TGDT: 12/13 Blackhawks @ Avalanche 8:00PM CSN

R K

RK maybe you should drop some wisdom on Toews and remind him of what he said in his rookie year before he had the C "We don't hate to lose enough"

I'm not saying a thing to them. They know what they need to do to win. Least most of them. Toews looked pretty frustrated in his interview last night.

They win as a team and lose as a team. For anyone to blame one single player for the loss, they are a dumb fuck.

R K

And that's what has me so frustrated right now...it seems that only part of the team on any given night hates to lose enough. It's like we're not even a team, just a collection of individuals.

Not sure about that really. I most definitely wouldn't have wanted to be on that flight on the way home last night. Yikes! And as a TEAM they deserve to feel like shit.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
The observations to take is seeing how much the forechecking is allowing the D to breathe. How much time is spent in the offensive zone creating scoring chances? How well does the PP keep the puck in the O zone? The absence of Kane/Hossa is going to play on the D units. If players like Skille, Stalberg, and Kopecky have issues cycling the puck to create chances (especially on the top lines), the team is going to constantly have to be on their heels in the neutral/defensive zones. It leads to more chances/SOG for the opposition. Not all of this rests on 2,7, and the rest of the D crew night in/out.

Yes, Seabs ate it at the wrong times last night. Go back and watch the PP, and time the Avs controlled the puck on the kill.

R K

Paul you bring up a great point. The Possession guys out are killing this team too. If guys like Hossa, Kane, Toews, Sharp, ect ect control the puck late in the game it doesn't give the opposition time to have chances like they did last night. Instead we have no possession, the opposing team has the puck, and get quality chances with break downs.

Hossa and Kane out hurt far more than just on the score board. Those two CONTROL the PUCK.

canucklehead

Liked Posts:
+1 to both of these posts, LOL!

Turco didn't give up 2 goals in the final 3 minutes of the game to lose the lead and the game. Not that his defense helped him, but I'm "just saying".

3 goals on 5 shots in the second period...

Turco looked like crap all game long.

E Runs

Liked Posts:
What happened last night had ZERO to do with missing players, moreso because the Avs were without 2 of their big guns as well. The game was lost on basic defensive principles:

-the team wasn't interested in backchecking

-the team didn't bother to tie up sticks

-the team gave Tomas Fleischmann a country mile to shoot the puck

-the team lost a board battle to Tomas Fleischmann

Hossa and Kane weren't playing in San Jose and yet the team played a great game.

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well, maybe I'm delusional. I think Seabs has been terrific this season, even better than last season. Maybe it's my lovely new metallic pink glasses.

Offensively, he's actually been better than last year.

But our defensive woes of late are have cancelled this out.

Campbell has been solid this season, and that's about it for the D-corp, but an argument could be made that Cullimore has been pretty decent, but obviously with less minutes.

Kerfuffle

Liked Posts:
I'm not saying a thing to them. They know what they need to do to win. Least most of them. Toews looked pretty frustrated in his interview last night.

They win as a team and lose as a team. For anyone to blame one single player for the loss, they are a dumb fuck.

Seabrook was a minus 4 last night and single handedly gave Colorado one goal with his ill-timed turnover when he suddenly lost sight of the puck on his stick. You can't blame the team for that - that was solely on him. And when we needed him the final 2 minutes of the game with D he lets in 2 more. Sorry - this was a stinkeroo by him. The rest of the D was bad too but clearly Seabrook was the weak link in the chain last night out there.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
What happened last night had ZERO to do with missing players. Moreso because the Avs were without 2 of their big guns as well.

You can make that argument too. I'm not saying you're wrong.

You can also make comparisons to the Blues game in which the Hawks needed 7 to win, or the Oil game, or the Flames game in which they both let in 7.

It's getting to the point in which Wednesday's game will probably be 2-1, then they'll score 8 against the Wings, and we'll all look stupid for a couple of days until they shit the bed again.

