TGDT 3/19 Blues (47-14-7) @ Blackhawks (39-15-15) 7:00PM NBCSN

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
So if the sky was falling after a few slow showing and they weren't even a playoff team, does that mean the won the cup after last nights dominance?</p>

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
^^^Would we be favorites? Probably not against a few teams, but if #27-#4 and #2-#7 are playing great, along with the rest of our forwards firing at full steam this team is still my pick out of the West. </p>

jaxhawksfan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My sky was falling.  Sub .500 hockey over the past 20 games doesn't make one feel very confident.  They played one helluva game last night and it was indeed a statement.  However, until they do that on a regular basis, I'm still not sold on them beating St. Louis or Colorado in a 7 game series.  I hope I'm wrong.</p>

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
IMHO as a fan the frustration comes in knowing that our boys can step it up like they did last night, but don't do it on a night-in-night-out basis.  No, they can't do that over 82, but the fact that this game was supposed to be--and indeed have--a playoff atmosphere, and we played it like a playoff game spoke volumes.</p>

</p>

Maybe I'm taking a glass is half full....of BEER mentality, but I like to think that the 'hawks are more like what they were last night and games like the one against the Flyers or the Avs were the anomalies, but  do think the team is better than what they've shown in recent losses--not that they are overextending in recent wins.</p>

</p>

I really can't see anyone who didn't have a good game--Even Kane had a good game too--untill he took a Morrow to the knee.</p>

</p>

Fantabulous effort all around. Keith had a bloody MONSTER game.  Also nice to see that not only do Crawford outplay Miller, but both his gooseggs this year came against the top-of-the-league-at-the-time teams.  Speaks volumes.</p>

</p>

Hope Kaner heals up quickly and completely before the playoffs.  Nice effort and huge win.</p>

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Spunky Porkstacker" data-cid="223810" data-time="1395331752">
<div>

If it is his knee hopefully todays MRI won't show a tear.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

From the look of the replay it's either his knee or ankle.  Can't really fault Morrow or Brookbank on the play, it was just unlucky.</p>

</p>

Still sucks.</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Well when you ice 20 guys and half of them spent the 2 week break in russia playing high level, huge ice hockey, it's no wonder they are up and down.</p>

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="223813" data-time="1395335223">
<div>

Well when you ice 20 guys and half of them spent the 2 week break in russia playing high level, huge ice hockey, it's no wonder they are up and down.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

NAH, too much logic. </p>

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So the Blues are 6 pts ahead of the Hawks and have been on a big winning streak so it could be time for them to come down a little bit. They are on the road for the next 3 games. Hawks start picking up some pts here and it isn 't impossible to catch the Blues, they do play again in the UC April 6th. Am I being overly optimistic? Go Hawks!

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Spunky Porkstacker" data-cid="223816" data-time="1395336028">
<div>

So the Blues are 6 pts ahead of the Hawks and have been on a big winning streak so it could be time for them to come down a little bit. They are on the road for the next 3 games. Hawks start picking up some pts here and it isn 't impossible to catch the Blues, they do play again in the UC April 6th. Am I being overly optimistic? Go Hawks!</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I would laugh pretty hard, hahah, the overall view of the team from the average fan has been so shortsighted. If that were to happen I would obviously enjoy the victory over the Blues, but hopefully it'd give some people a chance to realize they need to take it easy when the team goes into a slump. </p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="PSR" data-cid="223818" data-time="1395336173">
<div>

I would laugh pretty hard, hahah, the overall view of the team from the average fan has been so shortsighted. If that were to happen I would obviously enjoy the victory over the Blues, but hopefully it'd give some people a chance to realize they need to take it easy when the team goes into a slump. </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Well... more importantly they need to realize that the best team in the conference during the year isn't always the team that makes it to the finals.</p>

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="223821" data-time="1395336581">
<div>

Well... more importantly they need to realize that the best team in the conference during the year isn't always the team that makes it to the finals.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Yea, I thought that it was usually painfully obvious if you pay a little attention but I guess not. I mean the Blues have faltered very bad in the past few years come playoff time, they also did not address any of their issues in obtaining a true scorer. </p>

