TGDT 2/27 Blackhawks (35-11-14) @ Rangers (35-24-3) 6:00PM NHLN

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
<p style="text-align:center;"><span style="font-size:18px;">2013-14 REGULAR SEASON</span>

<span style="font-size:24px;">GAME 61</span>

large.png
<span style="font-size:18px;"> vs</span>.
large.png

<span style="font-size:24px;">35-11-14 ----- 35-24-3</span></p><p style="text-align:center;">
</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
Wow the Rangers have the same amount of ROW as the Hawks.

I think the Hawks come out flying.

5-1

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Boot fucking time.</p>

</p>

</p>

Just win</p>

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Will be catching this at BWW since my buddy and I will be celebrating his 35th b-day that night (he's a converted 'hawks fan).</p>

</p>

I hope they win, and put the dissapointing olympic hockey outcome (for some of us) out of our minds.</p>

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hawks will lose as they will have too much baby-batter and beer on the brain. </p>

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Like to see the Hawks make an effort to pick up Callahan (who the Rangers seem to be shopping).  We could send them Bickell, Oduya and Morin and/or Pirri.  Top two lines would be awesome. Like to see Kruger and Smith moved up to the third line, too.</p>

</p>

Sharp/Toews/Hossa</p>

Saad/Callahan/Kane</p>

Shaw/Kruger/Smith (Versteeg)</p>

Bollig/Handzus(Regin)/Versteeg (Smith)</p>

</p>

</p>

anyway,</p>

</p>

GO HAWKS!</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Mikita's Helmet" data-cid="222190" data-time="1393280221">

Like to see the Hawks make an effort to pick up Callahan (who the Rangers seem to be shopping).  We could send them Bickell, Oduya and Morin and/or Pirri.  Top two lines would be awesome. Like to see Kruger and Smith moved up to the third line, too.

Sharp/Toews/Hossa
Saad/Callahan/Kane
Shaw/Kruger/Smith (Versteeg)
Bollig/Handzus(Regin)/Versteeg (Smith)

anyway,

GO HAWKS!</p></blockquote>
Callahan definitely would make this team instant favorites (if they aren't already) to win the Cup again. 2nd line C who hits and is incredible defensively.

Perfect time to trade some of the depth to get a great player. Would it work with the current cap situation?

McKenzie is saying the Rangers and Bolts are talking Captain swap as well.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Grimsäläinen" data-cid="222192" data-time="1393282271">
<div>

Callahan definitely would make this team instant favorites (if they aren't already) to win the Cup again. 2nd line C who hits and is incredible defensively.

Perfect time to trade some of the depth to get a great player. Would it work with the current cap situation?

McKenzie is saying the Rangers and Bolts are talking Captain swap as well.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

I heard TB nixed a St. Louis/Callahan trade.</p>

</p>

Rangers get no Traction on ...Swap</p>

http://nypost.com/2014/02/23/no-traction-on-st-louis-rangers-plan-to-deal-callahan-sources/</p>

</p>

If Bickell, Oduya and Pirri or Morin left, it'd free up over $7,000,000 (I think).</p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
Isn't Callahan up for a contract this offseason though? And who would replace Oduya?

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Variable" data-cid="222194" data-time="1393282894">
<div>

Isn't Callahan up for a contract this offseason though?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

That's why the Rangers are shopping him.  The Cap's going up next year. I'm sure Stan could make it work.</p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
Ehhh I dont think it'd be going up enough to keep him beyond this year with Crawfords cap hit kicking in and then Toews, Kane, Saad and Leddy up in the next few years.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Variable" data-cid="222194" data-time="1393282894">
<div>

And who would replace Oduya?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Leddy's got the skating ability, is +13, and is gonna be on the second D unit, sooner or later.  </p>

</p>

Clendening or Dahlbeck can be brought up from Rockford as part of the third pairing.</p>

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
1) Why would you break up the 4th line?  It's worked.  Keep Bollig/Kruger/Smith together.  Shaw/Zeus/Versteeg is quite unfair to Shaw-that would saddle him with a ballast bigger than Yahoo Serious' acting career, but that might be the sacrifice needed to make that work.</p>

</p>

2) Leddy and Hammer have been a fucking disaster when paired together--Leddy needs a righty to work. </p>

</p>

I have no problems losing Oduya, but with the exit of Kostka, Rosie, Brookbank, or a prospect would need to fill in Slot-4, and that may be a tall order.</p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't mind losing Oduya next season, but not now. And not in a deal like that. What's it for? Callahan doesn't play center. And besides that, what would you be paying him in order to keep him beyond the rest of this season and playoffs to prevent him from being a rental? Probably a cap hit over 5 million.  Think he actually wants something closer to 6 or more. Do the Hawks really need another contract like that on the books with Saad, Leddy, Toews and Kane up in a few years and with Crawford's cap hit kicking in next season? </p>

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Canadian Dreamalchuk" data-cid="222189" data-time="1393277843">
<div>

if lundqvist plays hawks win. too mant frozen tears blinding henrik.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

His eyes are still swollen shut from all the crying.</p>

</p>

Talbot is starting... WHO?</p>

</p>

The guy who is 10-5-0 with a .935 SV% and 1.79 GAA.</p>

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Hawks won't bother with Callahan. We essentially have a more skilled version in Saad for less the cost.

I really don't see the Hawks making any moves at the trade deadline unless it's for an honest 2nd line center, which even still we don't have much cap space to afford.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Trev" data-cid="222258" data-time="1393448656">
<div>

Hawks won't bother with Callahan. We essentially have a more skilled version in Saad for less the cost.

I really don't see the Hawks making any moves at the trade deadline unless it's for an honest 2nd line center, which even still we don't have much cap space to afford.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Saad is more skilled than Callahan?  In what regards?</p>

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Grimsäläinen" data-cid="222259" data-time="1393448876">
<div>

Saad is more skilled than Callahan?  In what regards?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I hate to agree with Stu on this, but shit... -.- 

At least Callahan can score. </p>