TGDT: 12/13 Blackhawks @ Avalanche 8:00PM CSN

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Goal #5 wasn't Seabrook. He wasn't even on the ice. You know the one that tied the game and gave the Avs instant momentum.

What game were you watching? Yes, Seabrook WAS on the ice for that goal. Go watch the highlights on NHL.com. You kept saying "What was Hjalmarsson doing?" in chat after that goal, and I corrected you twice that it was Seabrook, not Hjalmarsson. He was the defenseman that just kept backing up until he was almost on top of Crawford.... Then he was the one that turned the puck over on the sixth goal behind the net...

E Runs

Liked Posts:
Goal #5 wasn't Seabrook. He wasn't even on the ice. You know the one that tied the game and gave the Avs instant momentum.

Yes, though he may have been out of view because he backed off so much, he was.

BigPete

Liked Posts:
I'm sorry, but as soon as you take the ice, you know if there are wet spots you need to watch out for. There's no excuse for a professional hockey player to cough up the puck there. Puddle on the ice or not, keep your fucking stick on it and that doesn't happen. He didn't take care of the puck. It was a brain fart, regardless of what you think. The ice also had nothing to do with goals five and six.

I'll give you brain fart. But it wasn't a wet spot or even a puddle, it was a fucking lake the length of the whole bench!

Like Ron said, several announcers, coaches, and players conceded that Seabrook lost the puck because of the water. I don't understand how some of you fans can't accept that. Especially a guy like you who plays the game every week. Tell me you haven't had that happen in some of the shittily maintained rinks in the burbs. Shit, you should come down to St Louis and see how often that happens here. There are two straight weeks every spring and every fall when the ice surfaces fail to set up properly because the temps are constantly going way up and way down outside.

If anyone is to blame there it was Turco for failing to beat a guy in a 'shootout' where he had a good 50 feet to square up to the player. You never want to let up a shot on D, but they happen about 30 times a game and your last line of defense is always your goalie. Turco failed on that one, something that happened at the blueline was not the reason the puck went into the back of the net.

BigPete

Liked Posts:
I'm sorry, but as soon as you take the ice, you know if there are wet spots you need to watch out for. There's no excuse for a professional hockey player to cough up the puck there. Puddle on the ice or not, keep your fucking stick on it and that doesn't happen. He didn't take care of the puck. It was a brain fart, regardless of what you think. The ice also had nothing to do with goals five and six.

I'll give you brain fart. But it wasn't a wet spot or even a puddle, it was a fucking lake the length of the whole bench!

Like Ron said, several announcers, coaches, and players conceded that Seabrook lost the puck because of the water. I don't understand how some of you fans can't accept that. Especially a guy like you who plays the game every week. Tell me you haven't had that happen in some of the shittily maintained rinks in the burbs. Shit, you should come down to St Louis and see how often that happens here. There are two straight weeks every spring and every fall when the ice surfaces fail to set up properly because the temps are constantly going way up and way down outside.

If anyone is to blame there it was Turco for failing to beat a guy in a 'shootout' where he had a good 50 feet to square up to the player. You never want to let up a shot on D, but they happen about 30 times a game and your last line of defense is always your goalie. Turco failed on that one, something that happened at the blueline was not the reason the puck went into the back of the net.

E Runs

Liked Posts:

Actually no seeing as Turco made the save only to have Sharp be standing there with his thumb in his ass instead of tying up Duchene's stick.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Of course it doesn't happen if the puddle isn't there, and that's pretty inexcusable for a professional hockey rink. But, still, as a guy that gets paid to play hockey, that shouldn't happen. He's been playing hockey his entire life, and I'm sure he's played on ice that hasn't properly set before. If you're skating the puck through that area of the ice, and it's OBVIOUS to the players what area of the ice hasn't set, you keep your stick on it. He just had a brain fart, it happens. But to blame the ice for that when he's a professional? I guess I just expect more. He was too loose with the puck, and that's what happens. Have to keep your stick on the puck, even when the ice ISN'T bad. I bet it never happens to him again though...
<

Kerfuffle

Liked Posts:
Of course it doesn't happen if the puddle isn't there, and that's pretty inexcusable for a professional hockey rink. But, still, as a guy that gets paid to play hockey, that shouldn't happen. He's been playing hockey his entire life, and I'm sure he's played on ice that hasn't properly set before. If you're skating the puck through that area of the ice, and it's OBVIOUS to the players what area of the ice hasn't set, you keep your stick on it. He just had a brain fart, it happens. But to blame the ice for that when he's a professional? I guess I just expect more. He was too loose with the puck, and that's what happens. Have to keep your stick on the puck, even when the ice ISN'T bad. I bet it never happens to him again though...
<

Well said! Glad I'm not the only one here who holds players accountable. I almost croaked when I read that Seabrook had no fault in some of the above posts. When we start blaming the ice and being tired vs. poor performance it's a sad day.

