The Chicago Bears are going to be “big players” at the quarterback market this offseason, per JayGlazer

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Big players my ass.
The GM and the HC are hopefully on the hot seat.
They have no cap room.
They no offensive line.
They don’t have a high draft choice.

No FA worth a damn would come here. They don’t have the draft capital for a trade.

They most likely will sign Mitch for cheap.

Other than that Mrs. Lincoln how was the play?

I mean, we heard all this stuff before. The Bears were never going to get Mack. Why would Robinson sign here when we don't know how good Trubisky is yet and he came from playing with Bortles as his QB? The Bears have been bad for 30 years, and that's never stopped them from getting anybody. Bears had the 18th pick when they traded for Cutler. They had no cap room last year when they added Robert Quinn for one of the richest FA contracts last offseason.

Point isn't whether those are good or bad moves, but history shows that cap room, hot seats, and high draft choices don't matter as much as most people think. The Bears can get anyone they want (except probably Trevor Lawrence) this offseason, depends on how bad they want him and how much they want to give up.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Goddamn. What a crazy QB market this year. I feel bad for Stafford. Dude is a warrior and gave his all in Detroit. One of two QBs in NFL history with 45K yards passing and less than 150 ints. Unreal.

Fucking garbage ass Lions.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Goddamn. What a crazy QB market this year. I feel bad for Stafford. Dude is a warrior and gave his all in Detroit. One of two QBs in NFL history with 45K yards passing and less than 150 ints. Unreal.

I agree.

Reactions: DC
Liked Posts:
I mean, we heard all this stuff before. The Bears were never going to get Mack. Why would Robinson sign here when we don't know how good Trubisky is yet and he came from playing with Bortles as his QB? The Bears have been bad for 30 years, and that's never stopped them from getting anybody. Bears had the 18th pick when they traded for Cutler. They had no cap room last year when they added Robert Quinn for one of the richest FA contracts last offseason.

Point isn't whether those are good or bad moves, but history shows that cap room, hot seats, and high draft choices don't matter as much as most people think. The Bears can get anyone they want (except probably Trevor Lawrence) this offseason, depends on how bad they want him and how much they want to give up.

And what is it exactly about Ryan Pace and quarterbacks that gives you any confidence whatsoever?

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
And what is it exactly about Ryan Pace and quarterbacks that gives you any confidence whatsoever?

I didn't say I had confidence in Pace. I said that all the negative things about this franchise aren't a big factor. If they give Dak the most money, he'll sign. If they give the Texans the most picks, they'll trade. If they convince Watson they made a mistake in the draft and he can take them from 8 wins to contenders, he'll accept.

That being said, this would be different because Pace would be going after an established QB instead of a drafted one. And I know, he signed Glennon and traded for Foles, but those were all moves made based on Mitch Trubisky being the QB of the future. Trubisky is not a factor anymore. If the Bears go trade or FA, then Pace's QB evaluations aren't really a factor at that point either.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Imagine mortgaging your house, and taking out as many loans as you can to buy a brand new Bentley, and having to park it on the street every night because you don't have a garage to put it in?

Thats what the Bears would be doing by acquiring a high end QB with this O line, and coaching staff

Imagine being so stupid you want to continually drag out average or worse QB's.

Toast88

Liked Posts:

He’ll probably finish top 4-5 in all time passing yards if he lasts another handful of years.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:

No He SuCkS

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Derek Carr in the last 2 seasons has thrown for 8000 yards and 50+ TDs.

You are not getting him for a 2nd and a 4th or any of the other deals mentioned. The cheapest I see him being traded for is 2 2nd round picks, but he is better than Alex Smith when that deal happened.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Watson wouldn't be effective with this O line and coaching staff.. Better than what we have?..Yes, but no star!

False. Watson had shitty OLs before and excelled. Watson was pressured on 36% of dropbacks this year. Foles 35% and 4M just 25%. Watson had the 5th best passer rating when pressured. So sorry, your premise is not supported by reality.

With Nagys play calling?

Nagy sucks as a coach largely because he couldn't change his offense to suit 4M. Watson eliminates that problem as he can run Nagy's offense as designed. Nagy only came up under one offensive system. He was never going to be adept at trying to create a new offense because he doesn't have the experience in multiple kinds of offenses. He has the experience in the KC offense which he can run with Watson. There is a reason why Lazor was the playcaller when they redesigned the O for 4M because he had a more diverse offensive background in terms of schemes.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Derek Carr in the last 2 seasons has thrown for 8000 yards and 50+ TDs.

You are not getting him for a 2nd and a 4th or any of the other deals mentioned. The cheapest I see him being traded for is 2 2nd round picks, but he is better than Alex Smith when that deal happened.

Carr probably costs you a first round realistically.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
False. Watson had shitty OLs before and excelled. Watson was pressured on 36% of dropbacks this year. Foles 35% and 4M just 25%. Watson had the 5th best passer rating when pressured. So sorry, your premise is not supported by reality.

Nagy sucks as a coach largely because he couldn't change his offense to suit 4M. Watson eliminates that problem as he can run Nagy's offense as designed. Nagy only came up under one offensive system. He was never going to be adept at trying to create a new offense because he doesn't have the experience in multiple kinds of offenses. He has the experience in the KC offense which he can run with Watson. There is a reason why Lazor was the playcaller when they redesigned the O for 4M because he had a more diverse offensive background in terms of schemes.
And still couldn’t put together an GWD or a 4th quarter comeback.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mike, Mitch, and Nick all say hi. Be curious to see what #2 overall Turdbiscuit nets the Bears in a trade.....oh wait, NM.

It would be hilarious if the Lions brought in Trubisky to be their bridge while they bring along their new draft pick...

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

It was Stafford that wanted out I believe. After they fired Patricia, I heard he wanted no part of a rebuild

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It was Stafford that wanted out I believe. After they fired Patricia, I heard he wanted no part of a rebuild
After he learned Bevel would be leaving, that is when he made his decision.