The Chicago Bears are going to be “big players” at the quarterback market this offseason, per JayGlazer

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
And if Mrs. O'Leary's cow didn't kick over the lantern.

This is the Bears. They aren't going to offer Dak the most money. They aren't going to offer the Texans the most picks. That's just mental masturbation.

They also aren't going to be in contention to trade for a QB with a no trade clause (Watson) who they fucked over on draft day.

The only time with Pace that "this would be different" is the content of corn and peanuts in the shit pile he leaves with whatever he touches.

Nagy needs to be fired.

Pace needs to be fired.

You're right. The Bears have never given up multiple 1st round picks for a player and then paid him to be the highest paid in the league at his position. Definitely haven't done it under Pace. Definitely haven't done it on 2 different occasions. The Bears aren't the only team that "fucked Watson over" by not selecting him. One of the rumored top choices, the Jets, also didn't pick him, only to trade up the next year for the QB they would be replacing with him.

And yes, Nagy and Pace need to be fired, we been thru this 100 times. They aren't fired yet though, so they are likely to make a big move, like the title of this thread says, because they need to. And lets not act like Pace hasn't made big moves before.

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
You're right. The Bears have never given up multiple 1st round picks for a player and then paid him to be the highest paid in the league at his position. Definitely haven't done it under Pace. Definitely haven't done it on 2 different occasions. The Bears aren't the only team that "fucked Watson over" by not selecting him. One of the rumored top choices, the Jets, also didn't pick him, only to trade up the next year for the QB they would be replacing with him.

And yes, Nagy and Pace need to be fired, we been thru this 100 times. They aren't fired yet though, so they are likely to make a big move, like the title of this thread says, because they need to. And lets not act like Pace hasn't made big moves before.
It's funny how narrow of a lens we view this. Yes, Pace deserves every bit of criticism he gets, but you are correct about the Jets, and it's funny to me how SF escapes any criticism. Shanny/Lynch decided on Jimmy G and Soloman Thomas over Mahomes or Watson. Imagine what that team would be with one of those two?

Nagy wasn't here when Pace drafted Mitch, so I don't think Watson would hold him to anything, although he just might think he's as terrible as most of us do.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
It's funny how narrow of a lens we view this. Yes, Pace deserves every bit of criticism he gets, but you are correct about the Jets, and it's funny to me how SF escapes any criticism. Shanny/Lynch decided on Jimmy G and Soloman Thomas over Mahomes or Watson. Imagine what that team would be with one of those two?

Nagy wasn't here when Pace drafted Mitch, so I don't think Watson would hold him to anything, although he just might think he's as terrible as most of us do.

Yeah, I'm not saying Pace WILL come out of this offseason with Watson, Prescott, Rodgers or Stafford. But there's no reason to believe Pace doesn't have the ammo to get one, the balls to pull it off, or that players will refuse to come here.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Was Nagy on the same staff as Bienemy?

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
Was Nagy on the same staff as Bienemy?
Yes, he succeeded Nagy as the OC for KC. He was the RB coach when Nagy was OC. I also believe Nagy was heavily involved in the Chiefs QB draft that year and met with Watson.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the author meant, “the bears are going to get played big at the quarterback position . Teams looking to unload their journeyman quarterbacks, fear not. Ryan Pace is here with his future 4th round picks to wheel and deal like they are pez.”

85Bears

Formerly known as 85Bears
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have a hard time believing 10 teams are interested in Stafford.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears should offer their first for Stafford. This offense would improve faster than any player they can add there.

If someone pays more, fine, but I'd at least give them the offer and hope its highest. Nagy needs to stretch the defense to open up the underneath for Montgomery and Mooney. There are only so many big armed QB's...if you want to run this offense you need to accurately stretch the field, imo.

Brady is so accurate and fast underneath it actually opens up his wild shots downfield, but usually the reverse is true. Stafford can scare people back 5 yards and thats what we need.

Last edited:

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
The Bears should offer their first for Stafford. This offense would improve faster than any player they can add there.

If someone pays more, fine, but I'd at least give them the offer and hope its highest. Nagy needs to stretch the defense to open up the underneath for Montgomery and Mooney. There are only so many big armed QB's...if you want to run this offense you need to accurately stretch the field, imo.

Brady is so accurate and fast underneath it actually opens up his wild shots downfield, but usually the reverse is true. Stafford can scare people back 5 yards and thats what we need.
I think Stafford is very overrated, but I am warming up to this idea. He makes a defense cover the entire field and I think that's been the biggest issue for the Bears with Mitch. The plug and play option is nice, but they have to find a way to improve their offensive tackles if they get Stafford. Giving up this years first is counter productive to that.

Liked Posts:
Stafford is an upgrade, no doubt... But knowing the Bears, they will think that once they get him they can stop the QB search because they found "The Guy". Nothing could be further from the truth

Stafford would be a band aid. He’s 32. Three years. Maybe four. He ain’t Tom Brady playing for another ten years.

I’ll take him over Mitch and it’s likely Stafford gets us into the playoffs and even wins a game or two provided our defense doesn’t totally shit the bed under a rookie DC.

coolio

Liked Posts:
Stafford would be a band aid. He’s 32. Three years. Maybe four. He ain’t Tom Brady playing for another ten years.

I’ll take him over Mitch and it’s likely Stafford gets us into the playoffs and even wins a game or two provided our defense doesn’t totally shit the bed under a rookie DC.
He could play at a high level for maybe five more years, it would be worth it. QBs are playing at high level in old age

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
He could play at a high level for maybe five more years, it would be worth it. QBs are playing at high level in old age

Don't know if we should expect five years with his back issues. We've seen those end careers prematurely like Romo.

Trading for him is still a no brainer though.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rapsheet confirmed bears have reached out to the Texans. I’d forgive cunt face for all of his sins if he can pull off this trade without draft-bankrupting us for 4-5 years.