The Chicago Bears are going to be “big players” at the quarterback market this offseason, per JayGlazer

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
Seattle paid two first rounders and a third for a safety - one of the best players in the league but still a safety. It’s hard to even get your head around how much a QB at Watson’s age with his numbers would cost. Four 1st rounders? I’d love to get him but the price will just be too high.

menacemanic

Liked Posts:
Seattle paid two first rounders and a third for a safety - one of the best players in the league but still a safety. It’s hard to even get your head around how much a QB at Watson’s age with his numbers would cost. Four 1st rounders? I’d love to get him but the price will just be too high.

Yep which is why we should focus on the draft Nagy is a lame duck.I feel bad for pace he has improved alot unlike Nagy.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
What would you like to bet?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Just because they gave that much away doesn’t mean it was worth it or that the team they gave them too wouldn’t of taken less....not sure what the negotiations were like.
An awful team might be awful with him and giving away draft capital and players may not help a bad team.
A good team......generally has a good quarterback

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They had a segment on ESPN 1000 yesterday where they talked about the possibility of trading up into the top 10 to snag Justin Fields if he falls.

He appears to be falling in mock drafts, for whatever reason. Kiper and McShay both have him going #7 to the Lions, and Ryan Wilson with CBS Sports has him going #15 to the Patriots.

(I know, I know, mock drafts suck---but hey, a topic of fun conversation.)

As has been established, the Bears at #20 would appear to have enough ammo to get into the latter part of the top 10 without trading the farm.
Problem, the teams at 7, 8, 9 all need QBs.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Lol, take the bet chump. Read the article, it's click bait.
Why would I take a bet over something I have zero control over? If a team is dumb enough to lose a first round pick for a loser than by all means

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
Sounds like some teams are getting concerned the injuries are piling up on Stafford. Multiple core injures - back, ribs, hips - that don't age well when you get in your thirties. No doubt he'll get moved, but the market may need to work itself out a bit. So many moving parts this year.

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
Problem, the teams at 7, 8, 9 all need QBs.
A lot to happen before then, but I think you need to target Atl or Philly. The hard part is NFL teams have not done their QB evaluations yet, which are always much different than the mock drafts. With reports of Mac Jones looking good at the Sr. bowl, could he move into the top 15? It still seems crazy to have 5 qb's in the top 15.

I guess the top half of the draft teams could stay out of the vet QB sweepstakes. I would expect Indy, Den, and WFT to be in on the veteran route.

kalmavet

Liked Posts:
Stafford is good. He'd instantly be the most accomplished qb the bears ever had, statistically at least (not that he's coming here). But he's on the wrong side of 30, the back injury is a major concern, and with younger and better qbs possibly available, it's difficult to predict the market for him.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sounds like some teams are getting concerned the injuries are piling up on Stafford. Multiple core injures - back, ribs, hips - that don't age well when you get in your thirties. No doubt he'll get moved, but the market may need to work itself out a bit. So many moving parts this year.

It's a crap article. It's all about how you spin it to get clicks. it contains the same information as this article:

Long story short, so far 10 teams have inquired. San Fran seems to be in the lead.........

10 teams out of 32, that is 1/3 the league, but the article claims that it should be half the league, which is ludicrous. They have the jags, with the number1 pick and sure to take Lawrence, as one team that should be making offers.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Stafford is good. He'd instantly be the most accomplished qb the bears ever had, statistically at least (not that he's coming here). But he's on the wrong side of 30, the back injury is a major concern, and with younger and better qbs possibly available, it's difficult to predict the market for him.
People said the Same about Aaron Rodgers when he suffered a few injuries, how did that play out?

kalmavet

Liked Posts:
People said the Same about Aaron Rodgers when he suffered a few injuries, how did that play out?

1. No they didn't. No one ever analyzed a trade market for Rodgers based on a back injury when better and younger qbs were also available, which is the context here. The conversation isn't "can qb x recover from injury?" but "why might teams be hesitant about acquiring him?"

2. Rodgers recovering from whatever injury you're hypothetically talking about (he never had anything chronic like a back injury afaik) has no bearing on how teams feel about Stafford. Stafford has been starting since, what age 21? Rodgers sat for 3years. Very difference careers. Different players, different injuries, different just above everything.

3. I like Stafford all things considered. I think he gets a bad rap after being on so many bad teams. I hope he goes somewhere like indy and wins big. But it's not at all difficult to understand why the market isn't that hot for him right now

That said, the article expecting 2/3 of the league to be interested and have expressed said interest before the superbowl is pretty absurd