Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Consistently? No, often enough? Nope

Right here is where I was confused because you answered your own question.

If you reserve "can't hit the broad side of a barn" for a certain higher percentage of misses than Mitch makes then bully for you I guess. He is wildly inaccurate for long stretches and his overall completion percentage is terrible compared to his peers.

kerrywoodwins20

Harvey Weinstein's Biggest Fan
Liked Posts:
The reason he has all day is pass rushers are responsible for keeping contain.

the Ravens run more than they throw. Pass rushers are afraid to get out of run lanes because of designed QB runs that burn them.

everything that they do in Baltimore is a 1920s blueprint from the NFL only with an absolute stud QB athlete.

so having the best rated offensive line in football vs having one of the worst (what the Bears have) just doesn’t matter?

Lamar would not have been successful this year in Chicago. Period. Especially true because Nagy is not smart enough to design his offense around the skills of his players.

kerrywoodwins20

Liked Posts:
Alex Smith’s 2017 QB Rating.
Alex Smith’s 2018 QB Rating.

how did the exact same quarterback go from best in the league to near worst in the league in the same metric overnight?

we have no idea.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
so having the best rated offensive line in football vs having one of the worst (what the Bears have) just doesn’t matter?

Lamar would not have been successful this year in Chicago. Period.

i literally said the opposite in every argument

I’m saying running helps your pass blocking because established run games force pass rushers to keep contain and Identify pass or run. This is why the scheme helped everyone.

kerrywoodwins20

Liked Posts:
Your analysis is still too QB focused. Compare every Bears offensive starter to every Ravens offensive starter and the Bears don’t have a single player better than the person they’d be matching up with. And certainly not on the offensive line.

Lamar would struggle here, like every quarterback in the league would. Because here is a shit show offense designed by an incompetent fool that rode Andy Reid’s coat tails to a job he has no business in having.

his credibility comes from one year of a side of the ball he has no influence over, last year’s defense. It’s a joke.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
They pine for a challenge to unseat the clueless QB we have which does not require elite talent nor elite reading and awareness to play better than Mitch.

Honestly, I'd be all for signing someone like Teddy Bridgewater to be our unquestioned starter if it meant we can still address all the other holes we have. I just don't know if that's possible. We need 2-3 offensive linemen, TE, SS, OLB, ILB or 2, WR, maybe a RB, and then some depth signings.

But bringing in guys like Case Keenum, Marcus Mariota, Jameis WInston, Andy Dalton. How much is that going to help this team? I just don't see a big jump in talent with any QBs that are available to us. I'm fine with a competition and "may the best man win, and the 2nd best man become the backup" scenario. I just don't see where we get the ANSWER to our offensive problems by signing guys like that.

kerrywoodwins20

Liked Posts:
Honestly, I'd be all for signing someone like Teddy Bridgewater to be our unquestioned starter if it meant we can still address all the other holes we have. I just don't know if that's possible. We need 2-3 offensive linemen, TE, SS, OLB, ILB or 2, WR, maybe a RB, and then some depth signings.

But bringing in guys like Case Keenum, Marcus Mariota, Jameis WInston, Andy Dalton. How much is that going to help this team? I just don't see a big jump in talent with any QBs that are available to us. I'm fine with a competition and "may the best man win, and the 2nd best man become the backup" scenario. I just don't see where we get the ANSWER to our offensive problems by signing guys like that.

teddy bridgewater is not better than Mitch.

does signing Teddy mean we get the Saints’ offensive line, Payton for Nagy trade, and better weapons around him in Chicago?

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

The bolded jumped out at me.

Clueless posters might have pointed out that most everyone would have said about the Titans: "Bringing in Tannehill. How much is THAT going to help us?" or "Case Keenum had near top-flight stats in MIN under Shurmur"

but I am not clueless. I think Mitch doesn't have it but I really think Nagy doesn't have it so it all doesn't matter.

Interesting to note that Vrabel was hired in TEN same year as Nagy and seems to be able to find an OC that can do things and develop players like Henry, Tannehill, etc. And Shurmur was hired by NY same year as Nagy and while he was fired, I don't think he was anywhere near the primary reason the Giants struggled and think he will be a fine OC wherever he lands - which won't be CHI imo.

kerrywoodwins20

Liked Posts:
The bolded jumped out at me.

Clueless posters might have pointed out that most everyone would have said about the Titans: "Bringing in Tannehill. How much is THAT going to help us?" or "Case Keenum had near top-flight stats in MIN under Shurmur"

but I am not clueless. I think Mitch doesn't have it but I really think Nagy doesn't have it so it all doesn't matter.

Interesting to note that Vrabel was hired in TEN same year as Nagy and seems to be able to find an OC that can do things and develop players like Henry, Tannehill, etc. And Shurmur was hired by NY same year as Nagy and while he was fired, I don't think he was anywhere near the primary reason the Giants struggled and think he will be a fine OC wherever he lands - which won't be CHI imo.

