The deafening silence coming out of Halas Hall

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Flus is staying IMO.

At best they may replace Getsy with an OC familiar with the Shanny system who is capable of becoming a HC in 2025. And even if thry do I think they keep Getsy on as he is young and could probably use some mentoring from the new OC.

Then for 2024 if the new OC is great and they dont want to keep Flus, they promote the new OC to HC.

If Flus does great then he stays and if the new OC gets a HC gig then you promote Janocko or give it back to Getsy after he has had a year to learn from the new OC.
This team has given you mush branes

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
If Fields stays, it just makes too much sense to pursue Roman for OC. However, if Harbaugh is indeed jumping to the NFL, he will probably be calling Roman to be his OC again.

I doubt Harbaugh comes to CHI FWIW

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Sounds to me like they are all staying. Only wild card would be Getsy. I agree with Dan Bernstein. Do you really let the coach do 9 hours of exit interviews if you plan on firing him? You probably would wish for him to leave Halas hall asap and not fuck anything else up.

And if Warren is really the new brains behind the whole regime, would he really hire Harbaugh and give up on Poles?

Black Monday was yesterday. And no news was the news IMO. The reason for no press conference is because Eberflus is under contract and it's business as usual. They have a lot to go over this week and appeasing the fans for something they were never gonna do isn't one of them.

At most Getsy is fired.
and that just goes back to why i think they just might still be evaluating things. Maybe they're waiting to see what options they have beyond next week. Maybe that's me just holding out hope that there is someone at Halas Hall trying to set a new standard.

Titans waited until today to boot Vrabel. Maybe options are being weighed.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
and that just goes back to why i think they just might still be evaluating things. Maybe they're waiting to see what options they have beyond next week. Maybe that's me just holding out hope that there is someone at Halas Hall trying to set a new standard.

Titans waited until today to boot Vrabel. Maybe options are being weighed.

I just don't see it. General consensus from players is that they really like Flus. He didn't lose the locker room like Nagy and Trestman did so it just isn't time to give up is what I think they are thinking.

It started rough. But he figured it out and improved the team. I think they are 💯 in on Flus.

But today it would be neat if Flus says "Yeah, let's shoot Getsy into outer space "

The Harbaugh situation could be like the Craig Counsel/Rossy situation but I don't see it. I don't see how they could start building something and tear it down when the arrow is pointing up.

First four weeks of the season though, I was wondering how the heck the Bears could be worse than the previous year! How could that be possible? But they figured shit out.

One more draft could really set up this team.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Here’s the thing, if they wanted to keep Eberflus, they would have announced it a long time ago. Now they are probably waiting to see who is available and if it makes sense for a new coach. if it doesn’t, they keep Eberflus and they let the fans know that they thought about it really really hard and after dissecting everything, it just made sense to keep Eberflus, because his plan is play and the arrow is pointing up.

They will hope that the fans see it as a tough, hard decision.

Damn it Bears!!!!!

dignan

Liked Posts:
Unlike the QB decision, this decision is low-hanging fruit, especially if both coordinators are being replaced. Where would Eberflus rank among the coaches available in this cycle? Next to last after Rivera? Get him out of here!

Jim Harbaugh
Mike Vrabel
Belichick
Ben Johnson
Dan Quinn
Eric Bieniemy
Bobby Slowik
Ron Rivera

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What's his status? Would they need to exhume him?
As if Virginia would ever let them investigate the dark arts that have rendered her immortal. Her children would only use that forbidden knowledge to reverse her condition to inherit their fortune at long last.

Besides, the only person Virginia ever shared that knowledge with was Reinsdorf when he got her three-sheets on Peach Schnapps, lecherously seduced the cobwebs out of her dusty “bat cave,” and ultimately used said knowledge for pure malevolence: reanimating the bones of Tony La Russa for a manager stint with the Sox.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Unlike the QB decision, this decision is low-hanging fruit, especially if both coordinators are being replaced. Where would Eberflus rank among the coaches available in this cycle? Next to last after Rivera? Get him out of here!

Jim Harbaugh
Mike Vrabel
Belichick
Ben Johnson
Dan Quinn
Eric Bieniemy
Bobby Slowik
Ron Rivera
You can punt bienemy to the moon because he's awful. But add Joe Brady, Todd monken, Brian Flores and the Ravens dc to that list as better options than flus

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I just don't see it. General consensus from players is that they really like Flus. He didn't lose the locker room like Nagy and Trestman did so it just isn't time to give up is what I think they are thinking.

It started rough. But he figured it out and improved the team. I think they are 💯 in on Flus.

But today it would be neat if Flus says "Yeah, let's shoot Getsy into outer space "

The Harbaugh situation could be like the Craig Counsel/Rossy situation but I don't see it. I don't see how they could start building something and tear it down when the arrow is pointing up.

First four weeks of the season though, I was wondering how the heck the Bears could be worse than the previous year! How could that be possible? But they figured shit out.

One more draft could really set up this team.
Nagy was emasculating the QB in front of the locker room, not taking player feedback and bailing on players during the meetings and it wasn't until year 4 where the cracks started to show. These guys are pros and say the right things. There has been multiple players criticizing game plans while taking with a smile.

Not. Buying. It.

Sorry unc!

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Nagy was emasculating the QB in front of the locker room, not taking player feedback and bailing on players during the meetings and it wasn't until year 4 where the cracks started to show. These guys are pros and say the right things. There has been multiple players criticizing game plans while taking with a smile.

Not. Buying. It.

Sorry unc!

My personal opinion is there is a case to start over and a case to keep it going.

If Fields is gone, I'd rather they fire Flus and company. But if they are in on Fields, the best decision might be to keep it all going.

If they can get Harbaugh, IDGAF what they do.

They have me intrigued as always though.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This is what the delay is for. Everyone is safe, and George has a team of consultants helping him craft an explanation that doesn't sound as pathetic and stupid as praising leadership during a six game losing streak.
When he does this, I hope that the city of Chicago treats the fucker like he has leprosy. Seriously, shun the fuck out of him. And I hope every agent out there is taking note, and every early round QB states matter of factly that they refuse to sign with the Bears, because George-Fuck-Face-McCaskey has anything to do with the team.

I don’t even want this fucker working a concession stand.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That is beyond sick, just so you know, made me want to barf.
As it should. With that, do you think that competent coaching candidates feel about it?

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Sounds to me like they are all staying. Only wild card would be Getsy. I agree with Dan Bernstein. Do you really let the coach do 9 hours of exit interviews if you plan on firing him? You probably would wish for him to leave Halas hall asap and not fuck anything else up.

And if Warren is really the new brains behind the whole regime, would he really hire Harbaugh and give up on Poles?

Black Monday was yesterday. And no news was the news IMO. The reason for no press conference is because Eberflus is under contract and it's business as usual. They have a lot to go over this week and appeasing the fans for something they were never gonna do isn't one of them.

At most Getsy is fired.

Supposedly Vrabel did his.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’m pretty sure his exit interview is today or tomorrow. I would expect something announced tomorrow or Thursday.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is what the delay is for. Everyone is safe, and George has a team of consultants helping him craft an explanation that doesn't sound as pathetic and stupid as praising leadership during a six game losing streak.
Ya total reetard George is

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
You people take this shit too seriously.

Whatever happens will. Reading the tea leaves or not.

Go touch grass or smell flowers or something