The Official Madden 13 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is the most frustrating game ever.... The running game is broke. I know they tried to improve it, but it's horrible. You literally knick someone and your runningback is flopping down to the ground.

The new strafe system sucks too. Pretty much Hold down Y (xbox), but switching to the closest defender takes wayyyyyy to long and by the time it switches, there's no point.

so you went from super excited to super disappointed really quick

:troll:

beardown28

That's What She Said
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hate how they have screwed the offline players over completely this year. There is no longer a franchise, just that stupid combined career mode. You cannot edit players equipment or numbers now, and you cannot switch players positions. I'm highly disappointed in this game. As dumb as it may sound I liked firing and hiring coaches and naming the stadium and doing all of the owner stuff. I am actually considering taking this game back and just sticking with 12.

northsiderbearcub

Liked Posts:
I hate how they have screwed the offline players over completely this year. There is no longer a franchise, just that stupid combined career mode. You cannot edit players equipment or numbers now, and you cannot switch players positions. I'm highly disappointed in this game. As dumb as it may sound I liked firing and hiring coaches and naming the stadium and doing all of the owner stuff. I am actually considering taking this game back and just sticking with 12.

I liked doing all of the owner stuff as well. Scouting, drafting, hiring new coaches, that to me was a good game within game.

sikesy7

martymcflyyyy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Madden 13 No Franchise mode!

I don't know how many of you are madden players, but I' am and I love Franchise mode. Every year I create myself put myself on the Bears and start a franchise... This year they got rid of it and put in connected careers? It's like superstar mode and coach mode combined.. You can only play with created players in play now and no more drafts at the end of the season.. Why on earth would EA get rid of the best mode in the game?

OmiyalePants

More pink bars means
Liked Posts:
I don't know how many of you are madden players, but I' am and I love Franchise mode. Every year I create myself put myself on the Bears and start a franchise... This year they got rid of it and put in connected careers? It's like superstar mode and coach mode combined.. You can only play with created players in play now and no more drafts at the end of the season.. Why on earth would EA get rid of the best mode in the game?

Don't worry. They'll bring it back next year and call it a new feature.

sikesy7

martymcflyyyy
Donator
Liked Posts:
They deleted Franchise mode. You can no longer create yourself and play with yourself on the Bears... Fuck EA

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
All the things I'm hearing about this year's Madden are giving me some serious doubts and concerns about me preordering it. I may have to go back to Madden 12 at this rate.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Connected careers is franchise mode. Go into it and either pick Lovie Smith as your coach, or create one. You can still edit everything as well as draft, scout, etc.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wait...maybe not. Havent really gone into Connected Careers mode yet.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
And from what I'm reading, they are going to be patching up CCM very soon.

Emanbears23

Liked Posts:
Any possibility they could add a Franchise mode through a patch? I have no Idea how that works so I don't know if it's possible. I just know all I'm hearing about is people being pissed because it's gone. I pre-ordered before I knew about the no franchise mode, but that is my favorite thing to do in madden games.

BirdDog1980

Liked Posts:
I love Madden so far. I don't know what all of the complaining is about. Offline mode in Connected Careers IS Franchise Mode.. if u play as a coach. It's just called something different this year. You can do everything you could do in the past.. cut players, sign FAs, trade players/picks, scout, draft, practice.. everything. And you can still control your entire team during the games.

As for Fantasy drafts.. meh.. it was cool to try out every now and then, but it's not something I did on a regular basis. I'm more of a "sim" kind of guy. If I want my fantasy fix, I just play Ultimate Team. Which is also great by the way.

Same with Edit Players.. could care less if it's in or out. I'm actually glad it's out. Playing with a bunch of guys rated 99 isn't all that fun.. and I'm not going to throw a tantrum just because I can't edit my teams accessories.

sikesy7

martymcflyyyy
Donator
Liked Posts:
And from what I'm reading, they are going to be patching up CCM very soon.

it would have to be a very big patch... as of now you can't play coach mode with updated or edited roster which means created players... you can't do a fantasy draft.... you cant play multi-player offline franchise mode... why even give the ability to create players if you can't even use them in career mode? what I'm supposed to create myself and play exhibition games all the time? I don't complain about madden ever, all I've ever wanted to do is create myself put myself on the bears and start a franchise. Pretty simple not asking for much

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They won't patch and add the old Franchise mode.

Liked Posts:
Just thought Id get this started

All madden 13 info here...(sticky sometime soon please)

Images, news, etc....

New Broadcast Team in Madden NFL 13 | pastapadre.com(thank god it isn't buck aikman.)

I read that franchise mode is still on 2013 but now it's labeled under coach mode instead. If it is totally out of the game I have no reason to play it myself. The only reason I ever played it in the first place was because of the franchise mode with offseason drafts.

bbaker

Liked Posts:
Went to Walmart this morning to get it. Not a real big fan of the new franchise mode. I guess it's more realistic, but it seems complicated to me. It'll take some time adjusting to this game. Gameplay is fine with me, but then again I've only played 1 game (Chicago vs. Andrew Luck).

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
I read that franchise mode is still on 2013 but now it's labeled under coach mode instead. If it is totally out of the game I have no reason to play it myself. The only reason I ever played it in the first place was because of the franchise mode with offseason drafts.

Connected careers is franchise mode.

they just put superstar and franchise modes together and let you have options on what you want to do.

You can either play as a coach(franchise mode with drafts, FA, period, scouting etc)
Or you can play as a current player, create yourself or play a legendary player in a superstar mode. where you just worry about your player and not all the other stuff.

As coach you run the franchise..franchise mode is still their, just EA decided to change it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.