My one problem with this line of thinking is that we knew Mitch was a project, so if you truly believe that Nagy doesn’t have it then you’re not logically justified in giving up on Trubisky because Nagy most likely has messed him up if Nagy is the incompetent cog.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
For those who think that "a qb can elevate a team" and for those don't... it's all meaningless. You are one and the same.

We've had more qb's roll through here than most teams. If you think that we somehow beat the miraculous odds and ALL were busts you should stop reading here. You don't understand logic and should continue on with your "feelings".

For the rest who can see both sides of this football, please note that no qb in the history of this game has "elevated a team". This is a team sport. You either do your job and fit into the giant wheel or you are part of the problem and need to be replaced or repaired. None of this works without all of it (or most of it) working.

I have NO IDEA if Mitch is good, bad, or ugly. I nor you will ever know.

What we have here is a failure to communicate. We have ownership that is still fat on the legend of 85.

You want a winning organization? Start at the top.

Intelligent Bears fans are far and few between but I agree with you 100 percent. The McCaskeys laugh all the way to the bank as meatheads in Ditka sweaters, fake mustaches, and douche sunglasses keep supporting this team and showing up on game day.

It’s like the allure of 1985 will never go away. even if another 35 years passes with mediocre offense and elite defenses Bears fans will still be supporting this organizations bottom line.

why change the paradigm if it’s working from a business/profit standpoint? Focus on defense because that’s what these idiotic fans worship. Keep feeding them that line of crap that defense wins championships and keep letting them believe that [insert quarterback here] was the problem in [insert year here]

#BearsFans
#MostUneducatedFansInAllOfSports
#Meatball
#DitkaBobbleHeads
#1985IsOnly35YearsAgo
#LetskeepTalkingAbout1985
#Derp

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
My one problem with this line of thinking is that we knew Mitch was a project, so if you truly believe that Nagy doesn’t have it then you’re not logically justified in giving up on Trubisky because Nagy most likely has messed him up if Nagy is the incompetent cog.

It is not illogical to believe both are incompetent. It is illogical to believe it would be logical to believe Nagy is incompetent and messed up Mitch and then call me illogical for giving up on Mitch when you grant I am allowed to believe Nagy messed him up.

kerrywoodwins20

Liked Posts:
It is not illogical to believe both are incompetent. It is illogical to believe it would be logical to believe Nagy is incompetent and messed up Mitch and then call me illogical for giving up on Mitch when you grant I am allowed to believe Nagy messed him up.

Did you watch Lamar Jackson in college? Or last year? Do you think Lamar Jackson magically learned how to play quarterback at a high level on his own? Or do you think the Ravens did a wonderful job teaching him?

I’m hoping it’s obvious it was the latter. Lamar Jackson looked clueless as a QB last year. Give him John Fox and Nagy and maybe he’s playing WR right now.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Did you watch Lamar Jackson in college? Or last year? Do you think Lamar Jackson magically learned how to play quarterback at a high level on his own? Or do you think the Ravens did a wonderful job teaching him?

I’m hoping it’s obvious it was the latter. Lamar Jackson looked clueless as a QB last year. Give him John Fox and Nagy and maybe he’s playing WR right now.

It is obvious it is the latter - especially watching Jackson last year. If Jackson were here, he would be playing QB (stop with your WR histrionics lol). He has a stronger arm and is far more athletic than Mitch but he was raw coming in, no doubt. Harbaugh and Roman get all the credit in the world from me for developing him as well as the fact that he is elite talented.

When it comes to MItch, he has not turned the corner like Jackson has. I get you want to blame Nagy for it and I agree in part:

Nagy gets no pass from me; I dislike him and have no faith in him. But Mitch also gets no pass from me; I have seen him play terribly for long stretches of the season when WRs are open and protection holds up. It is not a binary position (Mitch OR Nagy) as you seem to imply; they are both incompetent as I have been saying all year.

Mitch would look better with a better coach but he still is not as accurate or aware as Watson, Mahomes, Jackson and I suspect any coach would take any of them before Mitch. Also, Nagy would look better with a QB that reads better and faster and is more accurate, yet still would be stupid for long stretches as well - ignoring the run game, kneeling on 3rd down when behind and being genuinely predictable especially during first halfs of games.

Together we have Mitch and Nagy (yeah us :(

Together they are 2nd to last worst offense and can only scrape up 17 PPG. Just a fact; and a recipe for a fall-off of epic proportions next year imo.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
For those who think that "a qb can elevate a team" and for those don't... it's all meaningless. You are one and the same.

We've had more qb's roll through here than most teams. If you think that we somehow beat the miraculous odds and ALL were busts you should stop reading here. You don't understand logic and should continue on with your "feelings".

For the rest who can see both sides of this football, please note that no qb in the history of this game has "elevated a team". This is a team sport. You either do your job and fit into the giant wheel or you are part of the problem and need to be replaced or repaired. None of this works without all of it (or most of it) working.

