TGDT 3/19 Blues (47-14-7) @ Blackhawks (39-15-15) 7:00PM NBCSN

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
<p style="text-align:center;"><span style="font-size:18px;">2013-14 REGULAR SEASON</span>

<span style="font-size:24px;">GAME 70</span>

large.png
<span style="font-size:18px;"> vs</span>.
large.png

<span style="font-size:24px;">47-14-7 ----- 39-15-15</span></p><p style="text-align:center;">
</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
Since Mass made the Hawks lose yesterday, I will do the honors.</p>

</p>

This is obviously a statement game.  Feel a hell of a lot better if the Hawks can beat these assholes in regulation.</p>

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
Really hoping for a W tonight, shut all the worry bunnies up for a day at least. </p>

</p>

We could use a big statement game, our offense is due for a big breakout, I'd love for it to come against that rat Ryan Miller. </p>

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I expect a playoff-like atmosphere.  Get out there and bury those eunuchs!</p>

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="LordKOTL" data-cid="223742" data-time="1395246105">
<div>

I expect a playoff-like atmosphere.  Get out there and bury those eunuchs!</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Barret Jackman could definitely pull off being a eunuch.</p>

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There are no statement games in the regular season.</p>

</p>

The Blues have won the season series, the division, and likely the President's Trophy. </p>

</p>

I doubt the Blackhawks doubt themselves and a loss won't be shaking the Blues' confidence going into the playoffs.</p>

</p>

I'd like the win to try and catch Colorado.</p>

</p>

I'd also like the power play to stop sucking, as STL will for sure be taking penalties tonight.</p>

</p>

2-0 Hox</p>

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Grimsäläinen" data-cid="223736" data-time="1395239654">
<div>

</p>

This is obviously a statement game.  Feel a hell of a lot better if the Hawks can beat these assholes in regulation.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

If we beat the Blues in both remaining home games would set a nice tenor for possible (probable) post-season series.</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Grimsäläinen" data-cid="223736" data-time="1395239654">
<div>

</p>

</div>
</blockquote>

They didn't lose, I don't recognize overtime loses any more as they represent 80% of the teams points.</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="puckjim" data-cid="223747" data-time="1395250951">

There are no statement games in the regular season.

The Blues have won the season series, the division, and likely the President's Trophy. 

I doubt the Blackhawks doubt themselves and a loss won't be shaking the Blues' confidence going into the playoffs.

I'd like the win to try and catch Colorado.

I'd also like the power play to stop sucking, as STL will for sure be taking penalties tonight.

2-0 Hox</p></blockquote>

Yes there are statement games in the regular season. See Philly/Pittsburgh from two years ago a few weeks before the playoffs.

The Blues are the new hotshot kids on the block and it would be nice to take them down a peg before the post season.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just win</p>

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="puckjim" data-cid="223747" data-time="1395250951">
<div>

There are no statement games in the regular season.</p>

</p>

The Blues have won the season series, the division, and likely the President's Trophy. </p>

</p>

I doubt the Blackhawks doubt themselves and a loss won't be shaking the Blues' confidence going into the playoffs.</p>

</p>

I'd like the win to try and catch Colorado.</p>

</p>

I'd also like the power play to stop sucking, as STL will for sure be taking penalties tonight.</p>

</p>

2-0 Hox</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I get what you are getting at regarding no statement games, but there are always turning points in the season, and they can certainly shoot a team in a great direction.</p>

</p>

That is was I am hoping for tonight. </p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
They don't look like a team that can get out of the first round of the playoffs right now. Seriously they don't. They don't need to make a statement to any other teams, only to themselves tonight and that's actually a pretty sad thing to have to say. I hope this is nothing more than a March lag going on because it's been an unimpressive showing by the Hawks and very inconsistent. Seen it before with this team in March though. Not sure what that is all about. </p>

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Canadian Dreamalchuk" data-cid="223760" data-time="1395257566">
<div>

They don't look like a team that can get out of the first round of the playoffs right now. Seriously they don't. They don't need to make a statement to any other teams, only to themselves tonight and that's actually a pretty sad thing to have to say. I hope this is nothing more than a March lag going on because it's been an unimpressive showing by the Hawks and very inconsistent. Seen it before with this team in March though. Not sure what that is all about. </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

A fucking men!</p>

</p>

Anaheim and SJ are the toughest teams our boys have manhhandled this season.  Would be nice to see them do it to the Blues--just to show themselves that they've still got it, ya know; rather than just looking forward to the playoffs.</p>

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Canadian Dreamalchuk" data-cid="223760" data-time="1395257566">
<div>

</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

As much as I am being driven crazy by the sky is falling Hawks fans, and the dabblers who think the team is awful, there is a lot of truth to what you said. </p>

</p>

Although for the 2 in between years when we didn't seem to be clicking it was due to personnel IMO. This past stretch I just can't put my finger on it. </p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I might as well get this out of the way now... I'm so fucking sick of overtime.</p>

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="LordKOTL" data-cid="223761" data-time="1395258321">
<div>

A fucking men!</p>

</p>

Anaheim and SJ are the toughest teams our boys have manhhandled this season.  Would be nice to see them do it to the Blues--just to show themselves that they've still got it, ya know; rather than just looking forward to the playoffs.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Well we did drub the Avs 7-2 and our record is 1-3-1 against them. I really think that team has a lot of issues that need to be addressed, but they continue to prove me wrong. Regardless, the notion about being intimidated by the Avs in a first round matchup irks me. </p>

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="PSR" data-cid="223764" data-time="1395258847">
<div>

Well we did drub the Avs 7-2 and our record is 1-3-1 against them. I really think that team has a lot of issues that need to be addressed, but they continue to prove me wrong. Regardless, the notion about being intimidated by the Avs in a first round matchup irks me. </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

I did take the drubbing of the avs into consideration, but I think SJ and Anaheim are tougher teams overall (even though the Avalance have given us fits).</p>

</p>

I think a good, solid win tonight will do wonders going forward.</p>

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="LordKOTL" data-cid="223765" data-time="1395259078">
<div>

I did take the drubbing of the avs into consideration, but I think SJ and Anaheim are tougher teams overall (even though the Avalance have given us fits).</p>

</p>

I think a good, solid win tonight will do wonders going forward.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

As do I, also I think the Blues have a ways to go before they set themselves up for sustained success. I would enjoy really turning they season around and into a downward trend... </p>

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<div>

Not sure what that is all about. </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Existential malaise.</p>

</p>

</p>

EDIT:</p>

</p>

...or maybe fibromyalgia.</p>

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<div>

</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

Meh, their lackluster play WAY predates March. I wish folks would stop bringing up their annual March malaises of years past esp. the Cup years.They haven't looked particularly good overall since the New Year kicked in---oddly coinciding with when Olympics national teams rosters were basically decided {{snickers}}. They've played at a sub-500 winning percentage for 2014---I think they're something like 11-17? </p>

</p>

</p>

ETA:  I was too lazy before when I posted but now upon checking I can confirm yes they are 11-17 or rather 11-8-9 in 2014. They with w/DET, OTT and NJ following them are masters of the Loser Point so far this season.</p>