The Obvious

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
QB matters a TON. Put Trubisky on the Packers, Ravens or Chiefs and suddenly these division leaders would be struggling to make the Wildcard game.

Let's be honest, those aren't completely garbage organizations with garbage players and coaches. He'd be playing much better on those teams, especially the Ravens.

It's funny how so many people think the Bears are just this hapless victim of bad QB play, and we're plagued by bust QBs, the lovable bad luck Chicago Bears, and blah blah blah. What is the constant here? The Chicago Bears. You think it's every single QB, or this trash heap of an organization?

The 2019 Chicago Bears offense was the victim of a garbage organization that doesn't know what the fuck they're doing. The same as every other fucking year.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Let's be honest, those aren't completely garbage organizations with garbage players and coaches. He'd be playing much better on those teams, especially the Ravens.

It's funny how so many people think the Bears are just this hapless victim of bad QB play, and we're plagued by bust QBs, the lovable bad luck Chicago Bears, and blah blah blah. What is the constant here? The Chicago Bears. You think it's every single QB, or this trash heap of an organization?

The 2019 Chicago Bears offense was the victim of a garbage organization that doesn't know what the fuck they're doing. The same as every other fucking year.

Which of these bad Bears QBs went on to be good elsewhere? I agree with you that the Bears have organizational inadequacies, and part of that is continuing to hire useless GMs who can't evaluate QBs.

Ryan Pace's QB resume so far that we know of is as follows:

- coveted Mariota
- had long coveted and wanted to sign Mike Glennon
- completely passed on Deshaun Watson and Pat Mahomes (seemingly without so much as a passing look) to swoop in for Mitchell Trubisky.

He's another Bears GM that shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a QB room.

Why do you think Trubisky would be playing better on another team? He can't hit the broad side of a barn. I highly doubt a different environment would cure him of sucking.

BearsJR

Liked Posts:
Why do you think Trubisky would be playing better on another team? He can't hit the broad side of a barn. I highly doubt a different environment would cure him of sucking.
Man I hate that take, I've seen him throw some darts into really tight windows, as well as some nice balls that hit a receiver in stride. Consistently? No, often enough? Nope, but the narrative that he can’t hit the broad side of a barn is weak. And have you seen some of the desperation other teams receivers have? Just go back and watch the Bears KC game and see how open KCs guys were. Not to diminish Mahomes talent, but Mitch probably looks pretty good in that O. Probably.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
Man I hate that take, I've seen him throw some darts into really tight windows, as well as some nice balls that hit a receiver in stride. Consistently? No, often enough? Nope, but the narrative that he can’t hit the broad side of a barn is weak. And have you seen some of the desperation other teams receivers have? Just go back and watch the Bears KC game and see how open KCs guys were. Not to diminish Mahomes talent, but Mitch probably looks pretty good in that O. Probably.

It's not about whether or not you can do it once or twice a game

There's plenty of QBs the Bears could sign right now off the scrap heap who can make a good throw here and there

Its about how often can you consistently do it. Mitch can't and there's no reason to believe he ever will

Is it impossible for him to turn the page still? No but the likelihood of it is so small that you absolutely can't justify counting on it. This guy is in blake bortles, christian ponder territory of bad

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Because other offenses are infinitely better than the one we have in Chicago. And not only was our offense one of the worst in the league, but it was predictably bad, too. No one was fooled by anything we did. Our runs got stuffed, our behind the LOS passing attack got blown up. I don't think I've ever seen so many 3rd and longs in my life. It was a joke. It was worse than a Lovie Smith era offense.

It's not like he's not capable of playing well. He is just wildly inconsistent. And when the whole offense is playing horribly, I don't expect him to ball out in spite of everything else. I wish he was that good, but he's not.

With that being said, I definitely think he'd be playing much better in Baltimore. Baltimore is the blueprint for playing to your QB's strengths. Nagy has been too stubborn and stupid to do that regularly.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:

The Ravens O were really bad with Joey Flacco before he got benched. The Titans O were really bad with Mariotta before they benched him. The Texan offense tanked when Tom Savage took over midseason when Watson got hurt, that offense was worse than the 2019 Bears.

But yea bruh, do what you do.

Were you this much of an apologist with Jay Cutler in his heyday?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Man I hate that take, I've seen him throw some darts into really tight windows, as well as some nice balls that hit a receiver in stride. Consistently? No, often enough? Nope

ALL quarterbacks can make good throws here and there. Starter level ones do it more consistently than Trubisky. Good starters do it even more consistently still.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The Ravens O were really bad with Joey Flacco before he got benched. The Titans O were really bad with Mariotta before they benched him. The Texan offense tanked when Tom Savage took over midseason when Watson got hurt, that offense was worse than the 2019 Bears.

But yea bruh, do what you do.

Were you this much of an apologist with Jay Cutler in his heyday?

HERP DERP EVERYTHING DA QUARTERBACK'S FAULT

IF WE HAD OTHER QUARTERBACK WE WIN SUPER BOWL DERP

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
HERP DERP EVERYTHING DA QUARTERBACK'S FAULT

IF WE HAD OTHER QUARTERBACK WE WIN SUPER BOWL DERP

Why don't you respond to what he actually said rather than this repetitive straw man you continually use?

