Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Saad might have more upside?</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Grimsäläinen" data-cid="222181" data-time="1393267338">
<div>

Only 21 games left in reg season, wow this one flew by.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Don't worry. You'll have at least 16 more wins in the playoffs.</p>

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
I think Saad has more offensive flair than Callahan. Callahan is more of your "meat and potatoes" kind of player. Doesn't wow you out there but gets the job done. He's only topped 50 points once in his career and isn't really a guy known for his offensive prowess.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Great to finally have Hox hockey back, well except for P&E.</p>

BigPete

Liked Posts:
Time to see what Regin can do with the 2C.  Let's hope for some chemistry.</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Grimsäläinen" data-cid="222247" data-time="1393441535">
<div>

His eyes are still swollen shut from all the crying.</p>

</p>

Talbot is starting... WHO?</p>

</p>

The guy who is 10-5-0 with a .935 SV% and 1.79 GAA.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

Welp... look at Talbot... just amazing.</p>

</p>

Hope that jinxes him.</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
COmpletely dominated by an amazing young goalie.</p>

</p>

Jennings to the Rangers already.</p>

</p>

Warned you guys about Talbot.</p>

Ton

Liked Posts:
16 games in the NHL, we'll see what happens with his career. The Rangers have never been known to produce goaltenders.</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Tony DeFrancesco" data-cid="222354" data-time="1393557067">
<div>

16 games in the NHL, we'll see what happens with his career. The Rangers have never been known to produce goaltenders.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Uhhhhhhhhhh???????????????????????</p>

</p>

Richter?????  Lundqvist??!?!?!?!?</p>

Ton

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Grimsäläinen" data-cid="222359" data-time="1393558655">
<div>

Uhhhhhhhhhh???????????????????????</p>

</p>

Richter?????  Lundqvist??!?!?!?!?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Wow! Two goaltenders in like 25 years...</p>

</p>

I'm sorry I ever doubted them!</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Tony DeFrancesco" data-cid="222360" data-time="1393558987">
<div>

Wow! Two goaltenders in like 25 years...</p>

</p>

I'm sorry I ever doubted them!</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

How about the Blackhawks?  How have they done in the goaltending department the past 25 years?</p>

</p>

Rose colored fancy pants glasses?</p>

</p>

EDIT:  I don't want to hear Niemi and Crawford because Richter (WON A CUP) and Lundqvist are way above their level Cup or not.</p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
I don't know about Richter. Obviously Lundqvist, yeah, but Richter is an interesting case.</p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
Richter was a very good goalie at the time he played in my opinion. He wasn't the leagues best but he was very good, Well above the average and he was pretty consistent. If he is going to be compared to guys like Hasek and Roy at the time obviously he isn't in that category. Put him up against his peers such as Joseph, Barasso, Potvin, McLean, Vanbriesbrook, Ranford, etc etc. He easily competes with them. I would put him in a good debate up next to a guy like Eddie Belfour as to whom was the better overall goalie. Eddie wins in my books but not by that much.</p>

</p>

A couple gaff years in the playoffs but what goalie hasn't  through a 10 plus year career?</p>

</p>

90's were a funky era for goalkeeping. Richter was one of the better ones.</p>

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
ZOMG Hawks have just scored 1 goals in the last 2 games!!11 PANIC.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="roshinaya" data-cid="222367" data-time="1393569709">
<div>

ZOMG Hawks have just scored 1 goals in the last 2 games!!11 PANIC.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

REGIN IS THE BEST THING THAT HAS EVER HAPPENED TO THIS TEAM!!!</p>

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Canadian Dreamalchuk" data-cid="222364" data-time="1393564013">
<div>

Richter was a very good goalie at the time he played in my opinion. He wasn't the leagues best but he was very good, Well above the average and he was pretty consistent. If he is going to be compared to guys like Hasek and Roy at the time obviously he isn't in that category. Put him up against his peers such as Joseph, Barasso, Potvin, McLean, Vanbriesbrook, Ranford, etc etc. He easily competes with them. I would put him in a good debate up next to a guy like Eddie Belfour as to whom was the better overall goalie. Eddie wins in my books but not by that much.</p>

</p>

A couple gaff years in the playoffs but what goalie hasn't  through a 10 plus year career?</p>

</p>

90's were a funky era for goalkeeping. Richter was one of the better ones.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

And don't forget that before his time in Florida, he was also a New York Ranger as well. </p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't compare him to Hasek or Roy because he isn't even close.Or to Belfour for that matter.  I wouldn't say he easily competes with those other goalies you mention, I would say he's probably in that pack rather than out in front of them.  What makes him an interesting case is his home/road splits. They tell two different stories. Home has him as an above average goalie, road shows him as an average goalie. When compared to his back ups during the course of his career (Vanbriesbrouck being one of them), the data doesn't really favor him.  There isn't much difference. As what is usual throughout the league and for most goalies who have ever played in the NHL, he falls into the category of the team making the goalie more of what he is rather than the other way around.</p>

Ton

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Grimsäläinen" data-cid="222361" data-time="1393561910">
<div>

How about the Blackhawks?  How have they done in the goaltending department the past 25 years?</p>

</p>

Rose colored fancy pants glasses?</p>

</p>

EDIT:  I don't want to hear Niemi and Crawford because Richter (WON A CUP) and Lundqvist are way above their level Cup or not.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I'm talking about producing goaltenders, guys that have come up through the organization and succeeded here or elsewhere.</p>

</p>

In the last 25 years... Belfour, Hasek are obvious. Then you have recent guys like Anderson, Niemi, Crawford... even Leighton took his team to a Cup final.</p>

</p>

I never said Chicago was a goalie factory either, but they clearly produce more goaltenders than the Rangers. Most teams do. Probably every team in the league has had more than two goaltenders they could say actually did something in the NHL.</p>

</p>

Two in 25 years... hahahahaha</p>