The Bears next starting Quarterback might be playing tonight....

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
He’s certainly not the most athletic. But he’s accurate , processes the field in an instant, and rarely makes the wrong decision on which throw to make. He is literally the antithesis of Mitch. I mean, fuck it, I hope they draft Zach Wilson, but if not, I’d like Mac at pick 20.

discplayer

Liked Posts:
I agree, but that throw that fields just threw is extremely impressive.

I'm not interested in what he can do with a clean pocket and all day to throw, I'm interested in what these guys can do when its collapsing around them and the opposing D is all over their wideouts*

That will happen a lot in the NFL. Not as much when you have the talent bama does.
I agree with this. We don’t have OL talent relative to our opponents like Bama does, at almost every offensive position, for that matter.

And we’ve seen what an unathletic QB without a strong arm behind our OL looks like. Jones may be a sitting duck in Chicago.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I am liking what I am seeing. I think the kid is the goods

I'm seeing very little impressive in this game yet.

Smith is just dominating. He's wide open on every play.

There have been like 2 "nfl throws" thus far in this game, and one of them was from fields.

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:

There have been like 2 "nfl throws" thus far in this game, and one of them was from fields.

I like his mind. And he has a little more zip than I thought he had.

I think he should be in the conversation at 20... and a definite ‘get’ in the second round if he is there.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:

I think he should be in the conversation at 20... and a definite ‘get’ in the second round if he is there.
He’s not making it out of the first round.

msadows

Liked Posts:

He has been making the right read, but its a lot easier to make the right read when you are rarely under pressure.

Like I said, I wanted to see what would happen to his game when he's under duress a ton. So far it's mostly just been bama doing whatever they wanna do.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Smith is the goods.

He's not lasting past the top 10 for sure now.

I still think waddle fits our team better, but I think both are gone by 20.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:

I guarantee you Mitch overthrows all of those touch throws downfield. Hell, a lot of QBs would. You said in another post, and I agree with you, accuracy is accuracy, whether it’s Devonta Smith or not.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I mean yeah he has amazing WRs and Oline but he’s doing his part too. Outside of the fumble and maybe one or two throws everything has been on the money. He’s not real athletic but he’s not a stiff like Glennon. Haven’t watched Alabama this year but from what I’ve seen tonight he looks like a first round pick.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I guarantee you Mitch overthrows all of those touch throws downfield. Hell, a lot of QBs would. You said in another post, and I agree with you, accuracy is accuracy, whether it’s Devonta Smith or not.

Mitch definitely misses some of those throws

discplayer

Liked Posts:

Or trade down for an extra pick (if presents) and get him later in Rd 1?

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:

Good post. Totally agree.

And I also noticed something I had not observed before — he can zip it when he has to. The arm is there. Not a Rogers or Mahomes level arm — but good enough to play in the NFL. Especially because he thinks and anticipates so well.

msadows

Liked Posts:

I agree, but there is a difference between perfect throws into coverage and throws to wide open guys.

Mac has made a lot of great throws this year, but this game has been EZ mode for him.