The Crappy Bears QB you hyped up the most discussion

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Hutchinson is a pretty good mention. That Vikings game was out of nowhere and I remember heading into 2005 it was supposed to be Hutch vs Grossman for the starting spot, at the very least Hutch was supposed to be a high end backup. IIRC Hutch was so bad after a preseason game or two that he was cut.

He definitely was supposed to start after Grossman broke his ankle. I wanna say it was the Bills preseason game where he basically showed how bad he was.

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
MCNOWN was the biggest disappointment as far as a pick, but how about Jason Campbell? I thought we had a very good backup, but he was horrendous.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone who hypes Daniels is dead to me.

Dude had a championship team around him at Missouri, and played like Rex Grossman as a pro at the college level. Noodle arm. Bad decisions. No mobility.

I'm not sure there is a single thing he does well, I have no idea how he continues to bounce around as a back-up, but notice he never gets a shot and moves on. Guy is a horrid football player.

rextc

Liked Posts:
After watching Bob Avellini and Mike Phipps stinking up the place. I thought Vince Evans was going to be the stud QB for years. I was so wrong...

Sent from my SM-G530R4 using Tapatalk

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I agree, he may well be the worst QB to ever put on a Bears' uniform. Just plain awful.

It might be a tie between he and the Unmighty Quinn?

james sanders

DE/OLB
Liked Posts:
Rex in 06 was the most inconsistent Quarterbacking ive ever seen. He would throw 5 touchdown with a perfect rating and then the next week turn the ball over 6 times. what the hell

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Has there ever been a "Rusty" in the history of sports that was good?

f8ec7c3bcde3b8915aedd75b7892e8de.jpg

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I had faith, for some reason, in Cade McFuckingNown

policeman

Son of beech
Liked Posts:
Rusty Litsch

One of my earliest Bears memories is being at a Bears/Packers game- has to be 83 or 84. It's late season. Bears starter is hurt- Lisch is playing QB. He's playing QB so badly- that Ditka pulls him and puts in Walter Payton at QB for a series. Soldier Field crown went crazy.

But, I digress. I think PT Willis. I remember reading a stroke job of an article about him during pre-season- before I learned to eschew pre-season fluff pieces- the author described that PT WIllis- unlike other Bears QB- actually anticipated his receivers coming out of the break- and threw the ball based on timing and anticipation. At the time- that sounded great to me. I believeed - that if given a chance and the right coaching- PT Willis would be great. Damn was that dumb.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I have to vote most recent hype for me personally would be Hanie. Shane Matthews is the other one I thought should get more playing time.

Last edited:

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
I have not read this whole thread but Cutler has to be the leader. Sure he is a good QB, but I expected our first franchise QB in him.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I agree, he may well be the worst QB to ever put on a Bears' uniform. Just plain awful.

"You've not seen nothing like the Unmighty Quinn"!