The deafening silence coming out of Halas Hall

Toast88

Liked Posts:
This isn’t a long time to wait for the Bears.

The year they had the great presser about Pace & Nagy coming back, they didn’t tell anyone until Wednesday afternoon.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Flus is staying. He's likely been seeing players off etc. I don't see Poles letting it happen like that and wavering there, Lets hope that Getsy is gone and what I'd like to see happen in that scenario is that Poles entices a top OC prospect by telling him he can choose his QB, whether that's Fields or a pick while reminding him that they could also trade down for more booty to help as well.

Personally, I'm leaning towards moving on from Justin. Love the guy but I just don't see the anticipation and vision I prefer at the position... and yes I am taking into count what he's playing behind and with.
I don’t think there’s any chance Poles let’s a new OC hand select anything. That’s what he’s paid to do. This is the #1 pick.

If the Bears do not select a QB at #1 overall, I’d be fucking shocked at this point.

You can’t take the North back being at an obvious disadvantage at both head coach and quarterback against your arch rivals.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
No way do they go after or land Harbaugh and BB is so over the hill, maybe if Brady comes out of retirement. I'll pass.
Like Grossman used to say, "Fuck it. Go deep!".

Tom Brady for HC!

He would know how to teach his QB when to pass the ball, be it Fields or someone else. He would not accept anyone half-assing it. If Sanders can do it, Brady could do it too but better.

The best thing of it all is that, with the way Brady takes care of his body, he could be the Bears HC for the next 45 years.

Green text but it is certainly an out-of-the-box thought.

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like the tweet that said something like if you're on the fence about your HC you may as well change them now. You will change them in a year or two.

Of course for McCaskeys that's a year or two they don't have to pay someone else for.
If they still with him fans should bail (but they won't). Let them learn pay it now or pay it later.
Would anybody be surprised in 12 months if Harbaugh was headed to the playoffs with his new NFL team and we are all here talking about Eberflus’ replacement after he just got fired a year too late?

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Do you really let the coach do 9 hours of exit interviews if you plan on firing him? You probably would wish for him to leave Halas hall asap and not fuck anything else up.
Really, how could a HC fuck up during exit interviews if he thinks that he is coming back but then gets canned?

If he fucks up so bad, that would be a good reason for getting canned, like Flus' DC and RB coach got 'retired'.

The question has nothing to do on whether I think Flus will come back or get fired. I was just curious on an answer.

Collins77

Liked Posts:
At this point I think they are sitting back and doing due diligence. They are seeing who's avaliable, what they want, how they do it. I'm glad there haven't been any knee jerk decisions yet.

The Galloping Ghost

Liked Posts:
At this point I think they are sitting back and doing due diligence. They are seeing who's avaliable, what they want, how they do it. I'm glad there haven't been any knee jerk decisions yet.

The moment Vrabel got fired the decision should be made. They should be jettisoning the milk toast Eberflus and going hard after Vrabel. No brainer.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
If they do fire Getsy who could they be looking at for the new OC? It’s can’t be Janocko? Can it? 😂
Just look at the OCs or offensive HCs that were fired a year ago or this year. The older, the better.

Reactions: chi

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
I don’t think there’s any chance Poles let’s a new OC hand select anything. That’s what he’s paid to do. This is the #1 pick.

If the Bears do not select a QB at #1 overall, I’d be fucking shocked at this point.

You can’t take the North back being at an obvious disadvantage at both head coach and quarterback against your arch rivals.
Your avatar is confusing. If the Bears draft the diva, how do they also get the Star WR?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I think at the very least there will be a phone call to Harbaugh to find out if he's interested in the job. I'm really hoping for a sit down with him though. If this happens then all respect to Poles to want to win enough to go out and hire a guy like Harbaugh.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Really, how could a HC fuck up during exit interviews if he thinks that he is coming back but then gets canned?

If he fucks up so bad, that would be a good reason for getting canned, like Flus' DC and RB coach got 'retired'.

The question has nothing to do on whether I think Flus will come back or get fired. I was just curious on an answer.

I didn't realize you asked me a question. What was your question and I'll try and answer it.

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
I think they are poking around with Harbaugh and who knows who else? Also think they may be doing prelim work on a new OC if Flus is retained.
They are more likely poking around in Virginia’s colostomy bag, but will need to pay Ernie Accorsi several million dollars to confirm there is indeed a kernel of sweetcorn in there. It’s Ernie time!

The painful inevitability that the McCaskeys will continue to be incredibly stupid, and fuck up the once in a lifetime position we have found ourselves in looms large. Only Kevin Warren has the power to change this. Fucking save us please Kevin you big bald eagle of change, lock those cunts in a cupboard for a week.

UChiLAbear

"The Drop"
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
Would anybody be surprised in 12 months if Harbaugh was headed to the playoffs with his new NFL team and we are all here talking about Eberflus’ replacement after he just got fired a year too late?
If someone were surprised, then they really aren't a Bear fan..........lol....

BornAnAngryBearsFan

TF you lookin' at?!?!
Liked Posts:
I feel like we don’t usually get a vote of confidence in the coach until the postseason presser several days after the last game. This is “normal” for the Bears.

This type of behavior, is why they'll remain a bottom 5 team in the NFL.