The Bears next starting Quarterback might be playing tonight....

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
Did you guys see that last throw off he zipped off his back foot while falling backwards... for about 20 yards. Nice!

I am a believer

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
I would not be upset at all if the pick is jones at #20.

I would not be upset if we pass on him to take a tackle either, I'd understand it.

To me its QB/Tackle in the first two rounds. Either Jones in the first round, or trask in the 2nd round.

Knowing pace he will take a WR.
I don’t think Jones makes it past SF at 12 or the Pats at 15, tbh. A lot of QB-desperate teams out there. Trask is the worst of the top 5 and he may get drafted in the 1st.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
These are the short term fixes boyz

-fire Nagy
-sign Cam Newton, he comes in cheap and grounded after his instagram workouts and Patriots fiasco
-sign Rex Ryan
-keep Ryan Pace
-Winner winner chicken dinner!
Newton is a shell of his former self. He lost his edge and injured a lot. No Rex Ryan. One sexy Rexy is enough. Pace put the Bears in cap hell and still no franchise QB. Fuck Pace.

drewten

Liked Posts:
No you couldn’t
I'm not here to try to prove my quarterback skills nor does anyone care. I haven't seen hardly any difficult throws. I take it your opinion is a yes at #20? My opinion is no thanks. I'm going to watch some more tape on the guy this game isn't a very good showcase of what he would look like against a better coverage/pressure.

Last edited:

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
These are the short term fixes boyz

-fire Nagy
-sign Cam Newton, he comes in cheap and grounded after his instagram workouts and Patriots fiasco
-sign Rex Ryan
-keep Ryan Pace
-Winner winner chicken dinner!
:jonesy:

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Can give up the extra 3rd when Bears lose Kelly to move up to 14. Also SF is win now mode. Probably go after Matt Ryan Cousins. Atlanta or Minn is worrisome though.
I don’t think Jones makes it past SF at 12 or the Pats at 15, tbh. A lot of QB-desperate teams out there. Trask is the worst of the top 5 and he may get drafted in the 1st.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm not here to try to prove my quarterback skills nor does anyone care. I haven't seen hardly any difficult throws. I take it your opinion is a yes at #20? My opinion is no thanks.

This is only game I’ve watched all year so I’ll say I’m certainly intrigued..... but I want to see some other games too. With the dearth of QBs in this league he may not even be there at 20.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mac Jones. He will be there at 20.

Questions/things to look for: 1) vision and pocket presence, and 2) does Mac Jones have an NFL level arm. Lots of success but questions remain about whether he can zip balls into tight windows. What led to his great success this year — was it the scheme? Was it his first round receivers? Or was it Mac Jones all along —-ballin out!

OSU will test him thoroughly. We will surely know a lot more after tonight.
I don't think so. Too many QB needy teams.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
This is only game I’ve watched all year so I’ll say I’m certainly intrigued..... but I want to see some other games too. With the dearth of QBs in this league he may not even be there at 20.
I’ll admit I only casually watched Jones in some Bama games this year. A few days ago I watched some focused film with concurrent analysis. Guy is an expert moving within the pocket, processing reads and firing quick accurate passes. He’ll be drafter earlier than a lot of people think.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Jones looks really good. I've enjoyed watching him without his top receivers. Also he does move really well in the pocket.

I've been watching Leatherwood a bit too. I haven't been overly impressed with him. Hes got good build and could potentially be coached up, but he doesn't really dominate at the point of attack and has had several plays just kind of wandering not blocking anybody.

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:

I get you but he killed it in other games. That’s why he was in the thick of the Heisman race. Still, despite the gaudy numbers, I held out judgment until tonight — the big stage — the championship game — and the kid delivered in spades. Looks to be the odds on favorite for MVP tonight.

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
Jones looks really good. I've enjoyed watching him without his top receivers. Also he does move really well in the pocket.

I've been watching Leatherwood a bit too. I haven't been overly impressed with him. Hes got good build and could potentially be coached up, but he doesn't really dominate at the point of attack and has had several plays just kind of wandering not blocking anybody.

Good point about his movement. Jones moves much better than I thought he did.

Checked another box for me

msadows

Liked Posts:

I mean maybe.

We have no idea how high any of these teams or scouts are on the QB group yet.

We know lawrence is for sure going #1, You would assume field or wilson go #2 but a lot could change from now till april.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
I mean maybe.

We have no idea how high any of these teams or scouts are on the QB group yet.

We know lawrence is for sure going #1, You would assume field or wilson go #2 but a lot could change from now till april.
I could see Lance falling behind Jones with him missing the year and being raw and Jones playing really well. Lance scares the hell out of me as I think he is the highest bust potential, especially without a good qb coach, but id still take him if available

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
I could see Lance falling behind Jones with him missing the year and being raw and Jones playing really well. Lance scares the hell out of me as I think he is the highest bust potential, especially without a good qb coach, but id still take him if available
Lance worries me also. I think he had one of the highest inaccuracy rankings of most of the QB prospects, including the top and middle-tier guys. He has all of the tools, but the bust potential is higher than some others.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Lance worries me also. I think he had one of the highest inaccuracy rankings of most of the QB prospects, including the top and middle-tier guys. He has all of the tools, but the bust potential is higher than some others.
Bad accuracy with all the tools sounds like trubisky

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
It’s not so much about his ability (or inability) to scramble, it’s his ability to move within the pocket and still fire off passes that is more impressive.

I agree.... and opportunistic scrambling for 5/10 yards here and there