The deafening silence coming out of Halas Hall

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I feel like we don’t usually get a vote of confidence in the coach until the postseason presser several days after the last game. This is “normal” for the Bears.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:

Beast15

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is what the delay is for. Everyone is safe, and George has a team of consultants helping him craft an explanation that doesn't sound as pathetic and stupid as praising leadership during a six game losing streak.
Getsy, at minimum, should not be safe.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
My guess is that they're wanting Harbaugh and will shitcan Eberflus for him but not for another OC/DC looking to make the jump. Even still, i'd like to see Getsy sent out to pasture already to throw us fans a bone!
How do you do that with Rooney Rule in place?

Can't have your cake and eat it too, wouldn't surprise me though that the Bears have no idea what they're doing.

zabavka

Liked Posts:
This is what the delay is for. Everyone is safe, and George has a team of consultants helping him craft an explanation that doesn't sound as pathetic and stupid as praising leadership during a six game losing streak.
Just wait for tomorrow. You'll swear you have lived the press conference before.

Cause you have

Nelly

Liked Posts:

Can't have your cake and eat it too, wouldn't surprise me though that the Bears have no idea what they're doing.
I'm not sure. They'd have to go through back channels I suppose, and gauge his interest. If he wants to, then tell him to sit tight, fire Eberflus, interview some random indian or chinese high school coaches and then hire Harbaugh a week later?

mikeyk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
George is probably calling all of the available candidates to see which ones are open to being pegged by a 101 year old Franchise Owner.

"Mom's bored with me and Flus. 6'0" or taller preferred. Previous experience discouraged, of course".

BradyJay

Liked Posts:

Yeah at the end of the day, as sad as it is, that's may guess too. Its probably not Poles decision to make on his own and they don't know what to do, collectively. Everything can be different with the Bears but nothing ever changes.

zabavka

Liked Posts:
Yeah at the end of the day, as sad as it is, that's may guess too. Its probably not Poles decision to make on his own and they don't know what to do, collectively. Everything can be different with the Bears but nothing ever changes.
Ownership has always been the issue.

They don't know what to do but insist on making the decisions.

Insecure cowards with massive egos.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Flus is staying IMO.

At best they may replace Getsy with an OC familiar with the Shanny system who is capable of becoming a HC in 2025. And even if thry do I think they keep Getsy on as he is young and could probably use some mentoring from the new OC.

Then for 2024 if the new OC is great and they dont want to keep Flus, they promote the new OC to HC.

If Flus does great then he stays and if the new OC gets a HC gig then you promote Janocko or give it back to Getsy after he has had a year to learn from the new OC.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
My guess is that they're wanting Harbaugh and will shitcan Eberflus for him but not for another OC/DC looking to make the jump. Even still, i'd like to see Getsy sent out to pasture already to throw us fans a bone!
You might be right but I’d still prefer an unknown yet promising OC like Johnson or Slowik over Flusy Goosey. Whether they roll it back with Fields or draft a QB, they need an offensive guy that knows what the fuck they’re doing. It should be *the* most important thing.

zabavka

Liked Posts:
Poles gave us the answer when he said he deleted his social media.

That right there tells me he doesn't want to hear it this offseason because he knew he's bringing everyone back.

Dstone5553

Liked Posts:
With Eberflus heavily rumored to being in a precarious position, if Poles was all in on him we would have already had a statement as such by now. The silence certainly lends one to believe that Poles is poking around, maybe at Harbaugh, maybe even trying to read the tea leaves on what NE may do with BB.

Change for change sake would just set the team back another 2-3 yr coaching cycle. I think Poles is looking at knock it out of the park HC moves and if none come to fruition, he will just stay with a guy that lacks flare but is a player respected steady hand for one more year.
But the lack of news coming out of Halas Hall is about as loud a statement as you could get at this moment.
Last thing this team needs is Bill Belichick.

Reactions: chi

Brownie

Liked Posts:
Watch them all come out in harmony at the press conference tomorrow
giphy.gif

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Can them already. Houston proved you can win with a new coach (rookie coach), new OC (1st time calling plays), and a rookie QB.
It’s about all the pieces falling into place and working out right together. To many things at play and a few things going haywire, will derail a season. This is why some head coaches that get fired for sucking, they are good the second time due to getting lucky with their hires, players and coaches. And vise versa. Just because a coach or player checks out all the boxes doesn’t mean he’s going to pan out. It’s still a risk that nobody knows how they will turn out. But you have to try and hope you get lucky.

Ragtag

Liked Posts:
There is too much indecision already...... Where are you Ted when we need you the most? You've always brought clarity with your presence. Please, George, find him and reach out. Ohhhhhhhhhh. ........... Ted, where are you?