The Official Madden 13 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CubbyBear2290

Graham Dougie=UNBEATABLE!
Liked Posts:
I'm going to pick up my copy right meow! Is there an online franchise mode? and if so would anybody be down to do it this year?

Emanbears23

Liked Posts:
I'd be down for online CC. Should have the game by the weekend. Amazon didn't ship until today...

Emanbears23 - PSN ID

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love Franchise mode, but seeing people claim its gone while others state its there, just called Coach Mode or some shit. Is it there or not?? And I cant create myself and play Franchise/Coach mode?? Im always editing players throughout the entire original Rosters, but Im seeing many claim that option is gone now, correct? WTF is that Connected Career or whatever bullshit? Most importantly, should I say fuck it and just go with 12? Or back to 11 on the PS2?

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I love Franchise mode, but seeing people claim its gone while others state its there, just called Coach Mode or some shit. Is it there or not?? And I cant create myself and play Franchise/Coach mode?? Im always editing players throughout the entire original Rosters, but Im seeing many claim that option is gone now, correct? WTF is that Connected Career or whatever bullshit? Most importantly, should I say fuck it and just go with 12? Or back to 11 on the PS2?

Franchise mode is still in the game. Its under Connected Careers Mode... They pretty much combined Superstar mode, franchise mode and NFL Head Coach into connected career.

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ok, but whats with the 'combined' nonsense? Or that its just grouped into one category on the title screen instead of individually as in the past? Or did they some fucked up way actually combine the game modes into one? Im lost lol Finally go 360 and everything gets fucked up.

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ok, but whats with the 'combined' nonsense? Or that its just grouped into one category on the title screen instead of individually as in the past? Or did they some fucked up way actually combine the game modes into one? Im lost lol Finally go 360 and everything gets fucked up.

Watch this video...

[video=youtube;ONnqlBrWTv0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONnqlBrWTv0[/video]

Reactions: BNB

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This game definitely looks cool.

But I may be dumb, so someone explain this to me quickly again. [probably missed it in that video]

If you start a franchise under that player mode thing, you can only play as that player and you're not involved with the draft, etc?

And if you're a coach, you can do the draft and sign players, etc. but do you play the games as well? Or are you only in charge of the practice and off-season stuff?

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
This game definitely looks cool.

But I may be dumb, so someone explain this to me quickly again. [probably missed it in that video]

If you start a franchise under that player mode thing, you can only play as that player and you're not involved with the draft, etc?

And if you're a coach, you can do the draft and sign players, etc. but do you play the games as well? Or are you only in charge of the practice and off-season stuff?

If you are a player it will be like superstar mode...no draft, FA, or anything like that

As a Coach you run the franchise...scout, draft, sign FAs, play the games..etc

Also if you get bored being a player or coach you can retire as that person and play/coach as someone else...and you start right where you left off/retired as the last player/coach. So you dont have to restart all over.

Example..Say your lovie Smith and you coach 4-5 years. you get bored. You can retire lovie and you can choose another coach or player and resume where youleft off as lovie. No starting over.(unless you choose to from the main menu)

Adds re playability to the CC mode.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My wife picked it up for me today, and I was able to play a few minutes with my son...Must say the gameplay looks good, seemed fluid to me..Can't wait to do a Coach Career and get into the regular season...Can not wait to see how deep the off-season is when you are a coach..Really looking forward to it

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ok cool. So the coach mode is pretty much like the old franchise modes but a little different. Sweet. I'll be picking this up soon.

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
Watch this video... [video=youtube;ONnqlBrWTv0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONnqlBrWTv0[/video]
Oh sure.. Post a link to youtube to the guy who is stuck on mobile, and crappy mobile at that. How cruel... :( Thats ok though, got my answer like 2 posts later :yeah:

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I will say they got Webb right...Played two games and Webb has given up 5 sacks, 3 of the sacks he let the guy go right by him without even trying to block..

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Played the Rams last night and just owned Bradford...Was able to get 8 sacks and 4 picks. They are just awful won 59-3...The only bad part was Webb gave up 3 more sacks which he has now given up 8 or 9 in three games..

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
hahahahahaha.

Are you playing that coach mode thing? Trade for another LT.

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Played the Rams last night and just owned Bradford...Was able to get 8 sacks and 4 picks. They are just awful won 59-3...The only bad part was Webb gave up 3 more sacks which he has now given up 8 or 9 in three games..

Make a trade to get a better LT

Status
Not open for further replies.