The Chicago Bears are going to be “big players” at the quarterback market this offseason, per JayGlazer

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Heard today on xm that there is a rumor the bears are looking at trying to aquire Cousins? Prob just more speculation but Pace prob knows he can't compete for the big dogs so maybe he's thinking unconventional... Why not Fitzpatrick for free and draft a 2nd - 3rd rounder

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Heard today on xm that there is a rumor the bears are looking at trying to aquire Cousins? Prob just more speculation but Pace prob knows he can't compete for the big dogs so maybe he's thinking unconventional... Why not Fitzpatrick for free and draft a 2nd - 3rd rounder
Gross

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
I believe you that this was talked about, but I didn't even need this information in my head.

I think they extended Cousins to defer cap hits , so I believe he is over $30mm this coming year and something crazy like $45mm the following year. It might be even worse if he gets traded. I don't think this works for either team.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How exactly can an announcement be eminent when the season isn't over and the trade deadline has passed? It would be quite dumb to lock themselves into a trade now when a lot can happen between now and the start of the new NFL season.
Season is over for the teams involved, and it would not be the first time a trade has transpired (in principle) super bowl week.

Teams can agree in principle to trades ahead of the commencing of the new league year, although the deals cannot officially go through until the league year begins anew. When Alex Smith was traded from the Kansas City Chiefs to the Washington Football Team, it was agreed upon in January and became official in March.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Season is over for the teams involved, and it would not be the first time a trade has transpired (in principle) super bowl week.

Teams can agree in principle to trades ahead of the commencing of the new league year, although the deals cannot officially go through until the league year begins anew. When Alex Smith was traded from the Kansas City Chiefs to the Washington Football Team, it was agreed upon in January and became official in March.

Yes I know they can agree in principle hence why I said it would be quite dumb to lock themselves into one now. I was saying that more so to say I didn't believe the story because it was long past the 20 minutes the story claimed. Clearly no announcement was in fact imminent.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Rapsheet confirmed bears have reached out to the Texans. I’d forgive cunt face for all of his sins if he can pull off this trade without draft-bankrupting us for 4-5 years.
This would honestly be the ONE move Ryan Pace could make that I would not blame him for it it went south

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

It must hurt to always be wrong.......

nobody......SMDH
Wait this isn't a click bait article becauseit suits your agenda lol

If teams are dumb enough to trade a 1st for Stafford then go right ahead. I see Stafford as another Kirk Cousins, people believe if he is put on a more talented team he'll thrive but it won't happen

Reality is it won't help Detroit. Your lions will still be the NFL doormat

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Stafford going for 2nd day picks per reports.