</p>

Last night brought many smiles to my face, the whole Ryan Miller will put them over the top idea...the guy has never won a thing, hes a damn good goalie one of the tops in the league...who has never, won, a thing. To swap Halak for him was a complete null and void move in my opinion. Had they went out and addressed scoring by picking up St. Louis or Vanek I think it would have served them much better.</p>

genefoley

Liked Posts:
Yeah, I was believing in the Blues more after the ott/miller trade. They're not really better at all. Ott has done nothing for them but contributed to their grit quota. If you can get bodies in front of Miller, he is more than beatable. I welcome a matchup against St Louis in the playoffs if they want to try to bang bodies the entire time. Hawks have proven time and time again, especially in the playoffs, that they aren't afraid of being "bullied". Was great seeing Oshie getting ragdolled multiple times last night. Backes had a few good shifts. Other than that, Hawks were the far better team for 60 minutes. Steen's early season success has proven to be a fluke; he's not a reliable true scorer. I think the Hawks speed, skill and experience will be able to overcome the Blues if they happen to meet in the postseason.</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Hey, I still think they did wonders getting Miller. He's an upgrade. Put them over the top? I'm not sure for the reasons stated.</p>

</p>

Now. it may be just my imagination. But it does seem to me like the Hawks always seem to really play well against him. Maybe it's just because the Sabres had been so bad, or that Kane like to play against them but I feel like the Hawks specifically have had his number. Does anyone know where I can find the goalie numbers for him against the hawks? And yes, I did try to google it.</p>

EDIT: never mind, http://www.csnchicago.com/blackhawks/how-has-ryan-miller-fared-vs-blackhawks</p>

</p>

In his 11-season career, Miller has faced the Hawks just four times, winning a pair of games and losing a pair. He's allowed eight goals in those four contests. He has had pretty good success against the Blackhawks compared to his work against other teams. Miller has a .939 save percentage against them in his career, the third-best mark against any NHL team. Only against the Oilers and Coyotes has he stopped a higher percentage of shots.</p>

genefoley

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="223831" data-time="1395344040">
<div>

Hey, I still think they did wonders getting Miller. He's an upgrade. Put them over the top? I'm not sure for the reasons stated.</p>

</p>

Now. it may be just my imagination. But it does seem to me like the Hawks always seem to really play well against him. Maybe it's just because the Sabres had been so bad, or that Kane like to play against them but I feel like the Hawks specifically have had his number. Does anyone know where I can find the goalie numbers for him against the hawks? And yes, I did try to google it.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

ZO75SZi.png
</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Thanks, I appreciate it, what site did you use?</p>

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="bookjones" data-cid="223775" data-time="1395269415">
<div>

I'mma cross my fingers for you that it goes to the shootout 1) so that you get bonus-bonus game for your money and 2) so you can see that great American hero T.J. Oshie work his shootout black magic. </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

<span style="font-family:verdana, geneva, sans-serif;"><span style="font-size:24px;">His All American Wife</span></span></p>

<span style="font-family:verdana, geneva, sans-serif;"><span style="font-size:24px;">
lauren3.jpg
</span></span></p>

</p>

<span style="font-family:verdana, geneva, sans-serif;"><span style="font-size:24px;">His 'Merican mom</span></span></p>

</p>

jgb_ambit03.jpg
</p>
</p>

</p>

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="puckjim" data-cid="223793" data-time="1395320926">
<div>

I see we have a new Miss Congeniality at IHN now that "He Who Does Not Know Anyone" has gone on walkabout. </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

20071101ho_walkabout_500.jpg
</p>

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="LordKOTL" data-cid="223811" data-time="1395331841">
<div>

From the look of the replay it's either his knee or ankle.  Can't really fault Morrow or Brookbank on the play, it was just unlucky.</p>

</p>

Still sucks.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Looked like he may have twisted his ankle When Morrow landed on him.</p>

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Mikita" data-cid="223836" data-time="1395344876">

</p><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="bookjones" data-cid="223775" data-time="1395269415">

I'mma cross my fingers for you that it goes to the shootout 1) so that you get bonus-bonus game for your money and 2) so you can see that great American hero T.J. Oshie work his shootout black magic.</p></blockquote>
tj-oshie-gf.jpg
</blockquote>

I'm surprised you would let anyone borrow your shorts.