The deafening silence coming out of Halas Hall

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You might be right but I’d still prefer an unknown yet promising OC like Johnson or Slowik over Flusy Goosey. Whether they roll it back with Fields or draft a QB, they need an offensive guy that knows what the fuck they’re doing. It should be *the* most important thing.

If Flus sucks then not sure why we would chose as HC the guy that Flus soft D outplayed for 7 out of 8 quarters.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
With Eberflus heavily rumored to being in a precarious position, if Poles was all in on him we would have already had a statement as such by now. The silence certainly lends one to believe that Poles is poking around, maybe at Harbaugh, maybe even trying to read the tea leaves on what NE may do with BB.

Change for change sake would just set the team back another 2-3 yr coaching cycle. I think Poles is looking at knock it out of the park HC moves and if none come to fruition, he will just stay with a guy that lacks flare but is a player respected steady hand for one more year.
But the lack of news coming out of Halas Hall is about as loud a statement as you could get at this moment.
Are you stealing CHGO headlines now?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This is the most bizarre scenario I've seen. It may just be dumb enough the bears might try it. The only flaw is getsy isn't going to accept a demotion. If it weren't for @Mighty Joe Young this could be in the running for dumbest post of the day

Philly just took playcalling away from Desai so there is precedence. Getsy doesn't have to agree. He has no choice as he is under contract. Further like Desai he is likely to agree because he is a young coach that likely recognizes he may need more seasoning.

Finally I am not saying this is what I would do. I am saying the Bears may be contemplating it as otherwise Getsy should already have been fired imo. Unless they plan on bringing him back as the playcaller, you don't need to decide on Flus before firing him.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That idea was dead on the notion that a Bears OC would ever be a HC.

Adam Gase became a HC after 1 year as Bears OC. Oops.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
If they are keeping flus what are the odds Fields is staying?

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Lambert has an article saying Warren has given recommendations but the ultimate decision is up to Ownership.

For an Ownership that tell the fans and media they are just fans it sounds like they make some awfully big decisions.

This team man, they'll never get it right with these middling morons running the show.

Porkchop

Liked Posts:
Lambert has an article saying Warren has given recommendations but the ultimate decision is up to Ownership.

For an Ownership that tell the fans and media they are just fans it sounds like they make some awfully big decisions.

This team man, they'll never get it right with these middling morons running the show.
Why would it be up to ownership who they decide to be head coach, instead of the guy you hired to make these decisions in the first place?

That's completely bassackwards. Why hire Warren at all if you're not letting him do his fucking job?

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Unlike the QB decision, this decision is low-hanging fruit, especially if both coordinators are being replaced. Where would Eberflus rank among the coaches available in this cycle? Next to last after Rivera? Get him out of here!

Jim Harbaugh
Mike Vrabel
Belichick
Ben Johnson
Dan Quinn
Eric Bieniemy
Bobby Slowik
Ron Rivera
The first 4 in this order for me.
Jim
Ben
Bill
Mike

chi

Liked Posts:
If they do fire Getsy who could they be looking at for the new OC? It’s can’t be Janocko? Can it? 😂

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I like the tweet that said something like if you're on the fence about your HC you may as well change them now. You will change them in a year or two.

Of course for McCaskeys that's a year or two they don't have to pay someone else for.
If they still with him fans should bail (but they won't). Let them learn pay it now or pay it later.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Flus is staying IMO.

At best they may replace Getsy with an OC familiar with the Shanny system who is capable of becoming a HC in 2025. And even if thry do I think they keep Getsy on as he is young and could probably use some mentoring from the new OC.

Then for 2024 if the new OC is great and they dont want to keep Flus, they promote the new OC to HC.

If Flus does great then he stays and if the new OC gets a HC gig then you promote Janocko or give it back to Getsy after he has had a year to learn from the new OC.
Your Getsy prediction might be the dumbest thing I’ve ever read on here. Impressively stupid.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
If Flus sucks then not sure why we would chose as HC the guy that Flus soft D outplayed for 7 out of 8 quarters.
He has a good recipe for Goff but no other good QB that he faced, whereas Johnson has a good recipe against most every team he faces. There’s no way you’re going to vortex me into thinking flus is a better coach than Johnson 😂

BBBF

Liked Posts:
This is what the delay is for. Everyone is safe, and George has a team of consultants helping him craft an explanation that doesn't sound as pathetic and stupid as praising leadership during a six game losing streak.

How about the leadership during a 14 game losing streak!

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Your Getsy prediction might be the dumbest thing I’ve ever read on here. Impressively stupid.
Flus is staying. He's likely been seeing players off etc. I don't see Poles letting it happen like that and wavering there, Lets hope that Getsy is gone and what I'd like to see happen in that scenario is that Poles entices a top OC prospect by telling him he can choose his QB, whether that's Fields or a pick while reminding him that they could also trade down for more booty to help as well.

Personally, I'm leaning towards moving on from Justin. Love the guy but I just don't see the anticipation and vision I prefer at the position... and yes I am taking into count what he's playing behind and with.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
How do you do that with Rooney Rule in place?

Can't have your cake and eat it too, wouldn't surprise me though that the Bears have no idea what they're doing.
Knowing how clueless George is, he will suggest to Harbaugh to wear blackface to comply with the Rooney Rule.

Green text