"The Plan"

Visionman

Liked Posts:
they were kept to save money
They were not. That’s just another stupid fan assumption. There is 180 million they are spending...WASTING...this year on players like Dalton in order to save a couple mil from Pace/Nagy? That makes no sense...

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So much has been speculated by Bears fans about what "The Plan" is? Are the Bears rebuilding? Are they in a win now mode? After what's happened so far I think it's obvious....

It's win now. But that's not winning like you and me want. That's not competing for a Super Bowl winning. I'm talking about saving Pace and Nagy's ass type of winning. I'm talking about convincing George to extend my contract type of winning.

If the Bears were rebuilding... truly rebuilding..... they wouldn't be back loading every deal like they are. Tacking on void years left and right. Jimmy Graham wouldn't be a Bear. This team is squeezing every last ounce of cap dollar towards THIS YEAR.

Now I know many are going but what about Dalton? The Bears can't win a Super Bowl with Dalton! And you're right.... they almost certainly can't. (I'll never say never in sports.... but it's sure as hell not likely) Dalton isn't here to win a Super Bowl. Dalton isn't here to mentor a QB. Dalton is here to eke out 9 or 10 wins at best. Save Nagy and Pace's jobs. Prove that Nagy can run an offense that isn't bottom of the league.

Nagy was brought here to fix the offense. And it hasn't even come close to being fixed. Most of us think he's a fucking dunce. Nagy has to prove he can at least run a middle of the pack offense. He hasn't sniffed the top half of the league in 3 years. Dalton can, if nothing else, get the Bears there. That's the goal. That's how bad Nagy has been. Top 16 would be a HUGE improvement.

So as much as I want a QB this year. As much as we all know that's the fastest way to get to the Super Bowl..... Realize this isn't about getting to the Super Bowl. It's about getting to 9-7 and a middle of the pack offense without having the defense collapse. A 9-7 season with an average offense and a slightly above average defense get's Pace and Nagy 4 more years. Barf now..... I'll wait. One more winning season and George can say Pace/Nagy have a winning record after 4 years. A winning season and they probably eek into the playoffs again so he can say the Bears have made the playoffs three out of four years. A middle of the pack offense and George can say "we've improved BIGLY."

So expect more cheap vet deals. Don't expect a QB in the top 2 rounds. Expect some combo of CB, WR, or OT with the first 2 picks. Maybe even a trade down in round one. But certainly not a trade up.

For those of you that think I'm full of shit remember who #CalledIt on Fuller. This sheep knows how Pace thinks. This sheep knows George has no vision.

This is broadly true with one change. Dalton is not here to win 9 games IMO. I think he is here so that if the Bears draft a QB, Dalton can hopefully keep the Bears afloat until the young QB is ready to take over hopefully before mid-season as that would mean he is more Justin Herbert than Sam Darnold.

Liked Posts:
I hope a new QB is in the cards. My thing is that instead of making these crazy offers for Watson or Wilson, why couldnt Pace instead make an offer for the top pick in the draft? Which I do believe could have been had for less than what Pace was offering for either QB.

85Bears

Formerly known as 85Bears
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hope a new QB is in the cards. My thing is that instead of making these crazy offers for Watson or Wilson, why couldnt Pace instead make an offer for the top pick in the draft? Which I do believe could have been had for less than what Pace was offering for either QB.
Perhaps, but you still have Pace making that selection which didn't work out so well before. The draft is still a crap shoot. I'd rather pay all that for a proven franchise QB than even Lawrence, who despite the hype, still might crash and burn in the NFL.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
So much has been speculated by Bears fans about what "The Plan" is? Are the Bears rebuilding? Are they in a win now mode? After what's happened so far I think it's obvious....

It's win now. But that's not winning like you and me want. That's not competing for a Super Bowl winning. I'm talking about saving Pace and Nagy's ass type of winning. I'm talking about convincing George to extend my contract type of winning.

If the Bears were rebuilding... truly rebuilding..... they wouldn't be back loading every deal like they are. Tacking on void years left and right. Jimmy Graham wouldn't be a Bear. This team is squeezing every last ounce of cap dollar towards THIS YEAR.

Now I know many are going but what about Dalton? The Bears can't win a Super Bowl with Dalton! And you're right.... they almost certainly can't. (I'll never say never in sports.... but it's sure as hell not likely) Dalton isn't here to win a Super Bowl. Dalton isn't here to mentor a QB. Dalton is here to eke out 9 or 10 wins at best. Save Nagy and Pace's jobs. Prove that Nagy can run an offense that isn't bottom of the league.

Nagy was brought here to fix the offense. And it hasn't even come close to being fixed. Most of us think he's a fucking dunce. Nagy has to prove he can at least run a middle of the pack offense. He hasn't sniffed the top half of the league in 3 years. Dalton can, if nothing else, get the Bears there. That's the goal. That's how bad Nagy has been. Top 16 would be a HUGE improvement.

So as much as I want a QB this year. As much as we all know that's the fastest way to get to the Super Bowl..... Realize this isn't about getting to the Super Bowl. It's about getting to 9-7 and a middle of the pack offense without having the defense collapse. A 9-7 season with an average offense and a slightly above average defense get's Pace and Nagy 4 more years. Barf now..... I'll wait. One more winning season and George can say Pace/Nagy have a winning record after 4 years. A winning season and they probably eek into the playoffs again so he can say the Bears have made the playoffs three out of four years. A middle of the pack offense and George can say "we've improved BIGLY."

So expect more cheap vet deals. Don't expect a QB in the top 2 rounds. Expect some combo of CB, WR, or OT with the first 2 picks. Maybe even a trade down in round one. But certainly not a trade up.

For those of you that think I'm full of shit remember who #CalledIt on Fuller. This sheep knows how Pace thinks. This sheep knows George has no vision.
No one with half a brain thinks they are rebuilding. Pace and Nagy are in do or die mode.