TGDT: 11/27 Blackhawks @ Kings 9:30PM CSN

bierboy

Liked Posts:
I have a new man-crush....and his number is 32....

Someone change my avatar sig.....

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
Love those pictures!!!!
<

JOVE23

Liked Posts:
fight.jpg

The blonde in the stands:

"Liek ohemgee they're like SO TOTALLY FIGHTING and there's like BLOOD on the glass and I'm so TOTALLY gonna film it and show all my besties and they'll be all like OHMYGAAAAWD!"

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
The official's face is classic:

4b2aef730195b46a57e6f4c9410e0fa2-getty-102997303hh008_chicago_blac.jpg

ept_sports_nhl_experts-179660503-1290924439.jpg

fight.jpg

Let me re-iterate since it got stuck at the bottom of the page:

First off, Westgarth wasn't tapping out, he was giving Scott the respect he deserved after he just received an ass kicking. He could have turtled much earlier in the fight but stood in there and took it like a man. The fight was already over when he "tapped out", definitely just a sign of respect by Westgarth and he gets some points in my book for that gesture.

Westgarth is a champion.... he practiced today in a full shield. He said that tomorrow he will be wearing a normal helmet and not a full shield after getting his nose broken by Scott.

Here's the fight recap by Scott:

"I'm super tall, I guess," Scott said. "He tried to hit me a couple of times and he couldn't reach me. The height works to my advantage. I have long arms so I'm kind of like a monkey-armed baboon swinging away.

"I heard the ref saying 'stop, stop, stop' and he kept going so I just kept throwing."

Scott said the fight was one of his better ones in his three-year NHL career.

"I've had some good ones over the years," Scott said. "It was up there. That was a good fight for me."

And what did Westgarth, who was left with a bloodied face, say after the fight?

"He said, 'good fight' and I was like, 'you too.' Thanks for coming.

"He's a good fighter. He's been around the block. I just got the better of him on this day. I'm sure we'll fight again and see how it goes."

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Dear Penthouse Forums...

"I'm super tall, I guess," Scott said. "He tried to hit me a couple of times and he couldn't reach me. The height works to my advantage. I have long arms so I'm kind of like a monkey-armed baboon swinging away.

"I heard the ref saying 'stop, stop, stop' and he kept going so I just kept throwing."

Scott said the fight was one of his better ones in his three-year NHL career.

"I've had some good ones over the years," Scott said. "It was up there. That was a good fight for me."

And what did Westgarth, who was left with a bloodied face, say after the fight?

"He said, 'good fight' and I was like, 'you too.' Thanks for coming.

"He's a good fighter. He's been around the block. I just got the better of him on this day. I'm sure we'll fight again and see how it goes."

Love,

STU

Ton

Liked Posts:
Let me re-iterate since it got stuck at the bottom of the page:

Westgarth is a champion.... he practiced today in a full shield. He said that tomorrow he will be wearing a normal helmet and not a full shield after getting his nose broken by Scott.

Here's the fight recap by Scott:

Is that a real quote? LOL!

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The blonde in the stands:

"Liek ohemgee they're like SO TOTALLY FIGHTING and there's like BLOOD on the glass and I'm so TOTALLY gonna film it and show all my besties and they'll be all like OHMYGAAAAWD!"

LMAO
<

bierboy

Liked Posts:
Here's the LA feed of the fight video....one thing I noticed -- Scott just PUMMELED Westgarth with about four or five good shots right at the beginning of the fight (probably when he broke his nose).

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHV_RnNREZY[/media]

R K

Thats priceless. I think one of the first shots busted his nose. CSN did a slow mo of the last punch to the face. Just awesome!

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thats priceless. I think one of the first shots busted his nose. CSN did a slow mo of the last punch to the face. Just awesome!

Heard some guys on the radio and on the fly say that that had to be one of the best overall fights in the NHL in a long while. Not only was there no MMA bullshit, there was no turtling either... just two enforcers (well technically only one was throwing em) throwing em like the old days, neither wanted to quit. But the best part is the honoring of the code that happened at the end... Scott could have ended Westgarth, but Westgarth patted him and said "good fight but im done" and Scott held up... they tapped eachother and skated to their respective areas.

Two guys doing what they are meant to do and honoring the code, awesome.

RK if you talk to anyone (not that you know anyone!) you should ask them if that fired them up... it sure as hell better have.

This fight almost turned out like Probert (Wings) vs McGill.... the only difference Scott stoppeed the annihilation.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That has my vote for the beatdown of the year.