I have NO IDEA if Mitch is good, bad, or ugly. I nor you will ever know.

What we have here is a failure to communicate. We have ownership that is still fat on the legend of 85.

You want a winning organization? Start at the top.

It’s funny how you have no idea if Mitch is bad or good but numerous former NFL players know he’s not good.

Last edited:

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Let's be honest, those aren't completely garbage organizations with garbage players and coaches. He'd be playing much better on those teams, especially the Ravens.

It's funny how so many people think the Bears are just this hapless victim of bad QB play, and we're plagued by bust QBs, the lovable bad luck Chicago Bears, and blah blah blah. What is the constant here? The Chicago Bears. You think it's every single QB, or this trash heap of an organization?

The 2019 Chicago Bears offense was the victim of a garbage organization that doesn't know what the fuck they're doing. The same as every other fucking year.

You have no idea if this is true or not. You may THINK you do.... but you actually don't.

kerrywoodwins20

Liked Posts:
It’s funny how you have no idea if Mitch is bad or good but numerous former NFL players know he’s not good.

plenty of NFL players were sure Jay Cutler wasn’t tough too, when I saw him get abused more than any QB in the league and usually get up and keep playing unless something was broken. The average NFL player isn’t very smart.

kerrywoodwins20

Liked Posts:
It is obvious it is the latter - especially watching Jackson last year. If Jackson were here, he would be playing QB (stop with your WR histrionics lol). He has a stronger arm and is far more athletic than Mitch but he was raw coming in, no doubt. Harbaugh and Roman get all the credit in the world from me for developing him as well as the fact that he is elite talented.

When it comes to MItch, he has not turned the corner like Jackson has. I get you want to blame Nagy for it and I agree in part:

Nagy gets no pass from me; I dislike him and have no faith in him. But Mitch also gets no pass from me; I have seen him play terribly for long stretches of the season when WRs are open and protection holds up. It is not a binary position (Mitch OR Nagy) as you seem to imply; they are both incompetent as I have been saying all year.

Mitch would look better with a better coach but he still is not as accurate or aware as Watson, Mahomes, Jackson and I suspect any coach would take any of them before Mitch. Also, Nagy would look better with a QB that reads better and faster and is more accurate, yet still would be stupid for long stretches as well - ignoring the run game, kneeling on 3rd down when behind and being genuinely predictable especially during first halfs of games.

Together we have Mitch and Nagy (yeah us :(

Together they are 2nd to last worst offense and can only scrape up 17 PPG. Just a fact; and a recipe for a fall-off of epic proportions next year imo.

Id put Mitch in the category of quarterbacks that needs a good coach and good offense to succeed. That’s a category with lots of guys, tbh. Includes guys like Tannehill obviously.

As for accuracy concerns, Mitch graded better for accuracy than Jackson and Watson by a wide margin before Nagy got his hands on him. It’s very likely Nagy’s poor coaching has led to a lot of this regression with Mitch. And then of course Mitch is playing behind a bottom 3 line and Lamar rarely sees any pressure. Do you really think Mitch wouldn’t get into a groove accuracy wise if he was playing behind the Baltimore offensive line?

We don’t seem to understand as a fan base how much a clean pocket leads to success and how much success builds on other success for a quarterback.

I guess it makes sense. We put Jay Cutler behind the worst offensive line in the league and had him do 7 step drops until he was thoroughly abused, mentally and physically. Then wondered why he never reached his potential.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
plenty of NFL players were sure Jay Cutler wasn’t tough too, when I saw him get abused more than any QB in the league and usually get up and keep playing unless something was broken. The average NFL player isn’t very smart.

Not compared to those genius fans right? RIGHT? They should just listen to the fans. Those guys really know whats up!

kerrywoodwins20

Liked Posts:
Not compared to those genius fans right? RIGHT? They should just listen to the fans. Those guys really know whats up!

If Maurice Jones Drew said Cutler was skiddish in the pocket then he’d have a point. He didn’t. He said Cutler was a pussy basically. That just obviously isn’t true. Some of the beatings he got up from very few quarterbacks in that era would have. When people say stupid things, I tend to assume they’re stupid. Whether they’re a fan or player.

kerrywoodwins20

Liked Posts:
I assume you will reference the Packers dude saying our plan was to make Mitch beat us. Except logically, that wasn’t true. They were running out dime packages for the majority of both games.

Their plan was to stop Mitch and count on the Bears’ pathetic line to still not be able to create running production despite facing favorable running sets. That plan worked. Doesn’t mean the player who said their plan was to make Mitch beat them was factually correct. They didn’t stuff the box.

Does that player who said that understand that being able to completely shut down a team’s running game out of dime packages makes it very hard for any quarterback to beat you? Maybe, maybe not. Based on his comments, doesn’t sound like it.