The First Ryan Pace Draft [Thoughts and Observations]

dafridge72

Liked Posts:
You know what scares me....trying to think what our draft would have looked like if Emery and Trestman were still here .........

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I'm agreeing with you. We've been horrible at QB-scouting and developing in the past.

But this is new management. You don't know whether Ryan Pace knows how to scout QB's. And just because he declined to draft a guy that you liked, doesn't mean that he's wrong and knows nothing. We'll have to see, I guess.

Btw, if the Bears are so shitty at developing QB's as you say, why go and pick one of the guys in the draft that needs the most work?

I'm not down on Pace. It's just that I know GB generally hits on Qb's and it pissed me off that they would see something in the guy we past up. I don't know that he "needs the most work" Heck jay needs the work. He still makes lots of rookie mistakes. And he does nothing to improve.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
O'm not down on Pace. It's just that I know GB generally hits on Qb's and it pissed me off that they would see something in the guy we past up. I don't know that he "needs the most work" Heck jay needs the work. He still makes lots of rookie mistakes. And he soes nothing to improve.

you should just be honest and say you'd be happy with any qb we drafted*. you haven't said a word about the disaster of matt flynn or our undrafted qb shane carden. you just assume because gb drafted hundley, he will be good.

*or rather, you'd be happy to complain about any qb gb drafted whom we didn't

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Run... what is the point . You sound like bradys wife saying he cant throw and catch it... jesus man they drafted a rb get over it.. if hundly is the next brady then every team would have passed him over round after round... and "missed" on the pick. You sound like a child in a pissing match with a sibling...fuck there is like 5 pages of this shit people like you are making this site damn near unreadable. That sucks for those of us who do not live in chicago and come here for bear news.... shm

LOL....dude, you have the power read or not read what ever you want. Don't blame somebody else for your foibles

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
you should just be honest and say you'd be happy with any qb we drafted*. you haven't said a word about the disaster of matt flynn or our undrafted qb shane carden. you just assume because gb drafted hundley, he will be good.

*or rather, you'd be happy to complain about any qb gb drafted whom we didn't

I want you to go back and take a HARD look at Flynn's history with the Pack and remind us what really happened. Hint: it has to do with development.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Bwahahaha..."GB generally hits on QB's [sic]." Let's see:

B.J. Coleman
Brian Brohm (second rounder, btw)
Matt Flynn
Ingle Martin
Aaron Rodgers
Craig Nall

Yep, in the last 15 drafts they nailed one and whiffed on the rest (none of the rest of those guys are even backups anywhere). Please join us in reality Run and Shit...you know, the place where every QB GB drafts isn't automatically a god and where Tebow still fucking sucks.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
naw tardigrade you brought up Flynn, as a "failure"/ "disaster of matt flynn " Tells us what happened to him in GB.

He had one good game when opponents had no tape and never started again unless due to injury?

Kekua Zombie

Liked Posts:
I think it is obvious that 32 thought Hundley sucks, since he wasn't drafted until the 5th.

Kekua Zombie

Liked Posts:

B.J. Coleman
Matt Flynn
Ingle Martin
Aaron Rodgers
Craig Nall

Yep, in the last 15 drafts they nailed one and whiffed on the rest (none of the rest of those guys are even backups anywhere). Please join us in reality Run and Shit...you know, the place where every QB GB drafts isn't automatically a god and where Tebow still fucking sucks.

Was BJ Coleman Tevin's father?

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:
I'm not down on Pace. It's just that I know GB generally hits on Qb's and it pissed me off that they would see something in the guy we past up. I don't know that he "needs the most work" Heck jay needs the work. He still makes lots of rookie mistakes. And he does nothing to improve.

Go look at who Ted Thompson has drafted at QB and rethink that statement.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think it is obvious that 32 thought Hundley sucks, since he wasn't drafted until the 5th.

Considering how good his arm and measurables are, that's saying a lot about how they feel about his grasp of the game. I didn't know much about Grayson but I expected Petty to go before Hundley. What I saw of Grayson, he looked to stand in the pocket stronger than the other 2 and maybe why he went 1st.

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:

B.J. Coleman
Matt Flynn
Ingle Martin
Aaron Rodgers
Craig Nall

Ohhhhhh. Wow! I love it when the facts are posted and the crow-eating begins. What a horrible list with one exception that slid. Haha. Don't you also love when biased homers then change the subject and then compare it to our qb drafts? We admit they suck for qbs but the fact remains that the GB list was bad. Kinda like all of the 1st round busts the past few years except Clay with Justin Harrell, Sherrod, Raji, and the recent DEs that are riding the pine lol

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
And what's rarely pointed out is that they drafted Brohm in 2008 (pick 56) because they wanted a backup plan if Rodgers didn't work out as expected in his 1st year starting. That's how difficult the QB evaluation process is. The guy with 3 years in the system and perhaps to become the best ever still raised enough doubts to reach for a QB just in case, yet we constantly get posters railing about mid round picks as sure perennial starters.

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
QB must be the hardest position to draft - it's so hard to tell which guy is going to take to the NFL, apart from a guy like Luck who comes along very rarely. I know that the common theme when you look at great QBs is they have a mixture of fierce competitiveness with the ability to be totally calm and collected when it counts. Intelligence is a massive factor. But look at Cutler - fantastic physical ability, can make all the throws, is an intelligent guy. But then his career has been very average because he's impetuous and impatient, those personality defects have defined his career and held him back. When you draft a QB I'd be looking at personality every bit as much as physical traits - the list of failed QBs with great ability is incredibly long. I just don't know enough about any of the QBs drafted to say if they have the character to succeed, so I'll have to go with Pace's decision not to draft any of them.