</p>

BiscuitintheBasket

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yup.</p>

</p>

</p>

Interesting that based on their poor ability to get to where they are with readiness with the world cup, the IOC has been developing a plan B for the Olympics.</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="BiscuitInTheBasket2in17" data-cid="227365" data-time="1398456105">
<div>

Yup.</p>

</p>

</p>

Interesting that based on their poor ability to get to where they are with readiness with the world cup, the IOC has been developing a plan B for the Olympics.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

I heard that the Qatar world cup in 4 years has already started scaling back the number of venues because of overages and corruptions and piss poor labor and such.</p>

BiscuitintheBasket

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="227366" data-time="1398456271">
<div>

I heard that the Qatar world cup in 4 years has already started scaling back the number of venues because of overages and corruptions and piss poor labor and such.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

I get why they do it, but I don't see the need for so many venues.   Things are just that expensive, and it always seems like there are labor issues too.</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="BiscuitInTheBasket2in17" data-cid="227368" data-time="1398456474">
<div>

I get why they do it, but I don't see the need for so many venues.   Things are just that expensive, and it always seems like there are labor issues too.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

And then never used again.</p>

BiscuitintheBasket

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="227370" data-time="1398456724">
<div>

And then never used again.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

Yup, and it makes it that much more crazy that so much money is spent on it.</p>

</p>

</p>

There is this whole subset of photographers that travel the world taking pictures of abandoned places.   Apparently they make money from it.  Hmmm, I have not been to Brazil in 20 years, I guess in 10 more I can try to be one of those photographers.</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
If only I could handle a camera well enough, I've definitely seen a lot of beautiful pictures of this typ</p>

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Canadian Dreamalchuk" data-cid="228191" data-time="1398927921">
<div>

Its coming though and its going to be a cluster fuck</p>

</p>

http://media.npr.org/assets/img/2013/12/06/world_cup_draw_complete_custom-fb835c371293478d7c4c74ff977261b1d1964bf0-s6-c30.jpg</p>

</p>

</p>

Fuck France for getting a cake walk into the knock outs</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

If you put together the WORST case scenario for the US going into the Cup, it would be this line up. The best team for the US to play is a country that has smacked the US team in the nose in prior matches.</p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Deadliest Man Alive" data-cid="228233" data-time="1398958704">
<div>

If you put together the WORST case scenario for the US going into the Cup, it would be this line up. The best team for the US to play is a country that has smacked the US team in the nose in prior matches.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

yah that group is nasty for the states. Hell of a trip when you instantly have to beat Portugal or Germany for any chance to advance really.  I don't like their chances with that.  Ghana is no easy task either.</p>

</p>

My Italians came out pretty good. Looking forward to the England/Italy match. Don't see that often in world cup.</p>

</p>

To be completely honest I'm not overly excited by many of the groups this time around. </p>

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Canadian Dreamalchuk" data-cid="228257" data-time="1398972787">
<div>

yah that group is nasty for the states. Hell of a trip when you instantly have to beat Portugal or Germany for any chance to advance really.  I don't like their chances with that.  Ghana is no easy task either.</p>

</p>

My Italians came out pretty good. Looking forward to the England/Italy match. Don't see that often in world cup.</p>

</p>

To be completely honest I'm not overly excited by many of the groups this time around. </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

The hardcore fan in me wants Argentina and Messi to get it. They win one World Cup, and Messi's reign as the greatest player who ever lived (that will ever live?!) will be cemented. Without a Cup win though, he could be placed into the Dan Marino Curse. And any chance to forget about Maradona is never a bad thing. That is the last argument quelled "Well, Maradona has a Cup..."</p>

supraman

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Deadliest Man Alive" data-cid="228263" data-time="1398975205">
<div>

The hardcore fan in me wants Argentina and Messi to get it. They win one World Cup, and Messi's reign as the greatest player who ever lived (that will ever live?!) will be cemented. Without a Cup win though, he could be placed into the Dan Marino Curse. And any chance to forget about Maradona is never a bad thing. That is the last argument quelled "Well, Maradona has a Cup..."</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I dunno I think the correct response to that argument is "Maradona was a cheating cunt."</p>

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Supra" data-cid="228271" data-time="1398981415">
<div>

I dunno I think the correct response to that argument is "Maradona was a cheating cunt."</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

The best part of the Maradona Hand of God game is it included his greatest failure (taking a handball as a goal) along with perhaps one the greatest goals ever scored in Cup history. And all in the same game. I mean, you cant write this shit...</p>

</p>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KY40__rBvSk</p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
Pele is still the best footballer of all time. As much as it pains to say a brazilian is the best of all time. fuck maradona.</p>

</p>

But yah Messi deserves a world cup for sure. I'm not betting on it though.</p>

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Canadian Dreamalchuk" data-cid="228328" data-time="1399003864">
<div>

Pele is still the best footballer of all time. As much as it pains to say a brazilian is the best of all time. fuck maradona.</p>

</p>

But yah Messi deserves a world cup for sure. I'm not betting on it though.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I would disagree with you there. The only record that Messi hasnt busted of Pele is World Cups. But it would be like debating Marino vs Bradshaw... One has the rings... Do the other numbers matter?</p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Deadliest Man Alive" data-cid="228356" data-time="1399042856">
<div>

I would disagree with you there. The only record that Messi hasnt busted of Pele is World Cups. But it would be like debating Marino vs Bradshaw... One has the rings... Do the other numbers matter?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

i put pele on the list of athelethes who have changed the game that they played. thats why i rank him as the best. much like orr. but yah its one of those modern day vs then past debates. messi is certainly the modern day best.</p>

</p>

guess i could argue about the best fullbacks of all time but the list of italians would make everyone ill besides me.</p>

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Canadian Dreamalchuk" data-cid="228360" data-time="1399046023">
<div>

i put pele on the list of athelethes who have changed the game that they played. thats why i rank him as the best. much like orr. but yah its one of those modern day vs then past debates. messi is certainly the modern day best.</p>

</p>

guess i could argue about the best fullbacks of all time but the list of GERMANS would make everyone ill besides me.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

No question on Pele.</p>

</p>

I fixed that last sentance for ya there... But didnt we fight 1000 years ago over german and italian goalies too?</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ozil and Ballack rule. Italy sucks... except for the goalie because he looks like lundqvist.

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Grimsäväinen" data-cid="228367" data-time="1399051936">
<div>

Ozil and Ballack rule. Italy sucks... except for the goalie because he looks like lundqvist.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

While I hate to even say an unkind word about Gigi... Gigi is getting old and is not the same Gigi anymore. Which of course means he is only human now instead...</p>