Thank you Mitchell

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
I’m used to having unpopular opinions that end up being right. What issue do you have exactly?

You make a prediction. I’ll make a prediction. And we’ll come back here and necro.

My prediction: Justin Fields is not the guy. Whether he’s on the Bears next year or not (I’m betting not), he will never be a franchise QB and never have multiple 3,000+ yard seasons.

Are you staking out a prediction against that? If so, that’s fine.
I'm going to go against your prediction for JF. Not sure what your track record is but in this case I hope you're wrong.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I'm going to go against your prediction for JF. Not sure what your track record is but in this case I hope you're wrong.
Hey, I too hope I’m wrong.

I’ve always taken it on the chin on this board with my predictions, because the Bears make it so easy.

I predicted a few months after Poles got hired that he was going to trade Roquan and not re-sign Montgomery. I also predicted Poles wouldn’t get a WR in the 1st or 2nd round of his first draft when other Bears fans just assumed he would because of their horrible roster of WRs. I predicted the Bears would win no more than 6 games before the season, something that also got me a lot of hate.

Et cetera. Et cetera.

None of this is to say I’m any smarter or better than anyone else on these boards. I don’t have a gift or anything. I just can separate what I *want* to happen from what I think *will* happen, something that gets you labeled a troll and hater on these boards.

People get really mad over honest opinions on these boards.

Last edited:

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
I still have a hard time believing that because of their ownership. The Steelers NEVER change coaches. They’ve had 3 since 1969. 😯

Would be crazy if they did.
They need to decide on Tomlin quickly because he needs to be extended if they don't fire him, otherwise
next year he's a lame duck year and no coaches will sign on to help right the ship.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
This place would implode on itself if the Bears shipped Fields to a competent organization and he turned into something. Hell, the City of Chicago may implode for that matter.
I wonder if the strong defense/support he got from DJ will have much or any impact on the decision around JF?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Will Fields ever have a passing season as good as Trubisky’s best season or even his second best season?
Yes. End discussion. Thanks

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:

I’ve always taken it on the chin on this board with my predictions, because the Bears make it so easy.

I predicted a few months after Poles got hired that he was going to trade Roquan and not re-sign Montgomery. I also predicted Poles wouldn’t get a WR in the 1st or 2nd round of his first draft when other Bears fans just assumed he would because of their horrible roster of WRs. I predicted the Bears would win no more than 6 games before the season, something that also got me a lot of hate.

Et cetera. Et cetera.

None of this is to say I’m any smarter or better than anyone else on these boards. I don’t have a gift or anything. I just can separate what I *want* to happen from what I think *will* happen, something that gets you labeled a troll and hater on these boards.

Thanks, and I understand but still hope your % of correct goes down.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Also watching last night made me happy they did not draft George Pickens.

Good player but he makes chase claypoop look like an ideal teammate.
I was against Pickens from day 1 because he's a baby.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Et cetera. Et cetera.

Let’s see these predictions. If you’re willing to necro this post I’m sure you know where these predictions are as well. You can ignore the re.sign Monty one as it was obvious

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Let’s see these predictions. If you’re willing to necro this post I’m sure you know where these predictions are as well. You can ignore the re.sign Monty one as it was obvious
Glad you asked. Here go, from pre-draft April 2022

Oh, absolutely.

Hard to assign tendencies just yet, but I just get the feeling from Poles that he's very disinterested in flashy moves and instead is slow and methodical, in which case I suspect Bears fans will slowly realize they are not going to get what they want, at least not until the Bears have shown they're a contender.

-They're not going to get a big Roquan extension.
-They're not going to get a Montgomery extension.
-They're not going to get the OL/WRs they so desperately desire in the second round.
-They're not going to get the big spending spree they're expecting in 2023.

Just a hunch. But I get the feeling Poles is going to do things a lot differently than how Bears fans envision.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Weird flex here. GM doesn’t re-sign a dime a dozen RB and trades away an off-ball Linebacker that is represented by “saint omni” and was also accused of rape by a minor in a foreign country(was also replaced by a FA with similar production at a fraction of the price ). The delusions of Bears fans.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Weird flex here. GM doesn’t re-sign a dime a dozen RB and trades away an off-ball Linebacker that is represented by “saint omni” and was also accused of rape by a minor in a foreign country(was also replaced by a FA with similar production at a fraction of the price ). The delusions of Bears fans.
Except Bears fans didn’t know any of that in April 2022. I agree that home town fans are delusional. Just take a look around, and in that thread, for sure.

And I’m not judging whether these were good or bad moves, just establishing that unpopular opinions often turn out correct on the Bears, so maybe when someone does make those predictions, perhaps they’re just being honest and not a “hater” or “troll”?

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Except Bears fans didn’t know any of that in April 2022. I agree that home town fans are delusional. Just take a look around, and in that thread, for sure.

And I’m not judging whether these were good or bad moves, just establishing that unpopular opinions often turn out correct on the Bears, so maybe when someone does make those predictions, perhaps they’re just being honest and not a “hater” or “troll”?
I give you credit for the WR prediction but the other two were kinda obvious. You didn’t put your prediction though

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I give you credit for the WR prediction but the other two were kinda obvious. You didn’t put your prediction though
They didn’t seem very obvious to the rest of the board at the time, but that’s fine.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
They didn’t seem very obvious to the rest of the board at the time, but that’s fine.
Do I get points for saying I didn’t want Mitch? I think that’s better than we won’t re-sign Monty?

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Do I get points for saying I didn’t want Mitch? I think that’s better than we won’t re-sign Monty?
Sure, I mean, if that’s what you said, then you ended up being right. Probably wasn’t a very popular thing to say back in 2018 and going into the 2019 season. If you did that, probably a lot of people gave you shit.