TGDT 3/19 Blues (47-14-7) @ Blackhawks (39-15-15) 7:00PM NBCSN

genefoley

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="223835" data-time="1395344861">
<div>

Thanks, I appreciate it, what site did you use?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

http://www.hockey-reference.com/</p>

</p>

then went to ryan miller then split stats</p>

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="jaxhawksfan" data-cid="223808" data-time="1395330855">
<div>

My sky was falling.  Sub .500 hockey over the past 20 games doesn't make one feel very confident.  They played one helluva game last night and it was indeed a statement.  However, until they do that on a regular basis, I'm still not sold on them beating St. Louis or Colorado in a 7 game series.  I hope I'm wrong.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I'll rather look at the larger sample size of 70 games at .679 and not worry too much about a little slump.</p>

genefoley

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="roshinaya" data-cid="223841" data-time="1395346851">
<div>

I'll rather look at the larger sample size of 70 games at .679 and not worry too much about a little slump.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

the hawks were going to slump. luckily there's still time to play their best hockey going into the playoffs</p>

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone expect Teravainen soon with the Kane injury????</p>

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Gene Honda" data-cid="223843" data-time="1395346970">
<div>

the hawks were going to slump. luckily there's still time to play their best hockey going into the playoffs</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Last year we had trouble in the Wings series since we hadn't had to face adversity during the regular.  Better to deal with it now, than during the playoofs.</p>

jaxhawksfan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="roshinaya" data-cid="223841" data-time="1395346851">
<div>

</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I'd rather see a team playing their best hockey nearing the end of the season.  Just me.</p>

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Gene Honda" data-cid="223830" data-time="1395343541">
<div>

Yeah, I was believing in the Blues more after the ott/miller trade. They're not really better at all. Ott has done nothing for them but contributed to their grit quota. If you can get bodies in front of Miller, he is more than beatable. I welcome a matchup against St Louis in the playoffs if they want to try to bang bodies the entire time. Hawks have proven time and time again, especially in the playoffs, that they aren't afraid of being "bullied". Was great seeing Oshie getting ragdolled multiple times last night. Backes had a few good shifts. Other than that, Hawks were the far better team for 60 minutes. Steen's early season success has proven to be a fluke; he's not a reliable true scorer. I think the Hawks speed, skill and experience will be able to overcome the Blues if they happen to meet in the postseason.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Exactly, I have to give Hitchcock a ton of credit for his work down there. He has those guys fully bought into his system, and it works. It is somewhat like the Bulls owning everyone in the regular season, with somewhat inferior talent, but unfortunately when the elimination games begin their weaknesses are truly exposed.</p>

</p>

As I have said a hundred times, I am still baffled that the Blues are sitting where they are. They do not have one guy on their offense who is a legitimate threat to break 60 points year in and year out, that is 60 points we are talking about....defense wins championships but my god you have to score. To further my confusion is the fact that they are 3rd in the NHL in scoring. My mind is completely blown, I just can't wait until their season comes to an end.</p>

</p>

I have had sense for a while now that we will not see them in the playoffs. </p>

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
I mean at least when Wings fans were seeing our franchise rise to the top we were boasting some very very legitimate talent.</p>

</p>

Toews, Kane, Sharp, Havlat/(Hossa), Versteeg, Buff, Ladd, then Keith and Seabrook...our talent pool was endless.</p>

</p>

How have Hawks fans been convinced by this regular season that the likes of "Backes, Oshie, Steen, Sobotka, Tarasenko, Berglund, Paajarvi, Reaves - Pietrangelo/ Shattenkirk" are the new sheriff in town. I see a lot of 35-50 point getters and not much else other than their D men. </p>

</p>

Honestly Chris Stewart and Perron probably boasted the most offensive upside but they are now gone. </p>

</p>

Go do a powerplay dance, they are a VERY poor mans version of the 08-11 Canucks. With worse goaltending. </p>

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="jaxhawksfan" data-cid="223848" data-time="1395349608">
<div>

I'd rather see a team playing their best hockey nearing the end of the season.  Just me.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Last time I checked they have a dozen games left. </p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
Q can out coach Hitch until the cows come home. I have my gripes like everyone else with some of Q's decisions etc. However when it comes to teams like the Blues who play the style they do? Q owns the other coach. It is actually when Q is at his best when running his bench and when Q's system is strongest. </p>

</p>

I have no worries about the blues if the Hawks face them in the playoffs. None other than more of that hack shit. The only teams I am concerned with in the West come playoffs are the Avs. I don't think the Avs are great and they def have talent holes esp on the blueline but I think they are like the Hawks in a lot of ways as far as a good mix of talent and character. Sometimes strong character can make up for the talent holes esp in the playoffs.</p>

BiscuitintheBasket

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the Avs are very much designed to beat the 'Hawks, in that same vein that the 'Hawks were being built to beat Detroit.