The Chicago Bears are going to be “big players” at the quarterback market this offseason, per JayGlazer

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Always been a fan of Stafford. Would instantly be the best QB in franchise history if the Bears got him ( not happening though).

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Added up the Bears all time leaders in passing yards and the top 29 all time combine for a total of 195,591 yards. Brees and Brady combine for 159,562 yards.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Always been a fan of Stafford. Would instantly be the best QB in franchise history if the Bears got him ( not happening though).
Hope it doesn't too. Wrong side of 30
Constant loser
Sucks under pressure

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Added up the Bears all time leaders in passing yards and the top 29 all time combine for a total of 195,591 yards. Brees and Brady combine for 159,562 yards.
PAIN.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
And still couldn’t put together an GWD or a 4th quarter comeback.

If you are referring to Watson, he has 8 4QC and 10 GW drives which despite not having any in 2020 is still more than 4M who only has 5 and 7. This despite 4M having a much better D to help him.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He just led the league in passing on a dysfunctional team that fired their coach after 4 games and who has worse weapons than the Bears.

The OLs are probably close to a push.

I'd take the Bears OLine over Texans any day.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Derek Carr in the last 2 seasons has thrown for 8000 yards and 50+ TDs.

You are not getting him for a 2nd and a 4th or any of the other deals mentioned. The cheapest I see him being traded for is 2 2nd round picks, but he is better than Alex Smith when that deal happened.

I've never been a GM in the NFL or anywhere around a NFL front office to have any idea what it would cost in draft picks to get D,Carr but i'd definitely be interested in trading for him. I don't think he could take us to a SB but i do think he could get us in the playoffs and win in at least the first round, and know he would give us a legit QB that can spin it and make all the throws and i'll take that all day every day with the many years of bad QB play we've had.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I didn't say I had confidence in Pace. I said that all the negative things about this franchise aren't a big factor. If they give Dak the most money, he'll sign. If they give the Texans the most picks, they'll trade. If they convince Watson they made a mistake in the draft and he can take them from 8 wins to contenders, he'll accept.

That being said, this would be different because Pace would be going after an established QB instead of a drafted one. And I know, he signed Glennon and traded for Foles, but those were all moves made based on Mitch Trubisky being the QB of the future. Trubisky is not a factor anymore. If the Bears go trade or FA, then Pace's QB evaluations aren't really a factor at that point either.

Lot of Ifs there....

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I've never been a GM in the NFL or anywhere around a NFL front office to have any idea what it would cost in draft picks to get D,Carr but i'd definitely be interested in trading for him. I don't think he could take us to a SB but i do think he could get us in the playoffs and win in at least the first round, and know he would give us a legit QB that can spin it and make all the throws and i'll take that all day every day with the many years of bad QB play we've had.
You love D Carr?

I guess we won't look for you to be in an NFL front offic eon the future, either.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
You love D Carr?

I guess we won't look for you to be in an NFL front offic eon the future, either.

Can you do me a favor and show me where i said i love D.Carr cause i can't seem to find it?

You can now run and hide like others who get called out for saying someone said something they never said.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
False. Watson had shitty OLs before and excelled. Watson was pressured on 36% of dropbacks this year. Foles 35% and 4M just 25%. Watson had the 5th best passer rating when pressured. So sorry, your premise is not supported by reality.

Nagy sucks as a coach largely because he couldn't change his offense to suit 4M. Watson eliminates that problem as he can run Nagy's offense as designed. Nagy only came up under one offensive system. He was never going to be adept at trying to create a new offense because he doesn't have the experience in multiple kinds of offenses. He has the experience in the KC offense which he can run with Watson. There is a reason why Lazor was the playcaller when they redesigned the O for 4M because he had a more diverse offensive background in terms of schemes.
Ralphie...You're not getting that BB gun, no matter what you say!

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Stafford actually makes the most sense if they don’t draft a QB in round 1. Almost 33, and has a reasonable cap hit for 3 more years. Won’t break the bank and won’t take too much draft capital to acquire.

The Bears can then draft a QB in 2022 and sit him a year if they feel they have to.

I don’t think it will happen though, for 2 reasons. Lions won’t trade him to a team in the NFCN, and Stafford may want to get out of the north (he’s a GA guy).

If they did get him though, it’s a great option for 3 years and he instantly becomes the best QB the Bears have ever had, and it’s not close.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Stafford actually makes the most sense if they don’t draft a QB in round 1. Almost 33, and has a reasonable cap hit for 3 more years. Won’t break the bank and won’t take too much draft capital to acquire.

The Bears can then draft a QB in 2022 and sit him a year if they feel they have to.

I don’t think it will happen though, for 2 reasons. Lions won’t trade him to a team in the NFCN, and Stafford may want to get out of the north (he’s a GA guy).

If they did get him though, it’s a great option for 3 years and he instantly becomes the best QB the Bears have ever had, and it’s not close.
But what would it take to get him? Only way im trading for Stafford is if it cost like a two 3rds. If we give up a first then we got hosed. Only two QBs I'm giving up a first or multiple first for is Watson and Rodgers. Stafford can lose somewhere else