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Why don't you respond to what he actually said rather than this repetitive straw man you continually use?

Take a look at the 2018 Ravens with Flacco, and with Jackson. You'll see a trend. With Flacco, they barely ran the ball and leaned on him to dropback 50 times per game. Then suddenly when Jackson is the QB, they ran the ball way more than they threw it and had a lot of success.

The Flacco to Jackson argument supports my argument. They switched at the bye week last season and the offense was dramatically different. If they just put Jackson in and said "dropback 50 times" he would have failed. It's not hard to see that. He's not that guy, and they don't expect him to be. Part of the difference between the Ravens and the Bears. One has a first round bye, the other was out of the playoffs halfway through the season.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
What I’ve watched of the Ravens, Lamar can usually throw a tea party back there before he faces pressure on drop backs.

every qb in the league would light it up behind that offensive line. Even Mike Glennon.
The reason he has all day is pass rushers are responsible for keeping contain.

the Ravens run more than they throw. Pass rushers are afraid to get out of run lanes because of designed QB runs that burn them.

everything that they do in Baltimore is a 1920s blueprint from the NFL only with an absolute stud QB athlete.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Take a look at the 2018 Ravens with Flacco, and with Jackson. You'll see a trend. With Flacco, they barely ran the ball and leaned on him to dropback 50 times per game. Then suddenly when Jackson is the QB, they ran the ball way more than they threw it and had a lot of success.

The Flacco to Jackson argument supports my argument. They switched at the bye week last season and the offense was dramatically different. If they just put Jackson in and said "dropback 50 times" he would have failed. It's not hard to see that. He's not that guy, and they don't expect him to be. Part of the difference between the Ravens and the Bears. One has a first round bye, the other was out of the playoffs halfway through the season.

u make too much sense.

people here think Brady would be MVP running the current Baltimore offense.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If John Harbaugh(and Greg Roman) had tried to "Nagy" Lamar Jackson, the Ravens would suck, and he'd probably be on the hot seat. Instead, they tailored their offense to Lamar Jackson's skillset... MIDSEASON, mind you. And they started fuckin' the NFL and haven't looked back. Now John Harbaugh is probably going to win Coach of the Year, and is the frontrunner to win the Super Bowl. And Lamar Jackson is MVP.

And no one, absolutely fucking no one would have ever picked Lamar Jackson to be MVP of the league when he was drafted, last year, or before the beginning of this season. And he ran away with that shit this season.

And again, not saying Trubisky would be MVP of the league this year in place of Lamar Jackson if he was on the Ravens. He clearly has his own problems. But he wasn't our biggest offensive problem of 2019. And if Nagy and his staff don't get their shit together and take a page out of Greg Roman and John Harbaugh's book, it's gonna be the same shit in 2020. Except in 2020, he's not going to be able scapegoat Helfrich and Hiestand. It's gonna be Nagy's ass that gets canned. And hopefully Pace with him, too. And yeah, they can take Trubisky with them, as well. Fuck em all.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
What we have here is a failure to communicate. We have ownership that is still fat on the legend of 85.

You want a winning organization? Start at the top.

You are getting a lot of shit here and I am laughing at you for it.

BUT I bolded the one part that I do agree with. It is 3 sentences out of 16.

A 5.3 % success rate in your post. Hiring a tutor is recommended.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
source.gif

He is good. But also plays on a stacked offense.

Would he look as good on the Bears who cannot run the ball at all?

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
"It's Trubisky!"

My take on those who have zero faith in Mitch at all is that they know it's not him SOLELY.

It's Pace, Nagy, Trubisky, the OL, the running game, the TEs, Cohen, WRs not named Allen Robinson. It's a shit show of an offense.

Yes. This. Most will agree to all of that wholeheartedly but feel the need to focus on the bolded because the bolded one gets far more defense than any others except maybe Nagy because some will use the bolded to defend Nagy and I find that equally questionable and needing to be challenged.

And yeah, I hold the GM and the Head Coach to a higher standard than any player. They built this shit. They run this shit.

QFT

If (insert X elite QB) was our QB, it would probably be better, but not by much.

I also recall most saying that Mahomes or Watson would be better but not much given the shit talent and shit play design and calling. But I may be missing a thread or something.

And pining for an elite QB when no elite QB is available to us is stupid.

When people pine for a QB to come in they do not require "elite".

They pine for a challenge to unseat the clueless QB we have which does not require elite talent nor elite reading and awareness to play better than Mitch.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ryan Pace's QB resume so far that we know of is as follows:

- coveted Mariota
- had long coveted and wanted to sign Mike Glennon
- completely passed on Deshaun Watson and Pat Mahomes (seemingly without so much as a passing look) to swoop in for Mitchell Trubisky.

He's another Bears GM that shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a QB room.
Just to add, I was at a fund raiser with George McCaskey in 2016 where he said that another guy Pace really liked and couldn't quite pull the trigger on was Connor Cook. The next time Pace makes an even mediocre decision on a newly chosen QB will be the first.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
He is good. But also plays on a stacked offense

I would not call it a "stacked offense". Outside of his RB, the skill position group is incredibly mediocre.

He is working behind, arguably, the best OL in the NFL. You would think every GM figured out that trick, but here we are.