BigPete

Liked Posts:
More like its a sad day when people are so hypercritical of a guy's performance while playing a GAME.

I hate to sound like RK, but one has to wonder how you would feel if you had ~50,000 people critiquing your every move. It's one thing to note that a guy's overall performance in a game was subpar (I certainly agreed that Seabs and Keith didn't play well) but it's an entirely different thing to hang a guy by his skate laces for turning over a puck that got caught in a puddle.

But I assume FLUFFY that you are the most awesomest insurance company policy writer and your bosses watch over and note your every flick of the pen.............

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
More like its a sad day when people are so hypercritical of a guy's performance while playing a GAME.

I hate to sound like RK, but one has to wonder how you would feel if you had ~50,000 people critiquing your every move. It's one thing to note that a guy's overall performance in a game was subpar (I certainly agreed that Seabs and Keith didn't play well) but it's an entirely different thing to hang a guy by his skate laces for turning over a puck that got caught in a puddle.

But I assume FLUFFY that you are the most awesomest insurance company policy writer and your bosses watch over and note your every flick of the pen.............

I could give a rat's dick about Seabrook's feelings.

He played like shit and deserves to be ripped for it.

It's a game, but it's also his job, and he was bad at it that game.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
Thanks again for breaking your own rule books NHL Officials. First you pass sticks back to goalies now you call double minors after the whistle and not calling the initial penalty.

Crock of shit. Yes it was a penalty..when it is properly called. Fuckers.

R K

What game were you watching? Yes, Seabrook WAS on the ice for that goal. Go watch the highlights on NHL.com. You kept saying "What was Hjalmarsson doing?" in chat after that goal, and I corrected you twice that it was Seabrook, not Hjalmarsson. He was the defenseman that just kept backing up until he was almost on top of Crawford.... Then he was the one that turned the puck over on the sixth goal behind the net...

Tying goal was #4. I meant to type #4.

R K

I could give a rat's dick about Seabrook's feelings.

He played like shit and deserves to be ripped for it.

It's a game, but it's also his job, and he was bad at it that game.

yea we rip you all the time for your posting and none of us give a rats dick about your feelings so I agree.

He had a bad game, but was not the only one and not the only cause in why they lost.

75% of the team could be just as much at fault.

R K

Thanks again for breaking your own rule books NHL Officials. First you pass sticks back to goalies now you call double minors after the whistle and not calling the initial penalty.

Crock of shit. Yes it was a penalty..when it is properly called. Fuckers.

2 minutes for elbowing sure. double minor for high sticking, bullshit.

Just like Stahberg is slammed into the boards from behind, two minutes. The Crew today always sucks.

Edit after watching the replay there was not even an elbow. Roughing could have been the only call since it was Hendry's glove. And roughing is not roughing when it's incidental.

R K

Well said! Glad I'm not the only one here who holds players accountable. I almost croaked when I read that Seabrook had no fault in some of the above posts. When we start blaming the ice and being tired vs. poor performance it's a sad day.

Not one person said Seabrook had no fault.

Trolling. Warning #1.

Ton

Liked Posts:
Not sure how you call elbowing in that case either...

What is Hendry suppose to do? Hes digging for the puck, and the Av runs into his elbow face first. Its not like Hendry went to check someone and was leading with the elbow. That play was entirely the Avs fault, you don't skate into the corner leading with your face when a guy is digging for the puck!

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not sure how you call elbowing in that case either...

What is Hendry suppose to do? Hes digging for the puck, and the Av runs into his elbow face first. Its not like Hendry went to check someone and was leading with the elbow. That play was entirely the Avs fault, you don't skate into the corner leading with your face when a guy is digging for the puck!

This is exactly how I saw the play go down as well! Fn BS officiating! Time for the team to suck it up. Lets beat the Scum tomorrow!