The Bears next starting Quarterback might be playing tonight....

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Hope? Trevor Lawrence.
Obviously wouldn’t hate that at all. Wilson may fall a bit, and he’s my favorite prospect outside of Lawrence. Jones, while not perfect, has a lot of things to build upon. A helluva lot more than AJ McCarron did.

Clockwork54

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Wherever Mac Jones lands in the NFL will determine his fate:<br><br>&quot;He needs a clever coach. He needs protection. What he has at Alabama is the opposite of the NFL reality.&quot; — <a href="https://twitter.com/ColinCowherd?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@ColinCowherd</a> <a href="https://t.co/C33dFYYwlr">pic.twitter.com/C33dFYYwlr</a></p>&mdash; Herd w/Colin Cowherd (@TheHerd) <a href=" ">January 12, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

Wherever Mac Jones lands in the NFL will determine his fate: "He needs a clever coach. He needs protection. What he has at Alabama is the opposite of the NFL reality." —
@ColinCowherd

Thats why Jones has no business here.

Clockwork54

Liked Posts:
Wherever Mac Jones lands in the NFL will determine his fate: "He needs a clever coach. He needs protection. What he has at Alabama is the opposite of the NFL reality." —
@ColinCowherd

The shell shock won’t be pretty for Mac in Chicago. i like Trey Lance, I don’t think he is ready but is the best fit. Nagy is terrible, but his offense was most effective when Mitch was a willing runner.

As for Mac Jones? I think the Saints would be the best landing spot. Sit behind Drew Brees, creative play caller in Sean Peyton, lots of talent on offense. I look at Mac Jones I see a guy that needs to be put in the best scenario to succeed.

msadows

Liked Posts:
The shell shock won’t be pretty for Mac in Chicago. i like Trey Lance, I don’t think he is ready but is the best fit. Nagy is terrible, but his offense was most effective when Mitch was a willing runner.

As for Mac Jones? I think the Saints would be the best landing spot. Sit behind Drew Brees, creative play caller in Sean Peyton, lots of talent on offense. I look at Mac Jones I see a guy that needs to be put in the best scenario to succeed.

Agreed, saints are the best bet.

This is the first time in my life I've ever agreed with that clown colin.....

Ruff Ruff

Liked Posts:
I look at Mac Jones I see a guy that needs to be put in the best scenario to succeed.

Can you see a guy that needs to be put in the worst scenario to succeed? Your quote applies to everyone. Not just BigMac

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Same thing was said about Watson. Don't know about the arm. Had ACL tear. Came from a college power. What they don't teach is how to be a winner, how to be a leader. Mac Jones leads that offense. Teammates respect and understand him. Saban taught him what it takes to be a winner. Trubisky never learned that, I would take Jones over Lance. I know Lance has a higher ceiling, but Jones right now has a higher floor.

Plus we already saw that when Pace took Trubisky over Watson, even though Mahomes was the best athlete out of the bunch. Never understood why Pace didn't go after mahomet if he wanted a big ceiling.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
@ColinCowherd

Kzzzng5.png

Toast88

Liked Posts:
The Bears need a dynamic QB who can create on his own. That's why picking Deshaun Watson or Lamar Jackson would've made incredible sense.

The best cure at QB for shitty teams who don't know how to protect them is to pick a QB who can protect himself.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

Good points. Here's the thing. Right.... I don't want any rookie Qb thrusted or pushed into a starters position. Let Lance sit for a year. Unless he pulls a R. Wilson and totally out plays the vet in training camp. But no to Jones here in Chicago.