TGDT: 2/1 Blackhawks @ Blue Jackets 6:00PM CSN

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Was interference. And the cross check once he was on the ice was a penalty. Other than that, sure great hit.

That wasnt a penalty. Both players hit each other and were battling for that position.

Seabrook got absolutely rocked.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Was interference. And the cross check once he was on the ice was a penalty. Other than that, sure great hit.

Yeah they could have called the cross check.

No interference as both players initiated contact. Just sucked for seabs as Umberger was able to get lower and take that advantage.

R K

That wasnt a penalty. Both players hit each other and were battling for that position.

Seabrook got absolutely rocked.

Go rewatch the cross check after Seabrook is already down on the ice. Was a clear penalty.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
RK is right. Not only was it a cross-check, but it looked like RJ Umberger got his elbow up on the inital hit.

I'm still wondering why Campbell didn't take care of Umberger after that, though. He's proven he can lay out Umberger if needed.
<

Clean hit on Kane, Good for Brouwer and Tazer stepping up--Fight I think was a draw.

Props to Stalberg...after the 2-goal clusterfuck, it looked like he was the only one willing to get dirty, and good job for the guys answering for that lame call on him, but not Boll, who looked like he wanted to DDT Stalberg.

All in all an excellent win...now let's keep it going!!!

R K

I must say teh Columbus announcers are a pair of dumb fucks. Brouwer is a fighter? He can hang with the best of them? Another Jacket should step in here?

Dumb mother fuckers. Then again anyone who says "Smoke a rooonirooo" is a dumb fuck.

thanson1990

Liked Posts:
Toews with a good game. The turn overs have to stop. Crawford > Turco.

I agree with that, but are you saying that Turco played bad last night? I know he gave up 4 goals, but he was hung out to dry far too often by the defense, especially Boynton.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Great time at the game last night, 'cept for the BJs first goal. Good to see Toews, Kane, Hossa, Seabs and Keith producing points. Stalberg had a very good game, ditto for Leddy.

There were almost as many Hawks fans as BJs fans at the game due to inclement weather. Probably more than 60% of sold tickets went unused but there were no waits in line for the johns, concessions, etc.
<

Driving home (Toledo, OH till August, then back to Olympia, WA) from Columbus - approx 140 miles (225 kilometres for TCD)- went through an ice-storm with down, and very low hanging, tree branches everywhere and then later a white-out blizzard with wind gusts and driving snow that blew 18 wheelers, and a big truck pulling an RV off the highway (one 18 wheeler was jackknifed blocking both lanes of I-75 South, glad I was going North). Averaged about 40 MPH in my Dodge Dakota truck w/4WD and was happy as shit to be home at 2:00 AM EST. LOL

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
I agree with that, but are you saying that Turco played bad last night? I know he gave up 4 goals, but he was hung out to dry far too often by the defense, especially Boynton.

He was hung out to dry by Keith too, by getting burned by Dorsett and Sharp (-3) deflecting the puck past Turco? Or Brassard's goal when Nash undressed the Hawks D (Keith and Seabrook on ice) to a wide open Brassard?

Bolland (54% on draws) had a great game...he and Pisani both I thought played real well.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
And Seabrook couldve been called for the crosscheck on Umberger just before that hit, right in front of the net - it was just as "viscious" (which neither were).

He destroyed Brent on that hit. It wasnt a penalty. Brent leaned into him as much as RJ did.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmBuU3CkCUs[/media]

thanson1990

Liked Posts:
He was hung out to dry by Keith too, by getting burned by Dorsett and Sharp (-3) deflecting the puck past Turco? Or Brassard's goal when Nash undressed the Hawks D (Keith and Seabrook on ice) to a wide open Brassard?

Bolland (54% on draws) had a great game...he and Pisani both I thought played real well.

Yeah, I was just using Boynton and his face as an example. The turnover on Brassard's goal was terrible too, Seabs got caught out of position and there was basically a 3-on-1 down low.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Did anyone else laugh when you saw that player's name "Grant Clitsome" on the BJ's?

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
And Seabrook couldve been called for the crosscheck on Umberger just before that hit, right in front of the net - it was just as "viscious" (which neither were).

He destroyed Brent on that hit. It wasnt a penalty. Brent leaned into him as much as RJ did.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmBuU3CkCUs[/media]

I've never seen a man of Seabrook's size get blown up like that... wow. I was watching the Rangers/Penguins game when this happened and this is the first time I've seen it.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He was hung out to dry by Keith too, by getting burned by Dorsett and Sharp (-3) deflecting the puck past Turco?

Turco still should have been hugging the post. Goal doesn't go in if he is.

R K

I've never seen a man of Seabrook's size get blown up like that... wow. I was watching the Rangers/Penguins game when this happened and this is the first time I've seen it.

Are you fucking kidding me?

I still think it was a cross check.

I also though Hjarmarrsons play just after was very similar and hey, he was called for a penalty. Oh well Hawks won.

Nash is a great player so it's not suprising when he jocks anyone. Seabrook usually holds him in check pretty good.

Keith was horrible on the first goal. Not Turco.

Boynton was horrible and Sharp -3 agree did not have his best game.

Bolland is on fucking Fire.

Might have been JT's best game of the year if not one of them.

R K

Another intersting fact the Hawks PK is slowly getting better. They have gone from 27th to 24th in the past 5 games, including killing a huge 5 on 3 last night.

The PP still remains the #1 in the league including scoring a rare 5 on 3 goal last night.

Brian Campbell ---- 2nd in the league +/-

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
On Keiths Gaff? DIdn't it go UP OVER Turco?

If were talking about the fist goal, it also was tipped off Sharp's stick in an upward trajectory, but I don't think went OVER Turco, it went passed his left side, which if he would've been hugging the post, which he should do on a wrap around, he would've stopped it.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Another intersting fact the Hawks PK is slowly getting better. They have gone from 27th to 24th in the past 5 games, including killing a huge 5 on 3 last night.

The two shorties and Bolland's goal, right after killing the 5 on 3 were nice, too.