The deafening silence coming out of Halas Hall

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

So the GM loves Eberflus and the team loves Eberflus. Sweat could not have spoken higher of him a few weeks in. If Vrabel, Belichick or Harbaugh are an option, I think the Bears should pursue, but otherwise I think he should continue on.

Can anybody state what Eberflus should have done differently? note: I think Getsy is going.

UChiLAbear

"The Drop"
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
I like Flus and so do the players, wish I could say the same for the OC.....imo.....he has no 'feel' for the game as its playing out. He makes calls that don't seem to fit the situation. Especially on short yardage. For me especially when he runs a Jet Sweep when you need 1 yard for a First Down. Same bad trait as naggy-ass......no feel for the situation. It's like...ok let's run this play, because we haven't run it yet...or some stupid reasoning like that.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
So the GM loves Eberflus and the team loves Eberflus. Sweat could not have spoken higher of him a few weeks in. If Vrabel, Belichick or Harbaugh are an option, I think the Bears should pursue, but otherwise I think he should continue on.

Can anybody state what Eberflus should have done differently? note: I think Getsy is going.
Not blown 3 almost unlosable games and shown up for either game against gb. His soft zone is fucking trash, just like it was with lovie

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I believe they already know 90% if they are drafting a QB or not. May want interviews.

They are not going to tip their draft hand until they need to.

UChiLAbear

"The Drop"
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
Minter? The only Minter i think of when i hear that name is Barry Minter?
yes...the Barry Minter who while playing MLB for da Bears got injured, and da Bears put in the backup SAM to take his place....btw, whatever happened to Brian Urlacher?........lol.....

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I hate it if they're looking to draft a rookie QB.

If they're trading the pick, getting a MHJ/Bowers/Nabers and future firsts + a proven pro bowler and letting it roll with a new OC, it's fine with me. Get this roster together.

If they drafting a rookie QB i bet the second 1st goes to a DE. They won’t spend a first on a WR.

UChiLAbear

"The Drop"
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
Not blown 3 almost unlosable games and shown up for either game against gb. His soft zone is fucking trash, just like it was with lovie
Good post....and you're right.....I'm hoping that Flus has learned from this and makes some adjustments next season....

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If they drafting a rookie QB i bet the second 1st goes to a DE. They won’t spend a first on a WR.
I wouldn't mind that at all. Would be nice to have one of those top 3 WR's to go with DJ but DJ is legit so i'm good with getting him a really good #2 and then also getting a legit #3 to go with them.

Reactions: Myk

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Kind of a soft schedule and not the best QBs but the defense statistically is top 5 or 10 for second half of season. I agree and don't understand what happened in Green Bay, but that is the outlier and when all said and done, much better off losing.

Again, those late game disasters hurt us all, but I'd like to believe part of the growing pains. Your points are all valid.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Kind of a soft schedule and not the best QBs but the defense statistically is top 5 or 10 for second half of season. I agree and don't understand what happened in Green Bay, but that is the outlier and when all said and done, much better off losing.

Again, those late game disasters hurt us all, but I'd like to believe part of the growing pains. Your points are all valid.
Green Bay was an outlier because it was the only real offense they played

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
The would be a big mistake but nothing new with this franchise. If they are going with a rookie qb do for him what never was done for fields. Fix that oline and stack the weapons deck. They’ve invested plenty on the defense

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Not hire pervert assistant coaches and lose most of every close game for two seasons.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
The thing with Flus, he cannot be allowed to make the OC decision after his last two choices. Even with Alan Williams, despite what he did off the field, on the field he was always known as a bad coordinator. Poles needs to be the one making the choice.