1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I think 6 WRs, 4 backs & 3 TEs.

I agree with Mick on the numbers.

I think Nall is an interesting prospect because he can back up Howard but also do some of the same things Burton can do in the pass game as well as play some FB if necessary.

I think we'll see Robinson, Gabriel, Miller, White, Fowler and Wims at WR. Howard, Cohen, Cunningham and Nall at RB... Burton, Shaheen and Sims at TE...

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
He was healthy in camp last year and did not look bigger, faster, and stronger. He had a bad camp. Windy recently posted the links on that.

There has been recent video of him practicing routes and he's moving noticeably better than we've seen him as a Bear.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
They did not pay Gabriel 6.5 million a season and 14 guaranteed to be a back up.

Gabriel is a prototypical slot guy. White is a prototypical outside guy. Gabriel is not going to be forced outside to best outside coverage in order to use his speed. He will be in the slot taking advantage of everything underneath and every mismatch and mistake in the deep part of the field.

You wouldn't be maximizing his potential by asking him to play outside. If anyone has a chance of playing outside fulltime instead of white it's probably Miller.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Gabriel is a prototypical slot guy. White is a prototypical outside guy. Gabriel is not going to be forced outside to best outside coverage in order to use his speed. He will be in the slot taking advantage of everything underneath and every mismatch and mistake in the deep part of the field.

You wouldn't be maximizing his potential by asking him to play outside. If anyone has a chance of playing outside fulltime instead of white it's probably Miller.

Taylor Gabriel is 160 lbs. He would literally die on the field if you had him trying to consistently catching passes in front of linebackers or in between linebackers and safeties. What a terrible idea.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I’m not sure white makes the team over Bellamy. They have a hard on for that mother fucker

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Given you have both Cohen and Burton who will play some in the slot, not sure why you would keep 6 WRs. If I had to guess I would say one of Wims or Nall end up on the PS. I am going to say that Bellamy makes the team because White gets injured again and ends up on the PUP.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
The only way I see White on the roster is if they think they can stash Wims on the PS...

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It seems the reason Simms made the team is doubt about who Shaheen is. He has never proven capable of being the starter at the in-line position, so they kept the guy they hired to be despite underperforming. Shaheen May have a better chance behind Burton

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Given you have both Cohen and Burton who will play some in the slot, not sure why you would keep 6 WRs. If I had to guess I would say one of Wims or Nall end up on the PS. I am going to say that Bellamy makes the team because White gets injured again and ends up on the PUP.

Have to agree with Remy here. Too many overvaluing WRs and undervaluing our TEs and RBs use in the passing game...

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Whites salary is completely guaranteed.....Bellamy's is not. If they have enough sp[ecial teams players, I don't see them retaining Bellamy over White.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
After doing some reading on Wims, he sounds a lot like a player very similar to Tanner Gentry. Good ball skills, but will not be able to get open in the NFL, at least initially. He’s probably gonna need time on the practice squad.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Whites salary is completely guaranteed.....Bellamy's is not. If they have enough sp[ecial teams players, I don't see them retaining Bellamy over White.

His salary is guaranteed....not his position on the roster.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
His salary is guaranteed....not his position on the roster.

The guaranteed salary plays into it. If he looks like he is holding his own in TC they will probably lean towards him especially if they have good people on special teams. Besides, I think both White and Bellamy make the final roster....I think Wims goes to the practice squad.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Teams eat money all the time Idt his guaranteed contract will prevent them from cutting him if they want Bellamy on the roster

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
After doing some reading on Wims, he sounds a lot like a player very similar to Tanner Gentry. Good ball skills, but will not be able to get open in the NFL, at least initially. He’s probably gonna need time on the practice squad.

That’s a good point also. And in this scenario both Bellamy and white make the roster and wims gets called up if white unfortunately goes on ir again

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I see 5 WRs, 4 TEs, and 4 RBs on the final roster. But at this point, its anybody's guess...

6 WR's is the norm for the Bears and i think most teams if not all. Some might even keep 7.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Taylor Gabriel is 160 lbs. He would literally die on the field if you had him trying to consistently catching passes in front of linebackers or in between linebackers and safeties. What a terrible idea.

Huh? He's built to outrun linebackers laterally then turn the corner. I'm not saying he won't see the outside but he is perfect for use against a nickel package in the slot to create mismatches.

Obviously if he can take advantage outside you can go to him but I would say that getting off good press man coverage would be tough.

All I'm saying if is white isn't the Y then you should just cut him now. He's just eating reps at this point. Pace likely wants to salvage his 6th overall pick in white and at least give him until this year is over to show something. Otherwise it's a really bad stain on his career as a GM. White being healthy and successful is what's best for the bears organization. Why are you rooting against it? Because he got hurt and he let you down? That's not rational or professional, actually its petty and personal.

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't sleep in brauneker making it over brown for the last tightends spot. He was literally on every phase of special teams last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

80% of his career snaps have come on the outside.

He has even tweeted about it.

Nagy already said he is in the Tyreek Hill role which is a lot of outside and take the top off routes.