The Bears Media Narratives

HAVOCONE

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Now ya see where i got the Rodney Dangerfield thing from Windy. the media, beat writers etc.. are either ignoring the Bears, when they doing something good, or ripping into them for nonsense, or crap they feel the team needs to do, according to the so called experts. they rarely get any kudos for anything they do right, whether it's a good thing or not. just plain disrespect or bias if ya ask me.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
FWIW I heard Polian, a guy many around here respect, refer to Pace's round one trade to get Trubisky as "brilliant" and "a very good move" on Sirius NFL last night.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
More trades into the top 5 that went belly up when Trubisky was picked.

how does trading to 5 talk to take Trubisky justify the Bears trading to 2 from 3?

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
how does trading to 5 talk to take Trubisky justify the Bears trading to 2 from 3?

Because it means the Bears were accurate in their assessment that other teams were being aggressive in trying to get him.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Apparently all four teams from 2-5 had offers for their pick. Once the Bears took Trubisky, the other trade talks halted. Interpret that how you wish.

On a side note, not really a media narrative, but there were a couple of posters here (one in particular) who kept on the nonsense that Pace was "afraid" to pick a QB.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
On a side note, not really a media narrative, but there were a couple of posters here (one in particular) who kept on the nonsense that Pace was "afraid" to pick a QB.

That was me.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Apparently all four teams from 2-5 had offers for their pick. Once the Bears took Trubisky, the other trade talks halted. Interpret that how you wish.

There were a bunch of people saying that.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Not who I was thinking of, but I never read your posts.

quick-sad.gif

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I was concerned that he was too conservative to go for it with the 3rd pick. He proved me wrong and I couldn't be happier about that.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Because if you call 5, you are probably calling 2 and 3.

There was a ton of interest in him in the top 5.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Even when proven wrong, you meatball dolts circle back around to the same stupid shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
At least Trey Wingo said on the air when Trubisky was picked that Glennon's deal was essentially a one year guaranteed tryout. Meanwhile, everyone else seems to think the Bears are invested to Glennon long term.

The amount of stupidity and misinformation the media drives is infuriating.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I was concerned that he was too conservative to go for it with the 3rd pick. He proved me wrong and I couldn't be happier about that.

Wasn't you I was thinking of either. I also never read your posts.

I was referring to Him.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
At least Trey Wingo said on the air when Trubisky was picked that Glennon's deal was essentially a one year guaranteed tryout. Meanwhile, everyone else seems to think the Bears are invested to Glennon long term.

The amount of stupidity and misinformation the media drives is infuriating.

That's what Pace wanted them to think though.

And its worked out pretty well for us so far that everybody was dumb enough to fall for it.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Rueben Foster needs another surgery and was medically rejected by a bunch of teams.

John Lynch winning the draft.

Plus Lynch was ready to take him third overall and didnt know what a fifth year option was. And he took Beathard.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Wasn't you I was thinking of either. I also never read your posts.

I was referring to Him.

He doesn't read my posts either apparently, because I've asked twice what Trubisky's sobriquet will be and he hasn't responded.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Well regardless of which draft he was referring I don't buy the narrative being pitched here.

I seriously doubt any GM coming off a 3-13 season (and who is 9-23 career) considers himself "safe" because some homers on the msgboard think his previous draft to be one of the best drafts in 14 years.

IMO this draft was more about fear of losing his job rather than him feeling all safe and secure. The Trubisky trade/pick reads to me more like a GM that knows his ass would be getting fired along with Fox after yet another inevitable losing season if he didn't tie himself to a high QB pick.

Trading down for more picks and taking whoever fell to the 2nd round was most likely the smarter play but that would of left him open to still getting fired if the team once again disappointed this season... where as making the big splash trade for Trubisky virtually guarantees he gets another year or two no matter how badly the team performs or his picks pan out.

Agree the Bears should go have a winning record in a rebuild. It sucks to see some veterans go but he has done a good job replacing them.

Matt Forte - Jordan Howard
Jay Cutler - Mike Glennon/Mitchell Trubisky
Brandon Marshall - Kevin White (Yet to work out)
Martellus Bennett - Adam Shaheen (will see how it works out)
Matt Slauson - Cody Whitehair

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
He doesn't read my posts either apparently, because I've asked twice what Trubisky's sobriquet will be and he hasn't responded.

He told me it would be Mitch "Ryan's Hope" Trubisky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk