TGDT: 12/13 Blackhawks @ Avalanche 8:00PM CSN

PYsebaert

Liked Posts:
Stanley Cup champs or not, this was the worse effort from the D I have seen since the Karpotsev days. Not only did the D played bad, our forwards backchecking was a joke. How many goals last night came from Avs passing the puck from behind our net into the slot, 5-6?

Oh man, Im a almost glad that we didnt endup with any points...

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
After reading this thread, I'm glad I missed the game.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Anytime Keith wants to start playing the body and not the puck, is fine by me. Whether it's along the boards or on a rush...he is relying on his stick only and is getting toasted.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
After reading this thread, I'm glad I missed the game.

You missed Koci wussing out and not having his ties down because he know he was going to have to go with Scott. Scott pounded him then stopped when the jersey came over the head... did Koci not get penalized for that? That little girl better have em tied down tomorrow becaue I expect a Round 2.

R K

You missed Koci wussing out and not having his ties down because he know he was going to have to go with Scott. Scott pounded him then stopped when the jersey came over the head... did Koci not get penalized for that? That little girl better have em tied down tomorrow becaue I expect a Round 2.

Koci fought him you dim wit.

E Runs

Liked Posts:
Anytime Keith wants to start playing the body and not the puck, is fine by me. Whether it's along the boards or on a rush...he is relying on his stick only and is getting toasted.

He's pretty much played that way his entire career; positioning and active sticks, that's Keith's game.

FlaHawkFan

Liked Posts:
without a doubt, but it was not only him.

Exactly. Keith was awful, Seabs was awful, and Hammer and Soupy weren't very good either. Only the bottom two looked anywhere close to respectable, IMO.

I don't get the total dumping on Seabrook. Yes, he had a horrible game. But to say that one game is costing him contract-wise, when he's been pretty dambed solid the rest of the season, is just silliness.

Ton

Liked Posts:
Agreed Fla... I actually think Seabrook has been one of our best defenseman/most consistent all year long. One bad game here and there isn't going to hurt his worth.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If there was any time a "You can't win on talent alone" speech, after this game would be the time for it.

As has been pointed out, the problem is not with the supporting cast, amazingly enough; it's with the main guys. Een though Toews looked good he looke like he was trying to carry Stalberg and Skille.

I'm just at a loss at how schizo this team can be.

And yeah, this wasn't "Turco being Turco" I think he had a good game in spite of being hung out to dry and did make some good saves. But it does look like the team just plays better in front of Crawford.

Right now, our goaltending is the least of our worries. We have to start taking the body, (re)learning how to pass, and for fucks' sake STOP TRYING TO BE SO DAMED CUTE WITH THE PUCK AND GETTING BACK TO HOCKEY 101!

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Exactly. Keith was awful, Seabs was awful, and Hammer and Soupy weren't very good either. Only the bottom two looked anywhere close to respectable, IMO.

I don't get the total dumping on Seabrook. Yes, he had a horrible game. But to say that one game is costing him contract-wise, when he's been pretty dambed solid the rest of the season, is just silliness.

Stating that Seabrook has been solid this season is sillier.

Kerfuffle

Liked Posts:
Seabrook cost us that game last night - plain and simple. Turco was so-so but I don't fault him for this loss. Crawford was amazing - those last 2 goals were not his fault. I'm fricking livid at Seabrook right now.

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Did you miss the rest of the sentence?

Obviously he didn't wuss out because he fought him I'm just being sarcastic and missed the purple!

It was an entertaining fight, but unnecessary.

EVERYONE knew those two were going to fight.

It mattered not even slightly to the outcome of the game.

And considering that Scott has been pretty solid as of late, it's a shitty tradeoff for a worthless piece of garbage like David Koci.

R K

Really?

Hes by far been the most consistent D man on this team. I would say Campbell would challenge him but he doesn't hit like Seabrook.

I am going to have to put you on ignore now.

R K

Seabrook cost us that game last night - plain and simple. Turco was so-so but I don't fault him for this loss. Crawford was amazing - those last 2 goals were not his fault. I'm fricking livid at Seabrook right now.

LOL! No one, including Seabrook gives a flying fuck how you feel.

He was bad but he did not cost the game.

They play as a TEAM and fucking lose as a TEAM.

FlaHawkFan

Liked Posts:

Well, maybe I'm delusional. I think Seabs has been terrific this season, even better than last season. Maybe it's my lovely new metallic pink glasses.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LOL! No one, including Seabrook gives a flying fuck how you feel.

He was bad but he did not cost the game.

They play as a TEAM and fucking lose as a TEAM.

And that's what has me so frustrated right now...it seems that only part of the team on any given night hates to lose enough. It's like we're not even a team, just a collection of individuals.

supraman

Liked Posts:
RK maybe you should drop some wisdom on Toews and remind him of what he said in his rookie year before he had the C "We don't hate to lose enough"