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Paul you bring up a great point. The Possession guys out are killing this team too. If guys like Hossa, Kane, Toews, Sharp, ect ect control the puck late in the game it doesn't give the opposition time to have chances like they did last night. Instead we have no possession, the opposing team has the puck, and get quality chances with break downs.

Hossa and Kane out hurt far more than just on the score board. Those two CONTROL the PUCK.

Agreed. And Kane has been very effective on the back check last year and most of this season.

It's a team game, and there's plenty of suck to go around.

Kerfuffle

Liked Posts:
At this point I think we really just have to look to get the 8th seed this year. That will still require us to be about 12 games over the .500 mark. So we have a ways to go to get there still.

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
At this point I think we really just have to look to get the 8th seed this year. That will still require us to be about 12 games over the .500 mark. So we have a ways to go to get there still.

I haven't really paid much attention to the standings yet, as it's still pretty early.

I would agree that there is cause for at least some concern regarding making the playoffs.

By the end of January, with all the home games that the Hawks have in the next couple of months, we should be able to get a clearer picture on where the Hawks will be in April.

supraman

Liked Posts:

I dont think we will limp into the playoffs. We still have 4 months of hockey to play. The hawks are simply too talented to spend all season not getting it together. They will get it together and sure Detroit might win the division but we'll be 4-6 spot. Hell Detroit could hit a nice slump and we capitalize and win the division still.

R K

Seabrook was a minus 4 last night and single handedly gave Colorado one goal with his ill-timed turnover when he suddenly lost sight of the puck on his stick. You can't blame the team for that - that was solely on him. And when we needed him the final 2 minutes of the game with D he lets in 2 more. Sorry - this was a stinkeroo by him. The rest of the D was bad too but clearly Seabrook was the weak link in the chain last night out there.

You are clueless.

Keith -4

Brouwer 3 points and still -2

Toews 2 points -2

Sharp -2.

Again anyone blaming one player for the L is a dumb fuck. D U M B FU C K

R K

Agreed. And Kane has been very effective on the back check last year and most of this season.

It's a team game, and there's plenty of suck to go around.

Yup. We finally agree on something. Holy Shit.

from 1st to 12th is an 8pt differential. Anyone talking about the playoffs yet is an idiot too. Especially with as CLOSE as the teams are.

Kerfuffle

Liked Posts:
I haven't really paid much attention to the standings yet, as it's still pretty early.

I would agree that there is cause for at least some concern regarding making the playoffs.

By the end of January, with all the home games that the Hawks have in the next couple of months, we should be able to get a clearer picture on where the Hawks will be in April.

good points all around

R K

3 goals on 5 shots in the second period...

Turco looked like crap all game long.

Yea but when your team allows those type of "quality shots" you really can't blame the goalie. IF thats the case man Crawford sucked in those last two minutes.

Like I said at some point the FORWARDS need to have puck possession. Last night we really didn't have it.

Kerfuffle

Liked Posts:
I dont think we will limp into the playoffs. We still have 4 months of hockey to play. The hawks are simply too talented to spend all season not getting it together. They will get it together and sure Detroit might win the division but we'll be 4-6 spot. Hell Detroit could hit a nice slump and we capitalize and win the division still.

I hope you're right. Just been a frustrating season so far. Just when I think we're getting out of our rut we have a stinkeroo game like Monday night and we take a few steps back.

Ton

Liked Posts:
Well, maybe I'm delusional. I think Seabs has been terrific this season, even better than last season. Maybe it's my lovely new metallic pink glasses.

Again, I agree. He's a leader back there, its no wonder Duncan started playing better when he was paired back with Seabs.

Both are going to have bad games every now and then, its amazing how fickle the fan base is when it comes down to it. Now all of the sudden Seabrook has sucked all year? K...

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yup. We finally agree on something. Holy Shit.

from 1st to 12th is an 8pt differential. Anyone talking about the playoffs yet is an idiot too. Especially with as CLOSE as the teams are.

Agreed. That's why I haven't really looked at the conference standings. There is too much of a logjam right now, and other than Scum, no team is pulling away from the pack.

I have a modicum of playoff angst, but it's nothing that a Bombay Saphire martini or two won't cure.