The Build a Coaching Staff Game [Round 1]

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Saban and Belichick were both dB coaches as well. Paganos secondaries were phenomenal and went from a weakness to the teams strength. When the secondary for the Colts were healthy this year they were performing very well. He’s had shit to work with. Freeman was his best player on defense his entire tenure there.... To blame any of the Colts failures on him is overlooking the complete ineptitude of that horrible GM and owner.

Mularkey, however, is literally ruining a good young qb in epic fashion as we speak... why the fuck would you want that on the team?

Pagano was working with a bunch of hall of famers his entire time at Baltimore.

Gaucho

Liked Posts:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Patricia

Not sure how accurate this is, but he has an impressive resume. Should definitely be a guy that Pace brings in for an Interview. Pairing him with Kubiak could be really solid.
Would be hard to think up a pairing better than Patricia/Kubiak. The only problem I have is if the OC under Patricia has success with Trubisky, you have to imagine him getting HC offers. Then Trubs is stuck learning a new system with a new coordinator, again. Whereas you have an offensive minded HC the system never changes and it gives Trubisky a chance to develop and grow within one specific system. I think this was a driving factor in Cutler not fulfilling his potential.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
This is the guy I want in the film room with Trubs, not Mr. butt fumble.

I know Sanchez is not a very good player any longer, but he seems to have embraced the role of mentor wholeheartedly. Manning would obviously be better, and I think Sanchez will actually be the backup next year, but I don't think he would be a terrible QB coach.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know Sanchez is not a very good player any longer, but he seems to have embraced the role of mentor wholeheartedly. Manning would obviously be better, and I think Sanchez will actually be the backup next year, but I don't think he would be a terrible QB coach.

I honestly have no idea how good a QB coach Sanchez would make to be honest, but I don't know if he ever was a "good" player. Just kinda meh.....

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Would we need a tie to offensive coordinator? I'd think Mitchell Trubisky alone would have offensive coordinators flocking to Chicago.
If Kubiak is OC, I might be able to live with everything else.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Would be hard to think up a pairing better than Patricia/Kubiak. The only problem I have is if the OC under Patricia has success with Trubisky, you have to imagine him getting HC offers. Then Trubs is stuck learning a new system with a new coordinator, again. Whereas you have an offensive minded HC the system never changes and it gives Trubisky a chance to develop and grow within one specific system. I think this was a driving factor in Cutler not fulfilling his potential.
That's the beauty of Kubiak. He said he doesn't want to be head coach anymore because of the health concerns, but still wants to be an offensive coordinator. Pairing him with anyone, means he is sticking around.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Washington

Liked Posts:
What are people's thoughts on Todd Haley for HC? He has previous HC experience and has been successful as an OC with both AZ and Pitt.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
Head coach: Jeff Fischer
Offensive coordinator: loggains
Defensive coordinator: Marvin Lewis

ob1force

Liked Posts:
What are people's thoughts on Todd Haley for HC? He has previous HC experience and has been successful as an OC with both AZ and Pitt.

He's a solid candidate. I believe he's known as a "fiery" coach and that may rub some people the wrong way. Recently, he moved up to the booth to call plays and Big Ben apparently has been playing a lot better since he doesn't have to deal with his personality as much.

Haley might be somewhat of a risky choice. He definitely knows how to run an offense though.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
He was working in sales before the Patriots signed him. He talks really educated but doesn't seem like he would take shit from anyone.

[video=youtube_share;B3M2KQycYn0]https://youtu.be/B3M2KQycYn0[/video]

Can someone please get him some bass for his voice? Sounds like a white boy version of Mike Tyson.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can someone please get him some bass for his voice? Sounds like a white boy version of Mike Tyson.

Holy shit, I never heard him speak before. His voice doesn’t fit his look at all. LMAO!

Washington

Liked Posts:
He's a solid candidate. I believe he's known as a "fiery" coach and that may rub some people the wrong way. Recently, he moved up to the booth to call plays and Big Ben apparently has been playing a lot better since he doesn't have to deal with his personality as much.

Haley might be somewhat of a risky choice. He definitely knows how to run an offense though.

