The Football (Soccer for us dumb Americans) Thread

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
So stupid question, if they make it out of the group how do the groups go after that I can't remember? Do they just combine G-H then? I wanted to think about second round stuff if somehow they make it out. But I don't know who they have a potential to face? Do they re-seed?</p>

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="228380" data-time="1399061805">
<div>

So stupid question, if they make it out of the group how do the groups go after that I can't remember? Do they just combine G-H then? I wanted to think about second round stuff if somehow they make it out. But I don't know who they have a potential to face? Do they re-seed?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Kinda re-seed. Top 2 in each group go, A Top team will play a runner-up team, but it is random from there. So winner of group a would play a runner-up from another group. </p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
So they take all 16 top 2s and just pool them together randomly matching them?</p>

supraman

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Deadliest Man Alive" data-cid="228274" data-time="1398981743">
<div>

The best part of the Maradona Hand of God game is it included his greatest failure (taking a handball as a goal) along with perhaps one the greatest goals ever scored in Cup history. And all in the same game. I mean, you cant write this shit...</p>

</p>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KY40__rBvSk</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I admit to being very ignorant of soccer and its history. However a cheat is a cheat. Maradona might of been the best ever but I will never respect him as an athlete because he cheated and didn't even have the decency to lie about it the rest of his life. No he grins and admits to cheating. FUCK YOU.</p>

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Supra" data-cid="228498" data-time="1399154150">
<div>

I admit to being very ignorant of soccer and its history. However a cheat is a cheat. Maradona might of been the best ever but I will never respect him as an athlete because he cheated and didn't even have the decency to lie about it the rest of his life. No he grins and admits to cheating. FUCK YOU.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

....And there is the funny thing about Maradona...you either love him or hate him. I am also in the latter camp. World Cup goal goes in, I dont know who on the planet would go to the ref and tell him it wasnt a goal though.</p>

</p>

But I get it and agree, I dont like em and one of the best games I can recall watching was W. Germany pounding them. </p>

</p>

In UEFA News, a bit of history, all Spanish final and the first time the two finalists are from the same city. </p>

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="228617" data-time="1399310923">
<div>

</p>

God I hate Ronaldo,,,, but it was a sweet goal... notice the clock.</p>

</p>
Cristiano Ronaldo Lands Equalizer With Back-Heel Volley

</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I saw this! They needed the points to stay in the hunt for the Liga title. I cant say I dont like Ronaldo as he is just an incredible talent. And at least he doesnt bite like Suarez, who could break 60 year scoring records for Liverpool this year.</p>

</p>

My favorite player is Ribery with Bayern right now </p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
As a soccer (futbol) player he's great, as a person he's highly irritating. And I can't even explain why.</p>

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="228620" data-time="1399311383">
<div>

As a soccer (futbol) player he's great, as a person he's highly irritating. And I can't even explain why.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I CAN! For me? Pure Envy! He is up there with Bruce Wayne for panty-moistening.</p>

</p>

But he can be arrogant, and I guess that comes from being a premier athlete with international renown. And being Bruce Wayne.</p>

</p>

I have never liked strikers for that reason, even when I played as a kid... lazy, never play D, always want the ball and bitch if they dont get it, never make a mistake it was always a foul, divers, cryers, etc. </p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
ronaldo is on a mission this season. cant stand the guy either but hes looking like a dangerous mouther fucker at the right time. we will see what he can do with that ever inder achieving portugal national team in the world cup.</p>

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Canadian Dreamalchuk" data-cid="228632" data-time="1399320372">
<div>

ronaldo is on a mission this season. cant stand the guy either but hes looking like a dangerous mouther fucker at the right time. we will see what he can do with that ever inder achieving portugal national team in the world cup.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Ronaldo is certainly the choice for d'Or for this year. Will most likely win UEFA and could be the Liga championship too. But when your front three is Benzema, Bale, and Ronaldo...</p>

</p>

Portugal national looks good, but they have some big holes. </p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I don't know why, and I guess I'm glad that they are giving it full coverage, but seeing EPL on SyFy and Oxygen network makes me feel sad for the world.</p>

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="228692" data-time="1399385067">
<div>

I don't know why, and I guess I'm glad that they are giving it full coverage, but seeing EPL on SyFy and Oxygen network makes me feel sad for the world.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

WHAT?! I am stoked that NBC got behind it so much! </p>

</p>

Just in case anyone needs EPL drama, Liverpool, was posed to win the championship after 24 years. On the 25th anniversary of Hillsborough disaster. With a captain whose cousin was killed in Hillsborough and has won every tournament in his career but the EPL Championship. 2 games remaining. Chelsea blows it... Loses to a mook team, all Liverpool has to do is beat Crystal Palace and Chelsea is out and puts huge pressure on Manchester City. Liverpool goes up 3 - 0 against Crystal Palace. Suarez has scored his record-breaking goal to score the most goals in the 38 game season. And after the 75th minute, Crystal Palace, who has scored a toal of 28 goals this season, scored 3 against the best team in the EPL to bring a tie and CRUSHING the hopes of Liverpool in the last two games of the season.</p>

</p>

One of the most amazing games I have seen with such drama and David v Goliath. Crazy upset. </p>

</p>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syW7Pqey6bQ</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Deadliest Man Alive" data-cid="228700" data-time="1399389803">
<div>

WHAT?! I am stoked that NBC got behind it so much! </p>

</p>

Just in case anyone needs EPL drama, Liverpool, was posed to win the championship after 24 years. On the 25th anniversary of Hillsborough disaster. With a captain whose cousin was killed in Hillsborough and has won every tournament in his career but the EPL Championship. 2 games remaining. Chelsea blows it... Loses to a mook team, all Liverpool has to do is beat Crystal Palace and Chelsea is out and puts huge pressure on Manchester City. Liverpool goes up 3 - 0 against Crystal Palace. Suarez has scored his record-breaking goal to score the most goals in the 38 game season. And after the 75th minute, Crystal Palace, who has scored a toal of 28 goals this season, scored 3 against the best team in the EPL to bring a tie and CRUSHING the hopes of Liverpool in the last two games of the season.</p>

</p>

One of the most amazing games I have seen with such drama and David v Goliath. Crazy upset. </p>

</p>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syW7Pqey6bQ</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Well... I mean they have to make their money back and put it on as much as possible, just weird that they are using overflow channels that suck so bad.</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
This is insane..... in a good way. I am surprised by the imagery though because you'd never see something like this in the states because people would get all pissy about invoking violence.</p>

</p>

http://youtu.be/DOe5XCZMCVg</p>

</p>

</p>

Watch These Soccer Fans Lay Waste To Opponents With Mindblowing Art

</p>
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote">

</p>

This was the tifo equivalent of "Hit 'Em Up." Unfortunately, FC Copenhagen stalled, and drew their rivals 1-1. The fans, however, were fired up, and afterwards still managed a 200-person brawl. It feels like that means the tifo did its job.</p>
</blockquote>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I guess there is a longer version of it but I didn't watch</p>

BiscuitintheBasket

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-time="1399403306" data-cid="228709" data-author="MassHavoc">

This is insane..... in a good way. I am surprised by the imagery though because you'd never see something like this in the states because people would get all pissy about invoking violence.

http://youtu.be/DOe5XCZMCVg

Watch These Soccer Fans Lay Waste To Opponents With Mindblowing Art</p></blockquote>

Actually pretty cool. Section 8 should do something similar with the Fire and only have the Water Tower standing.