least Jack is making a noticeable effort to get the puck to the net and making something happen through hard work.

Kaner looked like a bum last night and so did Sharp. Skille at least was around the net and setting something up. Goals will come if he keeps working hard.

While I'm not defending Kane he set Seabrook up twice, Seabrook missed both.

He set Toews up three time, the last being a great save by Labarbera.

Stahlberg had the puck and Kane was wide open on the side of the net, Stahlberg chose to puck hog and shoot the puck.

That's not to mention the several times Kane back checked to take the puck away.

The way Q is playing musical fucking lines every shift I don't know how ANYONE expects ANY of them to find fucking chemistry. It doesn't work that way.

R K

Because he wanted to put his best players out there for the last chance. If he didn't call the time out, and they still lost - he'd get "why didnt he call his timeout? You dont take it with you after the game, and Toews, Kane, etc are you best players!" He's damned either way if it didnt work, and he put the game in the hands of his best players. I dont blame him there.

The D pairings....well, Keith and Seabrook have sucked most of the year. Hjalmasson as well. Campbell played very well and last nite, they only allowed 22 shots with those pairings. Their puck possesion looked pretty good. They scored twice in 35 seconds - off of bad decisions - and that was it.

RK, there was a stat given (by the PHX announcers, because Pat and Eddie were talking about Eddie's kids and texting, which was way more important)....but the 7 times this year, the Hawks have given up 2 goals in a 1min span.

They pumped out 36 shots last nite (22 against)...1 goal. 27 shots on sun vs EDM ....1 goal. Then, the previous games...40 vs ATL, 32 vs NJ (22 against), 35 vs NYR (23 against).

Its been one or two mistakes a game, and the other team capitializes. I may be in the minority, but I don't see that as a "lack of effort" or team missing last years players, etc. As frustrating as fans are, I think the players and their character (which has been proven over their careers) - are even more frustrating. It makes goal scoring harder, trying to do too much or make the pretty play. These guys are still young - the team may be younger average age then last year. But Toews, Kane, Hjar, Bolland, etc...are all still in their early 20's. Just as they learned how to win, not theyre the hunted in a new position - defending. I think they'll get it.

I completely understand why he did it. I don't even come close to agreeing with it. The coyotes were GASSED. Completely.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Our defensemen seem to have lost the ability to do anything but take the biggest, slowest wind up possible when they get the puck. When they finally let that slapshot go 3 seconds later, the other team has already gotten in the way to block it.

TJD

While I'm not defending Kane he set Seabrook up twice, Seabrook missed both.

He set Toews up three time, the last being a great save by Labarbera.

Stahlberg had the puck and Kane was wide open on the side of the net, Stahlberg chose to puck hog and shoot the puck.

That's not to mention the several times Kane back checked to take the puck away.

The way Q is playing musical fucking lines every shift I don't know how ANYONE expects ANY of them to find fucking chemistry. It doesn't work that way.

It's his play away from the puck thats upsetting. I didn't see him back check much, and he doesn't seem to be getting into the play that much unless he has the pucks.

He was also pushed off the puck a shit ton last night and instead of going after the puck he looked at the ref for a call...Toews did the same a couple times.

When is enough going to be enough and these guys give an effort? People are paying good money to come and watch them play and they can't even give a good effort for the people that are the only reason they have a league to play in?

R K

It's his play away from the puck thats upsetting. I didn't see him back check much, and he doesn't seem to be getting into the play that much unless he has the pucks.

He was also pushed off the puck a shit ton last night and instead of going after the puck he looked at the ref for a call...Toews did the same a couple times.

When is enough going to be enough and these guys give an effort? People are paying good money to come and watch them play and they can't even give a good effort for the people that are the only reason they have a league to play in?

Well go watch the game again because you missed it.

as for that last comment you are kidding right? You don't thnk they gave effort last night? Really?

Wow. It's not like they were just playing some shitty team. They were playing a team that almost killed us every time we played them last year and I'm pretty sure one 2 of the 4 games against them.

No effort? Really?

I'm going to have to take a sebatical from this place.