TGDT 2/27 Blackhawks (35-11-14) @ Rangers (35-24-3) 6:00PM NHLN

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Tony DeFrancesco" data-cid="222373" data-time="1393591824">
<div>

I'm talking about producing goaltenders, guys that have come up through the organization and succeeded here or elsewhere.</p>

</p>

In the last 25 years... Belfour, Hasek are obvious. Then you have recent guys like Anderson, Niemi, Crawford... even Leighton took his team to a Cup final.</p>

</p>

I never said Chicago was a goalie factory either, but they clearly produce more goaltenders than the Rangers. Most teams do. Probably every team in the league has had more than two goaltenders they could say actually did something in the NHL.</p>

</p>

Two in 25 years... hahahahaha</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Hasek?  Really?  The Hawks developed him?</p>

</p>

He wasn't even good in the minors or for the Hawks or really until 93-94' with the Sabres.</p>

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Are these goalie arguments because the Hawks plays like hot garbage?</p>

</p>

I mean, you are talking 25 years, Sir Henry has been there, what 7? Vannie, for 6, Richter for what, 10 or 11? Not exactly a lot of years left in that 25. So i would say the Rangers have done a good job with goalies...</p>

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I woudn't say they played like hot garbage; just very laconic--especially from guys like Hossa, Kane, and possibly Rosie, Hammer, Kruger, and Oduya who maybe, just maybe, could have came out of the Olympics with something to prove.</p>

</p>

We looked very flat, discombobulated, and almost disinterested this game.</p>

</p>

I try to keep telling myself they were just looking forward to the 1st.</p>

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I expected them to play disjointed.</p>

</p>

Candidly, I was watching more of the FLA Caps game than Hawks, so "hot garbage" may be harsh. Very lackluster.</p>

Ton

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Grimsäläinen" data-cid="222381" data-time="1393600330">
<div>

Hasek?  Really?  The Hawks developed him?</p>

</p>

He wasn't even good in the minors or for the Hawks or really until 93-94' with the Sabres.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

The Hawks drafted him, gave him a chance. Would he ever have made it to the NHL without Chicago? We'll never know.</p>

</p>

Richter, Vanbiesbrouck, and Lundqvist. That's what the Rangers have given to the NHL in 25 years. That's not a goalie factory, that's just enough to maintain themselves, as DMA pointed out.</p>

</p>

Belfour, Hasek, Anderson, Leighton, Niemi, Crawford, and soon to be Raanta. Chicago obviously has wealth to share.</p>

</p>

Now look at another real goalie factory with Anaheim... Hiller, Bryzgalov, Giguere, Gerber, Herbert, Goldberg,</p>

</p>

Or the Wild with Backstrom, Harding, Kuemper, Hackett, Khudobin, Taint, Imtrollinbro.</p>

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
Didn't catch most of the game last night but from what I saw it was just a blah type game. Alain Vigneault strikes again, also that Rangers team will miss Zuccarello and Callahan.</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Tony DeFrancesco" data-cid="222425" data-time="1393608100">
<div>

The Hawks drafted him, gave him a chance. Would he ever have made it to the NHL without Chicago? We'll never know.</p>

</p>

Richter, Vanbiesbrouck, and Lundqvist. That's what the Rangers have given to the NHL in 25 years. That's not a goalie factory, that's just enough to maintain themselves, as DMA pointed out.</p>

</p>

Belfour, Hasek, Anderson, Leighton, Niemi, Crawford, and soon to be Raanta. Chicago obviously has wealth to share.</p>

</p>

Now look at another real goalie factory with Anaheim... Hiller, Bryzgalov, Giguere, Gerber, Herbert, Goldberg,</p>

</p>

Or the Wild with Backstrom, Harding, Kuemper, Hackett, Khudobin, Taint, Imtrollinbro.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Don't forget Dan Blackburn, dick.</p>

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I look at it like this:</p>

</p>

The Rangers are currently the bottom until/unless St. Louis or Toronto fail to capture a cup between now and 2021.  Their franchise drought of 53 seasons (seasons, not years--then it's 54) still leads the league all time.</p>

</p>

Luckily the Blackhawks never knew the pain of a 50 year or season drought. </p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
hawks have been forced to develop goalies faster than the rangers the last decade. im not sure the hawks can take credit for grooming hasek or anderson and def not niemi. those guys groomed outside of the system after the hawks revolving door of trying to find a #1. drafting a guy or signing someone out of finland to play one year isnt grooming a guy.</p>

</p>

speaking of finland they are now a toilet paper factory of goalies. flames debuted yet another finish goalie last night. he lost...so he will be flushed down the toilet and a different finish goalie will start the next game.</p>

</p>

i think drafting goalies is going to be a thing of the past pretty soon. teams are just going to start signing goalies from overseas now. sucks to be a goalie in the junior hockey systems now.</p>

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Tony DeFrancesco" data-cid="222425" data-time="1393608100">
<div>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Don't forget John Gibson. He's coming up as well, and he'll be the next best thing they have the next few seasons. </p>

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="LordKOTL" data-cid="222446" data-time="1393615757">
<div>

I look at it like this:</p>

</p>

The Rangers are currently the bottom until/unless St. Louis or Toronto fail to capture a cup between now and 2021.  Their franchise drought of 53 seasons (seasons, not years--then it's 54) still leads the league all time.</p>

</p>

Luckily the Blackhawks never knew the pain of a 50 year or season drought. </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Maple Leafs are currently at 47 seasons, St. Louis 46.   :eek:rcs-buttshake:</p>