Fiery might be what this team needs. He's had success as a play caller and does have HC experience.

iffybiz

Liked Posts:
He also had nervous breakdown in KC. Was paranoid everything was bugged and they were out to get him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
I would be all aboard having Peyton Manning anywhere near the Bears offense.
Brad Paisley can be his assistant.
nandeagle_horiz_oys_3c.png

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I have a new game the rules are that you build the best coaching staff you can around a head coach candidate. I encourage you to look for possible connections and reasons for the coaches to work together.

Coaches who are fired and hit the market

Chicago [Ha Ha]

Houston

Tampa Bay

NYG

Indianapolis

Cincinnati

Oakland-Not Del Rio, but everyone else

Denver-Offensive staff

You can also use any coaches that are on the street right now [McCoy, Norv, McAdoo]

You must fill the positions,

OC:

QB:

DC:

Special Teams:

John DeFillipo

ap-johndefilippo-browns.jpg

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
HC: John DeFilippo

A young offensive mind with a lot of recent success in developing young QBs into star players, add in a year of play calling experience where he was not being over seen by an offensive coach and you have an interesting candidate. DeFilippo is probably a year or 2 away from being the "hot head coaching" candidate as he is not calling plays, although he should be for the Jets, and the Bears jump early.

012115-nfl-John-DeFilippo-pi-mp.vadapt.620.high_.31.jpg

OC: Greg Olson

Olson has a ton of play calling experience, which is a need with a younger offensive HC. Olson worked with DeFilippo in Oakland when Carr was drafted so they have a relationship and have had success with developing a young QB together. Olson has also spent the past 5 years working with young QBs, Carr, Bortles, Goff, and has been in developmental mode for half a decade.

img24406218.jpg

QB: Todd Downing

DeFilippo's replacement in Oakland working with Carr he has not been a good OC and it looks like he is going to be fired, but the Raiders thought so much of his work with Carr that they let Musgrave walk and tanked their offense. Carr to me is a ideal physical comparison for Trubisky and I would like him to be on a similar developmental path.

053017-Downing-cp.jpg

DC: Mike Pettine

Pettine was the HC in Cleveland when DeFilippo was the OC and to me Pettine is one of the most intriguing DC candidates on the market. Pettine runs an aggressive 3-4 and could step in and really groove with the personnel that the Bears have.

2014_Hard_Knocks_HBO_NFL_Browns_Mike_Pettine.jpg

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Holy shit, I never heard him speak before. His voice doesn’t fit his look at all. LMAO!

Hahahaha that was the first time i heard him speak as well. Ya gotta think he'd be getting clowned on by players at practice...lol

#FireEveryoneGeorge

Liked Posts:
HC: John DeFilippo

A young offensive mind with a lot of recent success in developing young QBs into star players, add in a year of play calling experience where he was not being over seen by an offensive coach and you have an interesting candidate. DeFilippo is probably a year or 2 away from being the "hot head coaching" candidate as he is not calling plays, although he should be for the Jets, and the Bears jump early.

012115-nfl-John-DeFilippo-pi-mp.vadapt.620.high_.31.jpg

OC: Greg Olson

Olson has a ton of play calling experience, which is a need with a younger offensive HC. Olson worked with DeFilippo in Oakland when Carr was drafted so they have a relationship and have had success with developing a young QB together. Olson has also spent the past 5 years working with young QBs, Carr, Bortles, Goff, and has been in developmental mode for half a decade.

img24406218.jpg

QB: Todd Downing

DeFilippo's replacement in Oakland working with Carr he has not been a good OC and it looks like he is going to be fired, but the Raiders thought so much of his work with Carr that they let Musgrave walk and tanked their offense. Carr to me is a ideal physical comparison for Trubisky and I would like him to be on a similar developmental path.

053017-Downing-cp.jpg

DC: Mike Pettine

Pettine was the HC in Cleveland when DeFilippo was the OC and to me Pettine is one of the most intriguing DC candidates on the market. Pettine runs an aggressive 3-4 and could step in and really groove with the personnel that the Bears have.

2014_Hard_Knocks_HBO_NFL_Browns_Mike_Pettine.jpg

This right here. I'd be extremely happy with that group.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Pace can't play this safe and I'm certain he knows this. He has to go for broke. He has nothing to lose.

Hire another meddling coach and his GM days are all but over.